Addicted Ledgie

This is a most entertaining thread.

Perhaps Ken's new relationship with Christine is
the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Richard said that they’ve pretty much abandoned him. He would work for Lindsey three years straight without getting a check. He just took advantage of him.
I personally witnessed Lindsey tell
him time and time again...

I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Lindsey was receptive to Stevie's idea to go to Paris during Unleashed. In fact, he garnered a big compliment from Stevie that he was being his "very lovely self" and said "Ok, we'll got to Paris." He had to know it was her idea since she had been adamant enough to say she was going to Paris if she had to go by herself and sing on the street corner. She must have got him on a really good day.
Yeah, well. Paris is one thing, but you don't see a BN remaster do you? That's because both of them thinks the other wants it.

Michele
Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So if Mick isn't in charge, who is? I hope that they make plans to do whatever they want, either with their solo things, or the group thing, But I don't like hearing that their pissed at one another, or angry. I thought Lindsey and Stevie were in a happy place, mutual admiration society again. Keep the love the music will come in time.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
So if Mick isn't in charge, who is?
Whose your favorite singer?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
.I thought Lindsey and Stevie were in a happy place, mutual admiration society again. Keep the love the music will come in time.
They may say that but a decades long history dictates that it won't last 15 minutes if and when they begin actively working together again.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
"Were the band members asked to participate?
I got a call back from the management, and he said, “Lindsey might write his own book, so he has asked the band not to support you and the book.”
Whomever has to edit that thing is going to have a Herculean task on their hands.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I found Ken's change of tune regarding Chris to be rather intriguing. He was just saying less than a year ago how cold & even strange Christine has become- how he wasn't allowed in the room when her dogs were eating, stuff like that. I wonder why Christine is suddenly the saint, while the rest of the band are evil?
I find it intriguing he says the rest of the band have basically blown him off. They don't take his calls. He can't get tickets. Then he turns around and says Stevie talked to him about making her latest album.

How did her obnoxious handlers ever let that happen?
Old 03-30-2012, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So if Mick isn't in charge, who is?
Their lawyers...

Most likely, Stevie's. Face it,, they all have to bow to her wishes....
Old 03-30-2012, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
I find it intriguing he says the rest of the band have basically blown him off. They don't take his calls. He can't get tickets. Then he turns around and says Stevie talked to him about making her latest album.
He was probably referring to TISL.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, well. Paris is one thing, but you don't see a BN remaster do you? That's because both of them thinks the other wants it.

Michele
Yet....

But, I don't think that's the real reason anyway.

I was a bit shocked at Richard saying Lindsey had not even talked to him about his kids. That's surprising.

Last edited by CADreaming; 03-30-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Old 03-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Their lawyers...

Most likely, Stevie's. Face it,, they all have to bow to her wishes....
It's kinda fitting... the band did not take her seriously one iota back in the day, but now she's the one wielding all the power. Karma's a b*tch.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post

How did her obnoxious handlers ever let that happen?
Didn't he only recently give Lindsey a glowing dedication at the Les Paul awards ceremony? You'd think he'd be reluctant to do so if it were as simple as he paints it. As some have said, I'm getting a lot of sour grapes. But...I like to believe that there are two sides to every story. So I'm keeping my mind firmly open...
Old 03-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I found Ken's change of tune regarding Chris to be rather intriguing. He was just saying less than a year ago how cold & even strange Christine has become- how he wasn't allowed in the room when her dogs were eating, stuff like that. I wonder why Christine is suddenly the saint, while the rest of the band are evil?
Me too. Although, no one's allowed in the room where my dog is eating Probably because, by the sounds of this, she's the only one who's been a lady about it. I truthfully believe that the other three are still just behaving like children. They've been doing it for the past 30-odd years, they're not going to change now. All the while John will be either sat with his head in his hands or laughing it up on a boat somewhere. Nothing's ever going to get done properly - or, should I say, easily - while Mick, Liddy and especially Stevie are all alive/still consider themselves a part of the band because they can't function without the drama. God I love them but I couldn't live with any of them.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr

Last edited by ButterCookie; 03-30-2012 at 07:29 AM..
Old 03-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
He was probably referring to TISL.
No, I think he was referring to IYD. If you recall, sometime around October of 2010, Stevie and Dave were back at the Village Recorders for a couple of weeks to lay down the drum tracks. All of the other tracks were recorded at Stevie's house, so I suspect Ken was exaggerating when he said that the entire album had to be recorded in two weeks.

One of the things that makes Fleetwood Mac interesting is the politics. They occasionally like to talk sh** about each other in the press, but at the end of the day, they circle the wagons very tightly around each other- the fab five. Fleetwood Mac the band comes first, and everyone else on the periphery of the Fleetwood Mac universe, including Ken Caillat and Judy Wong, is expendable. This explains why, after all of the years of estrangement, Christine still puts the interests of Fleetwood Mac ahead of everything else. Nobody tells Fleetwood Mac what to do. They get around to working when they want to and they make decisions democratically. Stevie, Lindsey, Christine, John and Mick know better than to upset the tenuous balance they have with each other, even to this day.

I suspect that last year, when Ken spoke so glowingly about Lindsey at the TEC awards, he was probably still optimistic that he could twist Lindsey's arm into sitting down for an interview. In a way, I'm kinda glad Lindsey refused. If Lindsey actively participated in Ken's book, I suspect it would have been a puff piece extolling the virtues of Lindsey rather than a decidedly unflattering magnifying glass onto the band, which would have made it a less interesting read. Also, Lindsey tends to recycle the same spiel over and over again in print articles, so why would this have been any different? Is there a reason to believe that Lindsey, the heavily fortified mental fortress that he is, would have offered any tantalizing new morsels of info? I suspect not. And given the sh**storm that brewed after Mick's book, I suspect everyone else would have been similarly guarded. They've all learned their lessons about loyalty and trust. "Do not break the chain" resonates more today than it ever has in the past.