User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
I'm interested in new songs, but not a new album. As rehearsed as their shows are, I'd rather have a long, fresh setlist. Their last few albums have been so overproduced by Lindsey and Chris Lord-Alge. They're just blah.
i'm not sure what are you talking about. they all together ever put out a few albums.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Releasing new music is the principal difference between a creative entity and a nostalgia act. For the last decade or more, FM has been teetering perilously close to becoming a dinosaur oldies act. The EP brought them back from the edge a bit, but only a new album can change the perception that they are an oldies act. Well...that or they can put their money into locating the Fountain of Youth so they can return to their prime ages.
thank you for spelling it out so nicely - there are people on this board who don''t get that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Word on the street is it's THREE hours a night. Michele
This.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thank you for spelling it out so nicely - there are people on this board who don''t get that.

I second that!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i want new album, now! and i don't give a sh*t about yet another oldies tour, the only songs i'm interested in are Chris' oldies since LB's and Sn's FM oldies i've heard tons of times already last year.

you put a nice positive spin, but really, if you think you will get deep cuts, you are delusional. (i was that delusional last year. now i know better.) or easily satisfied with crumbs they gave fans with 1 deep cut / songwriter the last few tours.

of course if the new album somehow is out before the tour, i will probably scramble to get some show tickets, that i'm not buying now. as it looks now, it will be another oldies tour. i completely understand all deprived Christine fans wanting to go see it. i really don't get SN or LB fans getting anything out of it. (although i do plan to go to one show to see the 5.) this tour is for the masses, non-fans, and money-grab. from where i stand, it's purely insulting to fans - and this band is well aware there are tons of hard-core fans that follow them around. (at almost every show i've been at last year, there were same 20-30 people there, mostly SN hardcores, all the time.)
Yep. Yep. Yep.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want the album out before the tour so that they actually have something to tour behind. I know Chris being back is big news but you can be sure the show will be allot if the same songs they did without in Chris on the past 3 tours and that is a great shame. If they actuallly had online chats with the fans they might see how fed up most fans are at the stale setlist that they have been doing for almost 20 years. If this really is coming to an end why not dig deep and pull out 5-10 songs that are not overplayed or have never been played in concert. I think they would be surprised at the positive reaction. I just don't get how they can not be bored playing the same songs every tour.

My wish is that they change up the encores (No World Turning please), Drop the stale Big Love I'm So Afraid guitar solo showcase of Lindsey's in favor of other songs which showcase his great playing and also get Stevie to change up her songs so we actualy get more then 1 deep cut.

It feels like a slap in the face when they just toured last year and chances are allot of LB anf SN's song selections for the new tour will be the same ones from last year.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Being that I have yet to see them live, and never thought I would see the band it's entirety, a tour without new material is my preference. I really just want to see them jam though! New or old material.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I want the album out before the tour so that they actually have something to tour behind. I know Chris being back is big news but you can be sure the show will be allot if the same songs they did without in Chris on the past 3 tours and that is a great shame. If they actuallly had online chats with the fans they might see how fed up most fans are at the stale setlist that they have been doing for almost 20 years. If this really is coming to an end why not dig deep and pull out 5-10 songs that are not overplayed or have never been played in concert. I think they would be surprised at the positive reaction. I just don't get how they can not be bored playing the same songs every tour.

My wish is that they change up the encores (No World Turning please), Drop the stale Big Love I'm So Afraid guitar solo showcase of Lindsey's in favor of other songs which showcase his great playing and also get Stevie to change up her songs so we actualy get more then 1 deep cut.

It feels like a slap in the face when they just toured last year and chances are allot of LB anf SN's song selections for the new tour will be the same ones from last year.
The people here do not represent the majority of concert goers when you're playing basketball arenas. Most of them go there to see songs like Landslide and Go Your Own Way. They all have many songs that they basically have to play. They played 6 different songs in 2013 from 2009 and 2 of them were new. How many new songs do you think they would play from a new album? Maybe 5 or so? And once you put in the new songs how many rarely or never played old songs do you think they'll play? Probably none.

I would rather have the new album, but not because it's going to dramatically change the set list. It won't.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-08-2014 at 11:50 AM..