User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
With Christine back in the picture and Mike Campbell a free agent again? No brainer, right?
The moment she wiped the last tear after Petty's death, she composed herself and called Campbell to let him know her plans
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
in his biography, Mick gets to present a picture of himself that he wants to - it may not necessarily be true.

in fact, after last year i tend to doubt any info we ever got from Mick. if he's lying this hard when sober in his 70s, how much untruths did he tell when he was high and out of it?
I recall that when asked about Peter and Brown Eyes, Lindsey said something like he knows for sure that if Peter recorded that Mick would have given him credit. It was as if Lindsey trusted Mick, not to dishonor Peter (and, presumably, other past members).
Old 07-11-2019, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
This is what I don't get. Reading his autobiography, we learn that Mick has always liked to help give ex-members a hand in their careers. He tried to help Green, Spencer, Welch, etc. What changed?
What I don’t get from Mick is all this sudden animosity against Lindsey. Where all this comes from?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-11-2019, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I recall that when asked about Peter and Brown Eyes, Lindsey said something like he knows for sure that if Peter recorded that Mick would have given him credit. It was as if Lindsey trusted Mick, not to dishonor Peter (and, presumably, other past members).
isn't Peter now credited on alternate Tusk version of Brown Eyes? guess Lindsey's foolishness in having too much trust in Mick has come back to bite him, over and over in the last year and a half.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-11-2019, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

mick also flipped his point of view about say you will being a double album, halfway through the process. Judging by what we saw on the destiny rules doc, yet again it was stevie's camp counting the beans and realizing less money would be made with a double album. Then she got Mick's ear and it was all over. Mick has always been an a$$.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Christine will call it a day after this tour..

Then Stevie can call the band “Stevie Nick’s Fleetwood Mac”
Featuring Mick Fleetwood and John Mcvie..

Full circle back to the early days of Peter Green.....
Old 07-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What I don't get is why journalists keep asking Mick if there's a chance of any Kind of reunión. Why are they assuming Lindsey would ever want to go back to work with these backstabbers?
Lindsey stated he's not missing working with them. He didn't like how things ended because the legacy was tainted, but he doesn't seem to want to go back.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I think Christine will call it a day after this tour..

Then Stevie can call the band “Stevie Nick’s Fleetwood Mac”
Featuring Mick Fleetwood and John Mcvie..

Full circle back to the early days of Peter Green.....
That’s not full circle. That’s ending up at exactly the opposite end of the spectrum from what Peter would ever want or dream of for his band. That’s ending up caring about only commerce and cult of personality- everything he has been deeply and consistently against.

#vomit

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-12-2019, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
What I don’t get from Mick is all this sudden animosity against Lindsey. Where all this comes from?
Short. Blonde. Chiffonny.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know there's never gonna be an onstage reunion. But I hope someday they can all be friends again. I hate it when friends stop being friends. Its sad and it seems to happen way too often in Hollywood. Even the Andrews sisters stopped being friends and they were literal family.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
That’s not full circle. That’s ending up at exactly the opposite end of the spectrum from what Peter would ever want or dream of for his band. That’s ending up caring about only commerce and cult of personality- everything he has been deeply and consistently against.

#vomit
Er It was tongue in cheek....
Old 07-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I know there's never gonna be an onstage reunion. But I hope someday they can all be friends again. I hate it when friends stop being friends. Its sad and it seems to happen way too often in Hollywood. Even the Andrews sisters stopped being friends and they were literal family.
The way they (the band) are handling things, I doubt it will ever happen. They were never friends. You don't backstab your friends. You pick up the phone and talk. They're treating Lindsey like some kind of a criminal.

He's better off without them in his career and in his life.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
What I don't get is why journalists keep asking Mick if there's a chance of any Kind of reunión. Why are they assuming Lindsey would ever want to go back to work with these backstabbers?
Lindsey stated he's not missing working with them. He didn't like how things ended because the legacy was tainted, but he doesn't seem to want to go back.
Probably because when Anthony Mason asked him about it last year, he said he would?
Old 07-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Probably because when Anthony Mason asked him about it last year, he said he would?
Last year seems like a lifetime ago. He also said he still loved them....
Old 07-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Last year seems like a lifetime ago. He also said he still loved them....
Yeah. I agree with you. But Lindsey does so few interviews (and given his health scare earlier this year, it's no surprise right now) that this is probably all the press has to go on. Plus, I don't really blame them -- Fleetwood Mac's crazy history lends itself to questions along these lines.

I don't doubt he still loves them, despite all of this. He's shown himself to be the (MUCH) bigger person throughout this mess.