Old 04-28-2018, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think if there's a BuckVie 2, it will have a different back up band
Old 04-28-2018, 11:26 AM
NotonRodeo
This message has been deleted by NotonRodeo. Reason: Tired of Stevie's lies
Old 04-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m listening to the interview right now and Stevie will NOT stop talking!
Old 04-28-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
I think if there's a BuckVie 2, it will have a different back up band
Not really. I can see it now:

“Well Chris and I were recording an album and we called up Mick and John since they worked on our last one and I had also asked Stevie to drop by to do some harmony in one of my songs and then we were all in the studio and it was like ‘doesn’t this feel good?’ That’s what lead to the reconvening of these five people!”

- Lindsey Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac Farewell Tour 2022

My hope is that they are all healthy and able to tour for the next 5 or so years. If so, based on their history and the gobs of money it would make for the five of them to do a farewell tour, I definitely see it happening. But who knows, maybe Lindsey is truly done with it all.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Not really. I can see it now:

“Well Chris and I were recording an album and we called up Mick and John since they worked on our last one and I had also asked Stevie to drop by to do some harmony in one of my songs and then we were all in the studio and it was like ‘doesn’t this feel good?’ That’s what lead to the reconvening of these five people!”

- Lindsey Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac Farewell Tour 2022

My hope is that they are all healthy and able to tour for the next 5 or so years. If so, based on their history and the gobs of money it would make for the five of them to do a farewell tour, I definitely see it happening. But who knows, maybe Lindsey is truly done with it all.
The problem is that Chris will be 79 years old in 2022. It's not impossible but I just can't see it. Reconvening in 1997 was a lot easier than it would be in 2020, 2022... And after the way he was treated this time, he would be a fool to put himself back in that situation in his 70's. Unless he needs money but I suspect the Buck is doing alright on that front.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
The problem is that Chris will be 79 years old in 2022. It's not impossible but I just can't see it. Reconvening in 1997 was a lot easier than it would be in 2020, 2022... And after the way he was treated this time, he would be a fool to put himself back in that situation in his 70's. Unless he needs money but I suspect the Buck is doing alright on that front.
This is why this doesn’t ring true for me as a publicity stunt. Especially after all the friends and peers the band has lost recently, why would any of them take that chance. Sure, they could reunite in a few years, but this time it might be at someone’s funeral! And then they’ll really never be able to tour together again.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
This is why this doesn’t ring true for me as a publicity stunt. Especially after all the friends and peers the band has lost recently, why would any of them take that chance. Sure, they could reunite in a few years, but this time it might be at someone’s funeral! And then they’ll really never be able to tour together again.
It is not a publicity stunt. Stevie wanted him gone and wanted Mike in .Mick is greedy so he abetted her in this .I think it is pretty much that simple.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Listening to the Sirius thing, Mick says again they "literally hit a brick wall"... and you can never be sure if Mick means the words he says, but 'literally' means someone actually hit a wall. So if he is using the word deliberately (which I'm not sure of) then I'm wondering if in the ugly event at Musicares involved someone, LB?, actually punching a wall or something.

He also dances around the issue, the interviewer pushes them to explain, ok so are you saying it was the scheduling thing that led to this? This is due to scheduling? He asks it several times, several ways. And Mick hems and haws and says, well... it became an unacceptable situation or something close to that... which suggests there was more, i.e., whatever the fight was the night of Musicares, and Stevie saying she can't work with him again.

MY GOD Stevie yaps over EVERYBODY.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Listening to the Sirius thing, Mick says again they "literally hit a brick wall"... and you can never be sure if Mick means the words he says, but 'literally' means someone actually hit a wall. So if he is using the word deliberately (which I'm not sure of) then I'm wondering if in the ugly event at Musicares involved someone, LB?, actually punching a wall or something.

He also dances around the issue, the interviewer pushes them to explain, ok so are you saying it was the scheduling thing that led to this? This is due to scheduling? He asks it several times, several ways. And Mick hems and haws and says, well... it became an unacceptable situation or something close to that... which suggests there was more, i.e., whatever the fight was the night of Musicares, and Stevie saying she can't work with him again.

Just what I was thinking about 1/2 hour ago - maybe something really ugly happened, and someone got punched - Mick? And that was it, the end of the classic 5. And it's something that none of them would want to talk about.
Who knows? Anything is possible with this group. Might as well add this rumour to all the others.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I can’t listen to the interview right now, does she actually say she can’t work with him again?
The 2019 story doesn’t make sense to me, in interviews for Buck McVie, both of them said they were hitting the road with FM in 2018
Old 04-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Registered

Quote:

Stevie talking over everybody? Surprise

I doubt he or the band hit a brick wall literally, "literally" being a word that is very often misused.

I would rather believe given the personalities of the people involved that the immediate cause of the firing was the fight over Kare* during MusiCares rather than the scheduling of the tour, but that's just my imagination

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 04-28-2018 at 01:38 PM..
Old 04-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
It is not a publicity stunt. Stevie wanted him gone and wanted Mike in .Mick is greedy so he abetted her in this .I think it is pretty much that simple.
yup. after watching and listening to these interviews, this comes through loud and clear.

one of the recent times - of many! - when Stevie delayed FM tour, Mick went to Playboy and said FM is over. LB went on the road and had a hugely successful acoustic tour.

even if you believe the lies they are trying to sell, you'd think - wtf? if he wanted to delay the tour why either of the options above was not considered for him when it was for her?

why in your 70s instead of exiting gracefully you FORCE tthat you just HAVE TO do a cash grabbing tour? doesn't Mick play all those songs that he's now raving as never played all. the. time with his MBB band? Christine would have been happy to tour with him and play some blues, as she did at some of his Maui gigs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"