The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hold your horses, everybody! Let's not suddenly inundate Christine with fan mail. How many of you here used to frequent the message board on the former ChristineMcVie.com website? Remember when the website invited everyone to send questions for Christine and she promised to answer some of them? Remember what happened next? So many people wrote (and so many of the questions were "when are you going to play with Fleetwood Mac again?") that she was just overwhelmed and dropped the project. Nobody got any answers to any questions.

It's better if ONE person from this board writes ... maybe that one person will get an answer. If all of a sudden she gets a bag of fan mail I'm afraid the same thing will happen that happened with the website questions.

So, Jaycee, if you find an address for Christine, it might be better for you to keep it to yourself. BUT if you get an answer from Chris ... you could share that!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah... I forgot that if one person receives something, everybody else wants it! And, of course, the last thing I want to be responsible for is stressing out Christine! So don't worry, my lips are sealed!
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 12-28-2009, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm guessing not, because it was written 23 years ago. I know Sanctuary was in the UK then, but I don't think they were affiliated with FM.

Michele
No, Michelle, I was referring to the person who started the thread by saying he or she was inclined to write a letter to Christine now...not the 1986 letter.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Ledgie

I wanted to write a letter to Chris a few years ago, but could never find an address so didn't bother in the end.

I think that if she was still a working artist then you could send a letter to her record label or agent. But I think these days finding an address for her will be difficult.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
By the way, where would you send the letter? To Sanctuary Records?
I sent it WB's...
Old 12-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Address:

Christine McVie
Fleetwood Mac Singer and Piano Player
England

Put your return address on it. She'll get it. If she doesn't it will be returned to you.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

as she's retired now I'm not sure where a letter should be sent.

I mean even if we knew where she lived writing to her home address would be somewhat intrusive.

Gail
Old 12-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I mean even if we knew where she lived writing to her home address would be somewhat intrusive.

Gail
I agree with that. If I were so egotistic to feel the need to get a letter to her (or anyone famous), I would find out who her management company is, and send it to that address. While it does happen on a rare occassion, as a fluke, you cannot put the burden of expectation on them to respond to you personally.

Again, to be so egotistical to think that your letter (one of thousands) is going to be so special and emotionally moving that the recipient will have to personally respond is ridiculous.

Say its circa 1972 and you're 11 years old. You just joined the David Cassidy fan club, and think you wrote such a groovy heart-felt letter that David will see how special you are! He's definately going to write you...maybe even call you! It's delusional.

You know how I show appreciation for an artist? I buy their stuff; I go to their shows. That's Enough For Me!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-31-2009 at 08:22 PM..
Old 01-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I agree with that. If I were so egotistic to feel the need to get a letter to her (or anyone famous), I would find out who her management company is, and send it to that address. While it does happen on a rare occassion, as a fluke, you cannot put the burden of expectation on them to respond to you personally.

Again, to be so egotistical to think that your letter (one of thousands) is going to be so special and emotionally moving that the recipient will have to personally respond is ridiculous.

Say its circa 1972 and you're 11 years old. You just joined the David Cassidy fan club, and think you wrote such a groovy heart-felt letter that David will see how special you are! He's definately going to write you...maybe even call you! It's delusional.

You know how I show appreciation for an artist? I buy their stuff; I go to their shows. That's Enough For Me!
You actually think I expect a reply? I'm sure I'm not worth the time of day for most people! But Christine is, and I think she might not mind a reminder of how much she's contributed to her fans.
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 01-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's a crying shame you chose to respond in this fashion to the original poster. The original poster appears to me to be "so sincere" in their wish to thank Christine for the music, in a letter. Why be so mean to this person who simply wants to express their thankfulness, and is willing to put some work into figuring out how to do it?

Again, and I said this before in an earlier post, I seriously doubt Chris is receiving "thousands" of fan letters these days. If she did receive letters in such quantities in past years, she's not any more. What harm can one letter do to her? She can toss the letter, or maybe she'll read it in a quiet moment and smile, thinking that her artistic efforts touched this one person. (Not millions of people ... just this one.)

I think the original poster's idea of writing this letter is very sweet, and I am very supportive of their efforts to do so.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

I don't feel that he is being egotistical. Actually, to want to send a letter of appreciation, just to send it when someone may never even see it, sounds completely Unegotistical.

Last edited by holidayroad; 01-02-2010 at 08:06 AM..
Old 01-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I don't feel that she is being egotistical. Actually, to want to send a letter of appreciation, just to send it when someone may never even see it, sounds completely Unegotistical.
I agree completely with this.

And I sincerely wager, that Christine probably doesn't get much fan mail these days. I'll bet not more than a few letters(maybe 5-10) a month, if even that.

I too, would love to have the opportunity, to tell her, how much her music, has been the soundtrack to my life.

And I'd include a picture of me, wearing some sort of Weird Al shirt, and include a self-addressed, stamped envelope, so that she could maybe take the time, to tell me what a stupid, fukcing shirt I'm wearing.
I'd give $1000, for a letter from her, just saying those words to me!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Homer - that's a f*ckin stupid shirt you're wearing

Love Christine

PS can I have my $1000 now?
Old 01-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Homer - that's a f*ckin stupid shirt you're wearing

Love Christine

PS can I have my $1000 now?
It just doesn't feel the same, coming from you!

But, nice try!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Meowi
This message has been deleted by Meowi.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Folks, Good News - I have an address!!!
Who wants it?

What Stevie like at this?
I would love the opportunity to write to Christine, happy to post a draft to the Ledge.

I live in the UK so not far to travel I believe?

Mark