The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WHY have I only just discovered Joni Mitchell.. properly anyway I always knew who she was and a few songs. She writes the prettiest songs. I think I am in love.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Holy crap.4,000 posts on April 23.2012 at 4:20pm.I guess I talk to much.LOL......

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS I played a journalist in a film today ooooh

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Had someone...

who knows my ex-girlfriend inform me that my ex-girlfriend Vanessa thought that I had posted photos and info about her online at craigslist's personal ad's - so I am very annoyed and pissed that she (and her family) would assume that I am that low of a soul to do that...Utter crappola!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 04-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ask me questions and I'll give you answers.
http://ask.fm/VivFox
Old 04-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS...

That work is like consuming my life lol I feel like I have no ME TIME! or barely any time with Ashley....

Also,today at work I got hit on by a 48 yr old guy LOL Too funny...

Oh and I also got a haircut today =)

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So at my part-time retail job, a full-time position has become open. I interviewed for it today and she said she'd let me know in a few days. Accepting this job, assuming the pay at least matches my main job, would mean leaving my main job, where I've been at for almost nine years. Things at my main job are getting bad. Over the past two weeks a major responsibility was taken away from me, along with my hours being cut, again.

I'm really nervous/tense about this whole thing wondering if I'm making the right decision. Of course nothing is definite and I'll be okay if I don't get it. Sometimes I wish I was kid again without a care in the world...
Old 04-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I met my birth parents this weekend. They've been married since 1977 and have three more adult children. I've been developing a relationship with everyone for the past ten weeks, but this was the first meeting.

My aunt/godmother arranged the adoption. My adopted mom was her best friend and my birth mother was her little sister (13 years between them). Up until the age of six, I had two aunts and four cousins that were like family to me. It was wonderful learning that they really were.

This has been one of the deepest, most moving, and happiest experiences of my life.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
I also got a haircut today
Caitlin, your haircut looks terrific and I also love your moon pendant.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Caitlin, your haircut looks terrific and I also love your moon pendant.
Thanks Mark =D

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 04-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
So at my part-time retail job, a full-time position has become open. I interviewed for it today and she said she'd let me know in a few days. Accepting this job, assuming the pay at least matches my main job, would mean leaving my main job, where I've been at for almost nine years. Things at my main job are getting bad. Over the past two weeks a major responsibility was taken away from me, along with my hours being cut, again.

I'm really nervous/tense about this whole thing wondering if I'm making the right decision. Of course nothing is definite and I'll be okay if I don't get it. Sometimes I wish I was kid again without a care in the world...
I hope everything turns out for the best!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I met my birth parents this weekend. They've been married since 1977 and have three more adult children. I've been developing a relationship with everyone for the past ten weeks, but this was the first meeting.

My aunt/godmother arranged the adoption. My adopted mom was her best friend and my birth mother was her little sister (13 years between them). Up until the age of six, I had two aunts and four cousins that were like family to me. It was wonderful learning that they really were.

This has been one of the deepest, most moving, and happiest experiences of my life.
So happy that you had a good experience! I'm sure that this is a huge change in your life and that it was probably a little scary getting in contact and not knowing how it would turn out.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Steve, I met my birth family, 20 years ago. Being adopted, I always had a very hard time....wondering "who" was out there. My adoption was an "inside job" also, with both of my Mom's being friends(my Mom was barren, and the birth Mom unwed, and pregnant with her 3rd child[me], so an arrangement was made). But I was never told that they knew who the birth family was, until I was 20. And then, only when I told my Mom that I had secretly tried to get the records opened...

So I've got 2 brothers and a sister, and the birth Mom, and I'm reasonably close to them. I see the Mom at least once a year(they live 1000 miles away), and I ~was~ close to my older brother, although we've drifted apart...

So although I HATED being an only child, the entire birth family has told me(I mostly mean aunts, uncles, cousins....) that getting adopted, was the best thing that ever happened to me(it's funny, the Mom is great, but my 3 siblings ALL have issues).

But just finally KNOWING, was extremely freeing for me.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
So happy that you had a good experience! I'm sure that this is a huge change in your life and that it was probably a little scary getting in contact and not knowing how it would turn out.
Having known the extended family as a child helped. I mean, they were very, very special to me. I loved them like they were family. Mom's falling out with my godmother/aunt was more hurtful to me than the divorce! Also, my mom informed me that my natural parents had been following what I had been doing throughout my life, so I knew they were interested. The scary part was just knowing what to say. As it happened, I found out about two weeks before my natural father's birthday, so that gave me a natural conversation starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But just finally KNOWING, was extremely freeing for me.
Exactly.

The funny thing for me is that my mom told me at lunch, and I had had about six or seven cups of coffee (I'm not a coffee drinker). After lunch, I had to fill out pre-employment paperwork.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So is Facebook screwed up for anyone else?

I just restarted my computer, and Firefox did some updates...

Now, my Facebook bookmark brings up a white page, with ONLY "Welcome to NGINX" on it. I even search Facebook.com, and it brings up the same page.

Is it just me???