Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tusk Rumour

[Someone wrote this letter to the editor at Inside USC. I've never heard this one before, I highly doubt there's truth in it. Lindsey's not exactly conservative]

http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/archi...-forum-27.html

June 28, 2008 11:32 AM

TrojanAnnenberg2001 said:

What have you heard about the rumor going around that Lindsey Buckingham, the guitarist for Fleetwood Mac who wrote and sang "Tusk," is considering filing an injunction to prevent the Trojan Marching Band from performing his song as he is offended by the image of the Song Girls from this past decade dancing and being associated with his masterpiece?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More college stuff. This young band, Oxford Collapse, said they asked Lindsey to produce them. Actually, I think it would be great for Lindsey to produce a talented young band.

Metromix New York:

http://newyork.metromix.com/music/ar...478540/content

Pace spoke with us about the new album, his house party memories and why he’s still waiting for a note from Lindsey Buckingham.

The opening lyric of “Bits” is “I can’t remember things.” Is that a problem you often have?

A lot of times when we’re writing lyrics and putting words to a melody, I repeat the first thing that comes out of my mouth over and over again, then later I might mold it into something more meaningful. This time, we just kept the first thing I said.

Your sound is heavily influenced by the alt rock scene of the ‘80s and early ‘90s. Which of those bands were most important to you?

Personally, we’re always going to have a place in our hearts for early R.E.M. and early SST bands. But the stuff we listen to in general is a lot of classic rock like mid-period Bob Dylan and The Band. That stuff is so inspirational.

I like to think we’re this American rock band and that we take a lot of cues from bands like Creedence, the Byrds, early Little Feat and Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey Buckingham is my biggest inspiration in terms of playing guitar. We sent him a letter asking if he’d be interested in producing “Bits.” We’re still waiting to hear back (laughs).
Old 06-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Someone wrote this letter to the editor at Inside USC. I've never heard this one before, I highly doubt there's truth in it. Lindsey's not exactly conservative]

http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/archi...-forum-27.html

June 28, 2008 11:32 AM

TrojanAnnenberg2001 said:

What have you heard about the rumor going around that Lindsey Buckingham, the guitarist for Fleetwood Mac who wrote and sang "Tusk," is considering filing an injunction to prevent the Trojan Marching Band from performing his song as he is offended by the image of the Song Girls from this past decade dancing and being associated with his masterpiece?
Putting on my Guess Wildly cap, I'd have to say that Lindsey neither knows nor cares anything about the USC Song Girls, & that the Trojan Marching Band has been playing TUSK at football games for twenty-eight years, a tradition that shows no signs of discontinuing.

Incidentally, they don't look all that offensive to me (although the gal in the front row, center, isn't wearing the regulation sweater & shoes).

I assume that post was meant tongue in cheek. That whole forum appears to be waggishly & exaggeratedly arguing the merits of the current lineup & talent of cheerleaders.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Incidentally, they don't look all that offensive to me (although the gal in the front row, center, isn't wearing the regulation sweater & shoes).

I love you David. You made me smile.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I assume that post was meant tongue in cheek. That whole forum appears to be waggishly & exaggeratedly arguing the merits of the current lineup & talent of cheerleaders.
Oh, see I didn't read all the posts and didn't get the context.

Quote:
Incidentally, they don't look all that offensive to me
Well, who knows what they look like when performing! Michele