Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 2014 Reunion Articles

http://www.today.com/entertainment/c...mac-2D79442915

Christine McVie is rejoining Fleetwood Mac

Forget the "Rumours," and "Don't Stop (Thinking About Tomorrow)." It's true: After 15 years, Christine McVie is rejoining Fleetwood Mac. McVie and the band confirmed the news with Carson Daly on TODAY Thursday.

When asked if she was rejoining the band, McVie didn't hesitate. "I think that can be said with a definite capital 'Yes,'" she said.

McVie also revealed for the first time why she stopped touring with the group years ago. "I had a fear of flying," she explained. "I hadn't flown for 15 years."

Bandmate Stevie Nicks thought at the time that the group had seen the last of Christine. "She had us all seriously convinced that she would never come back," Nicks said.

But McVie did join her former group onstage in London last fall to sing their famous number, "Don't Stop." It was an emotional experience. "Walking out in London was sensational," she said.

Her bandmates agreed. "I had to get the Kleenex out," said Christine's ex-husband John McVie.

"All of us were very moved, you know. Very moved," said Mick Fleetwood.

Just a month after the onstage reunion, emotions ran high again when the band announced that John McVie had cancer. He told Daly he was "gettin' better," and now undergoing "chemo, basically. ... I'm out and about."

It's been a long, strange trip for the band. "At the beginning of 1975, I was a waitress and a cleaning lady," Nicks recalled. "When we came home from the tour, Lindsey (Buckingham) and I were almost a millionaire together."

But the band famously went through emotional turmoil, though Nicks said it did not affect their music. "When it was very bad, when Chris and John were breaking up and when Lindsey and I were breaking up, what we did not do was we did not take the horribleness into the studio."

Their massive success took its toll on their romantic relationships. Nicks and Buckingham said one song in particular, "Landslide," takes them back in time. "That was written at a time when there had been a breach in trust, probably from both sides," Buckingham said. "And, you know, we were still together. But it was one of the first things that kind of heralded the beginning of the end of our relationship."

But the band's way of expressing their passionate ups and downs through music allowed fans to relate to them even more. "People could buy into us and our stories," said Buckingham. "They could identify with us. They could care about us as people, and it also fueled the music in a subjective, powerful way."

All five members of Fleetwood Mac will be back on tour later this year, including a special TODAY concert on Oct. 9.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

(Thought we might need a place to keep track of all of the brand new articles. Hope Michele and the mods don't mind.)
Old 03-27-2014, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

(This one mentions that new songs are being recorded.)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...istry/6842143/

McVie missed Fleetwood Mac's 'tight chemistry'
The reunion of the classic lineup is "profound," says Lindsey Buckingham.
Fleetwood Mac

SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Looking back on her 1998 exit from Fleetwood Mac, Christine McVie recalls how considerate and obliging her bandmates were, particularly Stevie Nicks.

A few years later, "Stevie offered me $5 million to come back," McVie says. "She was begging me, 'Don't leave me in this wilderness.' "

As it turned out, McVie's 15-year exile left her feeling a bit lost in the wilderness, leading to this year's surprise reunion of the classic lineup that lit up the charts with Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Think About Me, You Make Loving Fun, Don't Stop, Tusk and Hold Me.

A tour is booked, new songs are being recorded, and "we all have great affection for each other," McVie says.

Bad blood played no role in McVie's departure. She was road weary after 28 years of "being one of the guys, raised in taverns and pubs with smoking, beer-drinking men."

"It was purely that, nothing personal," she says. "I was tired of living out of a suitcase. I wanted to be settled. I had decided to move from L.A. to England in 1990 but didn't go there until after the earthquake in 1994. I basically wanted to be the country lady in the Range Rover baking cookies for the local charity. But I was missing something. I idealized a life that didn't exist."

She gardened at her 17th-century mansion in Kent and recorded 2004's In the Meantime in a converted barn with her nephew.

"My solo records never felt the same," she says. "It just wasn't Fleetwood Mac and that tight chemistry."

In early 2013, she bumped into drummer Mick Fleetwood and "scratched at the door," he says.

Grounded for 15 years by her fear of flying, McVie agreed to fly with Fleetwood to Maui, where he lives, and perform in his blues band with John McVie. In September, she played Don't Stop with Fleetwood Mac at two shows in London.

"It became more than 'What if?' and we were all thrilled about the possibility," says Fleetwood.

Conference calls confirmed unanimous approval of her return, though concerns bubbled up.

"She burned a bridge by leaving, and we redefined what we were doing and carried on in a pretty effective way," says Lindsey Buckingham. "My main concern was that she understand that she had to stay. You can't do a one-off lark and head back to England and leave us hanging.

"Once there was clarity that she was in a good place and understood what coming back meant for the delegation of her time and energy, we all felt this was something poetic and profound.

"There's such a back story around the five of us," he says. "In many ways, the last 15 years have been the best of my life. In the early days of Fleetwood Mac, as successful and exciting as they were, we were not particularly stable, clear-headed or emotionally fulfilled."

Fleetwood and McVie have rented a 1932 Mediterranean-style grand estate built on the slope of Santa Monica Canyon. Its glorious gardens, beamed ceilings, art deco tiles and antique gates reflect a fabled history of wealth, drama, notoriety and romance, an apt metaphor for the Mac story.

With its steep rise in the '70s, the band lapsed into drug use and faced personal crises: Buckingham and Nicks split, the McVies divorced, Fleetwood's marriage ended.

"Having taken this story line, there's a lot to be grateful for now," says Fleetwood, sipping coffee in a sun-filled parlor of the 9,000-square-foot mansion. "Our conversations are all about this being a celebration. That's the mantra."

Topping his wish list is "new music coming out of these hugely talented songwriters," he says. "Me and John (Mac's non-writers) can't do much without other people. Our song is the band, and I want to keep writing that song."

McVie, lean with shoulder-length blond hair, sits nearby (scandal interception: the living arrangements are platonic).

"Everybody was so warm and friendly and welcoming," she says of the re-entry. "Lindsey said, 'Be sure it's what you really want.' The fear of starting up again went away."

McVie's chief worry? Finding proper caretakers for her house and two 15-year-old dogs. Once tour prep starts in July, she won't see them until 2015. She may Skype, "but then I'll be even more broken up."

The upcoming world tour, with multiple stops in some markets, won't be as grueling as past outings that drove McVie to an early retirement.

"We're being sensible about not overcooking the tour schedule," Fleetwood says. "I'm not comfortable doing five gigs a week. You get burned out. It would be stupid."

And the band's healthier habits should ease road stress, too.

"I don't drink like a fish anymore," Fleetwood says. "At 7 every morning, Chris and I are out on the lawn working out."

McVie says, "I need to be fit for this tour. I've never worked out in my life. This is the first time I've had a trainer or gone to the gym. I'm 70 and I need to be 45 again."

Fleetwood feigns shock and blurts, "You're 70, Chris? Oh, I've got to rethink this!"

Turning serious, he addresses Mac's future. "We're not drawing a 15-year blueprint," he says. "We're in real time. We've spoken about the next couple of years."

He adds brightly, "We are playing better than ever. It's just a fact. So there you go."

Buckingham sees cause for optimism.

"We're behaving ourselves a lot more," he says. "We're not doing the intense schedules we used to do. The lifestyle can be rigorous and even lonely. But Christine realized there may have been equivalent rigors to not being connected to a sense of purpose.

"I have yet to forget why I got into this in the first place," Buckingham says. "You see people who do. Unlike some times in the past, I'm appreciative of being in Fleetwood Mac and the whole road we've been down together."
Old 03-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

(More discussion of recording, and a larger version of the new publicity photo.)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...music/6841509/

Christine McVie rejoins Fleetwood Mac

SANTA MONICA, Calif. — "It's like she never left," Lindsey Buckingham says about Christine McVie's return to Fleetwood Mac, the band that sold 45 million copies of 1977's Rumours and spawned almost that many rumors during its tumultuous 47-year run.

Here are the facts: After leaving the band in 1998, singer/keyboardist McVie has rejoined, completing Mac's most popular, successful and creative incarnation.

A world tour is in the works, with U.S. dates starting Sept. 29 in Minneapolis, 17 years after this lineup last hit the road. Tickets go on sale April 4. McVie and Buckingham have been crafting songs for a new album. The last studio release to feature full participation from all five Macsters was 1987's Tango in the Night.

"We've only been in the studio a week, and it's been really beautiful," says Buckingham, 64. "I have very high hopes for all of this. It took getting into the studio before we started to see things unfold in an effective and comfortable way. Christine was not sure how her voice was going to be. It will be a little bit of a slow process with her piano chops. But all the stuff inside her is still intact, and she's getting in touch with a process that's been lying dormant for a while."

During her 15-year retreat, "there were times I didn't touch a piano for months," says McVie, 70. "There were dry spells, but I'm not worried about it. The chemistry is great. Obviously, I've got to relearn all those songs to get my muscle memory working."

Drummer Mick Fleetwood, 66, says McVie's muse and skill required a simple kick-start.

"In the past, Chris would get into the creative mood when we were actually going to do something," he says. "It hasn't gone away. It was waiting to be accessed and just needed to be switched on.

"Chris has been in a very different world for years, but things that were daunting for her are going away," Fleetwood says. "We're recording at The Village (in Los Angeles), where we made Tusk, and it's like nothing ever changed."

The band has remained a formidable draw during McVie's absence, ranking 10th last year in Billboard's moneymakers tally with earnings of $19.1 million. Her homecoming is stoking Mac fever.

"I know it's huge and people are thrilled," Fleetwood says. "There's a whole litany of songs we haven't done live in 20 years. If I were a fan, which I am, I'd have a lot to look forward to."

That includes the return of bassist John McVie, whose cancer​ diagnosis in October forced the band to scrap dates on last year's world tour.

"He's threatening to come into the studio any day," says ex-wife Christine.

Fleetwood adds, "His prognosis is good. He's such a dude, so not like me, not a drama queen. 'I'm ready,' he says. So much grace and no huff and puff."

The timetable for new singles and an album depends in part on when Stevie Nicks rejoins her bandmates in the studio, Buckingham says.

"Stevie's been not sure how she wants to approach recording or when," he says. "Mick, John and I have cut great stuff with (producer) Mitchell Froom and now I'm producing Christine's stuff.

"The next album will be a mix of things. We've done some strange things with one of Christine's songs already. It's going to sound like Fleetwood Mac but not overly retro. It's not that we're making any bold effort to sound like somebody else. Some of what we've done in the past has reference points that have come back, and what might have seemed retro is more relevant in today's market."

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 03-27-2014 at 08:34 AM..
Old 03-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

(Press release....)

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-...27-908393.html

On With The Show - Fleetwood Mac Is Back...in Full...

CHRISTINE MCVIE RETURNS TO FLEETWOOD MAC AS BAND ANNOUNCES ON WITH THE SHOW 33-CITY NORTH AMERICAN TOUR, OPENING IN MINNEAPOLIS ON SEPT. 30

- All Five Fleetwood Mac Members on the Road for the First Time in 16 Years -

- Tickets on Sale Monday, April 7 through the Live Nation Mobile App and at LiveNation.com -

LOS ANGELES, March 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- It's official! After a 16-year absence, Christine McVie will be re-joining Fleetwood Mac band mates Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks as they launch the On With The Show Tour. Exclusively promoted by Live Nation, the tour will kick off on Tuesday, Sept. 30 in Minneapolis, Minn. at the Target Center and the reunited band will perform 34 shows in 33 cities across North America. Christine has not toured with the band since 1998's The Dance Tour.

The reunion of the multi-GRAMMY Award(R)-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees and one of rock's most beloved bands was announced during an interview from Los Angeles, Calif. with Carson Daly on NBC's TODAY this morning. A full tour schedule follows this release.

American Express(R) Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Monday, March 31 at 10:00 a.m. through Sunday, April 6 at 10:00 p.m. Tickets go on sale beginning Monday, April 7 through the Live Nation mobile app and at www.livenation.com.

During Fleetwood Mac's 2013 tour, the four members happily welcomed Christine back on the stage during their show at London's O2 Arena, where she performed their classic "Don't Stop" and received a wild ovation from the crowd. "It was so comfortable being back onstage with them as if no time had passed, and then we all started talking and it feels like the time is right. I'm really happy," she commented. "As far as we're concerned, she's never really left. We are overjoyed to have Christine back on stage with us," said the other members of Fleetwood Mac in a joint statement.

Fleetwood Mac is also scheduled to appear on TODAY's Summer Concert Series on the Plaza At Rockefeller Center on Oct. 9.

Please check www.fleetwoodmac.com for the latest information on the band, tour and ticketing.

On With The Show Tour Dates:

*all dates, venues and cities below subject to change.

Tuesday, Sept. 30 Minneapolis, MN Target Center
Thursday, Oct. 02 Chicago, IL United Center
Monday, Oct. 06 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Friday, Oct. 10 Boston, MA TD Garden
Saturday, Oct. 11 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
Tuesday, Oct. 14 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center
Wednesday, Oct. 15 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
Saturday, Oct. 18 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Sunday, Oct. 19 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena
Tuesday, Oct. 21 Indianapolis, IN Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Wednesday, Oct. 22 Detroit, MI The Palace of Auburn Hills
Sunday, Oct. 26 Ottawa, ON Canadian Tire Centre
Friday, Oct. 31 Washington, DC Verizon Center
Saturday, Nov. 01 Hartford, CT XL Center
Monday, Nov. 10 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
Wednesday, Nov. 12 Saskatoon, SK Credit Union Centre
Friday, Nov. 14 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
Saturday, Nov. 15 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Tuesday, Nov. 18 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Thursday, Nov. 20 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
Saturday, Nov. 22 Portland, OR Moda Center
Monday, Nov. 24 Sacramento, CA Sleep Train Arena
Tuesday, Nov. 25 San Jose, CA SAP Center at San Jose
Friday, Nov. 28 Los Angeles, CA The Forum
Saturday, Nov. 29 Los Angeles, CA The Forum
Tuesday, Dec. 02 San Diego, CA Viejas Arena at San Diego State
University
Wednesday, Dec. 03 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
Wednesday, Dec. 10 Phoenix, AZ US Airways Center
Friday, Dec. 12 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
Sunday, Dec. 14 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
Monday, Dec. 15 Houston, TX Toyota Center
Wednesday, Dec. 17 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
Friday, Dec. 19 Ft. Lauderdale, FL BB&T Center
Saturday, Dec. 20 Tampa, FL Tampa Bay Times Forum

About Live Nation Entertainment

Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation Management and Live Nation Media/Sponsorship. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.

Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140327/LA92065

SOURCE Live Nation Entertainment

/CONTACT: For Fleetwood Mac - Liz Rosenberg, liz@lizrosenbergmedia.com, OR Karen Moss, karenmoss@lizrosenbergmedia.com, OR For Live Nation - Victor Trevino, victortrevino@livenation.com

/Web site: http://www.livenation.com/investors

/Web site: http://www.livenationentertainment.com
Old 03-27-2014, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love that christine is back I only saw two tours with her the behind the mask tour and the dance tour. I hope that we get new merchandise like a new tourbook.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Interesting... so Mick & Christine are renting a house together. How cute is that?! Oh, to be a fly on those walls... the stories being retold.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So Lindsey is producing Christine's songs, but Stevie hasn't even committed to recording yet. I wonder if Stevie's just trying to write & prepare some new material, or what?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
(This one mentions that new songs are being recorded.)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...istry/6842143/

McVie missed Fleetwood Mac's 'tight chemistry'
The reunion of the classic lineup is "profound," says Lindsey Buckingham.
Fleetwood Mac

SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Looking back on her 1998 exit from Fleetwood Mac, Christine McVie recalls how considerate and obliging her bandmates were, particularly Stevie Nicks.

A few years later, "Stevie offered me $5 million to come back," McVie says. "She was begging me, 'Don't leave me in this wilderness.' "

As it turned out, McVie's 15-year exile left her feeling a bit lost in the wilderness, leading to this year's surprise reunion of the classic lineup that lit up the charts with Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, Go Your Own Way, Dreams, Think About Me, You Make Loving Fun, Don't Stop, Tusk and Hold Me.

A tour is booked, new songs are being recorded, and "we all have great affection for each other," McVie says.

Bad blood played no role in McVie's departure. She was road weary after 28 years of "being one of the guys, raised in taverns and pubs with smoking, beer-drinking men."

"It was purely that, nothing personal," she says. "I was tired of living out of a suitcase. I wanted to be settled. I had decided to move from L.A. to England in 1990 but didn't go there until after the earthquake in 1994. I basically wanted to be the country lady in the Range Rover baking cookies for the local charity. But I was missing something. I idealized a life that didn't exist."

She gardened at her 17th-century mansion in Kent and recorded 2004's In the Meantime in a converted barn with her nephew.

"My solo records never felt the same," she says. "It just wasn't Fleetwood Mac and that tight chemistry."

In early 2013, she bumped into drummer Mick Fleetwood and "scratched at the door," he says.

Grounded for 15 years by her fear of flying, McVie agreed to fly with Fleetwood to Maui, where he lives, and perform in his blues band with John McVie. In September, she played Don't Stop with Fleetwood Mac at two shows in London.

"It became more than 'What if?' and we were all thrilled about the possibility," says Fleetwood.

Conference calls confirmed unanimous approval of her return, though concerns bubbled up.

"She burned a bridge by leaving, and we redefined what we were doing and carried on in a pretty effective way," says Lindsey Buckingham. "My main concern was that she understand that she had to stay. You can't do a one-off lark and head back to England and leave us hanging.

"Once there was clarity that she was in a good place and understood what coming back meant for the delegation of her time and energy, we all felt this was something poetic and profound.

"There's such a back story around the five of us," he says. "In many ways, the last 15 years have been the best of my life. In the early days of Fleetwood Mac, as successful and exciting as they were, we were not particularly stable, clear-headed or emotionally fulfilled."

Fleetwood and McVie have rented a 1932 Mediterranean-style grand estate built on the slope of Santa Monica Canyon. Its glorious gardens, beamed ceilings, art deco tiles and antique gates reflect a fabled history of wealth, drama, notoriety and romance, an apt metaphor for the Mac story.

With its steep rise in the '70s, the band lapsed into drug use and faced personal crises: Buckingham and Nicks split, the McVies divorced, Fleetwood's marriage ended.

"Having taken this story line, there's a lot to be grateful for now," says Fleetwood, sipping coffee in a sun-filled parlor of the 9,000-square-foot mansion. "Our conversations are all about this being a celebration. That's the mantra."

Topping his wish list is "new music coming out of these hugely talented songwriters," he says. "Me and John (Mac's non-writers) can't do much without other people. Our song is the band, and I want to keep writing that song."

McVie, lean with shoulder-length blond hair, sits nearby (scandal interception: the living arrangements are platonic).

"Everybody was so warm and friendly and welcoming," she says of the re-entry. "Lindsey said, 'Be sure it's what you really want.' The fear of starting up again went away."

McVie's chief worry? Finding proper caretakers for her house and two 15-year-old dogs. Once tour prep starts in July, she won't see them until 2015. She may Skype, "but then I'll be even more broken up."

The upcoming world tour, with multiple stops in some markets, won't be as grueling as past outings that drove McVie to an early retirement.

"We're being sensible about not overcooking the tour schedule," Fleetwood says. "I'm not comfortable doing five gigs a week. You get burned out. It would be stupid."

And the band's healthier habits should ease road stress, too.

"I don't drink like a fish anymore," Fleetwood says. "At 7 every morning, Chris and I are out on the lawn working out."

McVie says, "I need to be fit for this tour. I've never worked out in my life. This is the first time I've had a trainer or gone to the gym. I'm 70 and I need to be 45 again."

Fleetwood feigns shock and blurts, "You're 70, Chris? Oh, I've got to rethink this!"

Turning serious, he addresses Mac's future. "We're not drawing a 15-year blueprint," he says. "We're in real time. We've spoken about the next couple of years."

He adds brightly, "We are playing better than ever. It's just a fact. So there you go."

Buckingham sees cause for optimism.

"We're behaving ourselves a lot more," he says. "We're not doing the intense schedules we used to do. The lifestyle can be rigorous and even lonely. But Christine realized there may have been equivalent rigors to not being connected to a sense of purpose.

"I have yet to forget why I got into this in the first place," Buckingham says. "You see people who do. Unlike some times in the past, I'm appreciative of being in Fleetwood Mac and the whole road we've been down together."
Lol @ Lindsey saying yet again that Christine burned a bridge! He also seems to have conveniently forgotten that he once left the band hanging...getting together with the band to make an album after their longest period of inactivity at that time, then walking out at the last minute just before the Tango tour.

Anyway, very excited about this tour! Hope they visit Sydney! Great to have Christine back and even if I don't make it to one of the live shows, I can't wait to hear some new material from the five of them. I did read that Stevie's not in the studio yet (neither is John) but it's still early days. This is shaping up to be something great.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
So Lindsey is producing Christine's songs, but Stevie hasn't even committed to recording yet. I wonder if Stevie's just trying to write & prepare some new material, or what?
That would be my guess. She might also be trying to decide if she wants to record in her house or The Village, and whether she'll have Lindsey produce her material himself or with someone.

Notice that Lindsey only said Stevie's studio involvement was a matter of "when" -- there was no "if" there. So hopefully fans won't go into panic-mode. (And, really, there's no reason for her to be in the studio with them right now. Christine is working through any residual rustiness and the band is in the "song-crafting" stage. Stevie's not needed for that.)

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 03-27-2014 at 08:52 AM..
Old 03-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A little over a year ago, Stevie Nicks told Rolling Stone there was "more of a chance of an asteroid hitting the Earth" than Christine McVie returning to Fleetwood Mac. Well, it might be time to prepare for armageddon because the Mac's keyboardist and singer - who quit the band in 1998 after a three-decade stint in the group - is returning for a world tour beginning this September and a possible new album.

Q&A: Christine McVie Can't Wait for Fleetwood Mac World Tour

The tour will kick off on Tuesday, Sept. 30 in Minneapolis, Minn. at the Target Center, with the band performing 34 shows in 33 cities across North America. American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Monday, March 31 at 10 a.m. through Sunday, April 6 at 10 p.m. Tickets go on sale beginning Monday, April 7 through the Live Nation mobile app and Live Nation's at website.

McVie says that her decision to leave the band was very simple. "I had some deluded idea that I wanted to live the 'country lady' life," she tells Rolling Stone. "But I went through a divorce and I felt isolated in the country. I grew quite ill and depressed." McVie realized the best way to fix her life was to rejoin Fleewood Mac, though Lindsey Buckingham admits he had some reservations when he first heard she wanted back in. "I wanted to make sure she grasped the weight of would it would entail," he says. "She also had to understand that if she was coming back that, basically, she has to stay. She wants to do it."

With McVie back in the band, the group will be able to perform songs like "Little Lies," "You Make Loving Fun," "Everywhere" and many other songs they haven't been able to play in nearly 20 years. "Being back is really a time warp," she says. "The tour is going to be great fun. I feel like a pig in poo right now."

Fleetwood Mac toured last year without Christine, though they had to stop short after bassist John McVie's cancer diagnosis. "His health is on the up," says Christine. "He's still doing chemotherapy. He just came in to do his bass parts, so everyone is real excited about that. He gets tired quickly, but he's definitely been on the mend. He's been such a man about this whole thing. I have renewed respect and love for him." McVie reunited with the band last year to perform "Don't Stop" in London.

The group spent time in mid-March working on new songs, though they don't plan on releasing anything until after the world tour. They have yet to sketch out an exact setlist, though Buckingham has a good idea of what they'll play. "It won't be too hard to figure out," he says. "Stevie and I both have songs we pretty much have to play. When you add in Christine's hits, you pretty much have a set, though that's not to say there won't be a few little surprises around the edges."

Fleetwood Mac On With the Show Tour Dates

9/30 Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
10/2 Chicago, IL - United Center
10/6 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
10/10 Boston, MA - TD Garden
10/11 Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
10/14 Pittsburgh, PA - Consol Energy Center
10/15 Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
10/18 Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
10/19 Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
10/21 Indianapolis, IN - Bankers Life Fieldhouse
10/22 Auburn Hills, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills
10/26 Ottawa, ON - Canadian Tire Centre
10/31 Washington, DC - Verizon Center
11/1 Hartford, CT - XL Center
11/10 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
11/12 Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre
11/14 Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
11/15 Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
11/18 Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
11/20 Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
11/22 Portland, OR - Moda Center
11/24 Sacramento, CA - Sleep Train Arena
11/25 San Jose, CA - SAP Center
11/28 Inglewood, CA - The Forum
11/29 Inglewood, CA - The Forum
12/2 San Diego, CA - Viejas Arena
12/3 Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena
12/10 Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
12/12 Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
12/14 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
12/15 Houston, TX - Toyota Center
12/17 Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
12/19 Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
12/20 Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2xAfxNjUU
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Old 03-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
That would be my guess. She might also be trying to decide if she wants to record in her house or The Village, and whether she'll have Lindsey produce her material himself or with someone.

Notice that Lindsey only said Stevie's studio involvement was a matter of "when" -- there was no "if" there. So hopefully fans won't go into panic-mode. (And, really, there's no reason for her to be in the studio with them right now. Christine is working through any residual rustiness and the band is in the "song-crafting" stage. Stevie's not needed for that.)
What concerns me is that there has been no talk of Stevie giving the band any demos to tinker with or anything. Sounds like Lindsey's songs are completely done- now they're noodling with Christine's. It just seems like it'd be beneficial for Stevie to give them something to work with while they're in this early crafting stage, you know?

Plus, I just thought Stevie would want to be more involved this time, I guess. Seems she'd want to be there for the return of Chris, if nothing else. All of this is just reminiscent of the way Tango was recorded- Lindsey's songs were basically done alone; Christine's came later; then Stevie's were hurriedly tacked on at the end. Tango was a stellar album, don't get me wrong- but I guess I was hoping for Stevie to be a bit more involved this time.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 03-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Pig in poo!!

"The tour is going to be great fun. I feel like a pig in poo right now."

Fleetwood Mac toured last year without Christine, though they had to stop short after bassist John McVie's cancer diagnosis. "His health is on the up," says Christine. "He's still doing chemotherapy. He just came in to do his bass parts, so everyone is real excited about that. He gets tired quickly, but he's definitely been on the mend. He's been such a man about this whole thing. I have renewed respect and love for him."

Aww. SOO glad to hear about John's health as we are going through this cancer crap with my mom. Cancer can go bite the big one!

The group spent time in mid-March working on new songs, though they don't plan on releasing anything until after the world tour. They have yet to sketch out an exact setlist, though Buckingham has a good idea of what they'll play. "It won't be too hard to figure out," he says. "Stevie and I both have songs we pretty much have to play. When you add in Christine's hits, you pretty much have a set, though that's not to say there won't be a few little surprises around the edges."

Wondering if they plan on doing any of these new songs during the tour?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
What concerns me is that there has been no talk of Stevie giving the band any demos to tinker with or anything. Sounds like Lindsey's songs are completely done- now they're noodling with Christine's. It just seems like it'd be beneficial for Stevie to give them something to work with while they're in this early crafting stage, you know?

Plus, I just thought Stevie would want to be more involved this time, I guess. Seems she'd want to be there for the return of Chris, if nothing else. All of this is just reminiscent of the way Tango was recorded- Lindsey's songs were basically done alone; Christine's came later; then Stevie's were hurriedly tacked on at the end. Tango was a stellar album, don't get me wrong- but I guess I was hoping for Stevie to be a bit more involved this time.
I think Stevie will drop in while they're working on Christine's songs, but will only stay when it comes time to work on her own and to record harmony vocals with Christine and Lindsey for their songs. And, really, that's all she's needed for. Otherwise, she'll be sitting around twiddling her thumbs while Chris & Linds work.

As for Stevie's songs... I'm thinking maybe Stevie might have some stuff that's much more fleshed-out that she intends to offer, and wouldn't require Lindsey to build from the ground-up. Maybe some material that's been recorded in the past (e.g. "If You Were My Love") or that she's already worked out an arrangement for with Dave Stewart.