User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tony Besgrove’s youtube pick of the day: LB's ISA, LiB

http://ourlistenersclub.com/2014/05/...oncert-boston/

Home » MUSIC » Tony Besgrove’s youtube pick of the day: Lindsey Buckingham; 2003 concert in Boston

May 15, 2014

Tony Besgrove’s youtube pick of the day: Lindsey Buckingham; 2003 concert in Boston

Tony writes as follows: Every few years, the music and guitar magazines run their ‘best guitar solo’ poll, and every year it is topped by either Dave Gilmour’s ‘Comfortably Numb’ or Don Felder’s & Joe Walsh’s ‘Hotel California’ solos – all magnificent pieces of guitar artistry. However, here’s one that seems to have been forgotten, but in my view is up there with the best of them. It’s from Lindsey Buckingham – he of Fleetwood Mac fame – and it’s from a 2003 concert in Boston.

Buckingham’s guitar is an unusual creation from luthier Rick Turner; Tonally… it blows your socks off! Playing finger style, Buckingham’s technique looks quite unusual; I have never seen anyone playing quite like that except perhaps Jeff Beck.

There may be a few small timing errors in this performance (hey – this IS rock’n’roll after all!), but the way he builds the solo to its climax is quite staggering. You can see from his reaction at the finish that he is emotionally drained….me too!

(Honourable mention for Mick Fleetwood for some magnificent drumming by the way)

Click the link – turn up the volume – and do nothing else for the next ten minutes except watch & listen. If you like it let me know, and I’ll see what else I can dig out for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDwg28bSjoI

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"