The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

An EP has half a** written all over it. I'd rather The Mac doing nothing at all than putting out a lazy attempt at an EP.

A full fledged album with a solid producer like Mitchell Froom or Rick Rubin could be the artistic statement/swan song that this dinosaur rock act has been needing. If The Mac want to truly cement their place in music history, they need to come out with a critically acclaimed album in the twilight of their career. Think:

Johnny Cash-American IV/The Man Comes Around
Bob Dylan-Time Out Of Mind
Paul Simon-Graceland
Bruce Springsteen-Magic or Wrecking Ball

There are numerous artists who've recorded groundbreaking, artistic, multi-layered and critically acclaimed albums LATE in their career. These 5 musicians are certainly talented enough to do just that. But, they must put their egos aside and get off their asses to follow through. At this stage in their career, if they want to be known as more than a jukebox band playing their "hits", it's time to get serious. If not, on with the show, so to speak.

Unfortunately, the sad truth is that more than a few members of The Mac just don't like each other very much.

The men in Fleetwood Mac now have (in some cases) young children to raise, put through college, and leave properties and trust funds to. Chris and Stevie are alone without husbands and children, so the Fleetwood Mac gig is a way of keeping them active and busy. At this point, jukebox touring and making some money seems to be "enough" for these folks.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I do not think it possible. No. I'll tell you why. Stevie, much as I love her output recent years and old albums is creativly and inspirationally bankrupt. And when she does manage to come up with a basis for a promising song she is SO stuck in her ways she can't refine or edit a song to make it Gloss and Gleam. It's her way or the highway. The extent of Cooperation and compromise she's capable of is touring. That's it.

At least LB moved on from the break up in 1976, the fight in 1987, and affair of 1997. He's consistently been a husband and father since 1998. Meanwhile Stevie is clutching desperately to following him down till the sound of her voice haunts him. It was cute for a while but reeks of desperation and Miss Havishan from Great Expectations.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
At least LB moved on from the break up in 1976, the fight in 1987, and affair of 1997...
Help me out. What is the affair of 1997 you speak of? Have I been missing something really juicy all this time?
Old 08-23-2017, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Help me out. What is the affair of 1997 you speak of? Have I been missing something really juicy all this time?
"He fell for her again,
She watched it happen
Every day, day by day
But more important
Night by night..
She watched it all
come into play
He held her hand
She listened to
what he had to say..."

"Maybe now he could prove to her
That he could be good for her
That they should be together...."

Whether they actually had a physical affair or whether it was just emotional no one knows but plenty of people have opinions about.....
Old 08-23-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
"He fell for her again,
She watched it happen
Every day, day by day
But more important
Night by night..
She watched it all
come into play
He held her hand
She listened to
what he had to say..."

"Maybe now he could prove to her
That he could be good for her
That they should be together...."

Whether they actually had a physical affair or whether it was just emotional no one knows but plenty of people have opinions about.....
Then he ran right into the arms of Christine! (10 years later)
Old 08-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Then he ran right into the arms of Christine! (10 years later)

Oh you big softie...
Xxx
Old 08-23-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Oh you big softie...
Xxx
I love that you get me. Most of the folks don't get my goofiness.
They just want to fight like the England and Ireland!
Old 08-23-2017, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love that you get me. Most of the folks don't get my goofiness.
They just want to fight like the England and Ireland!
Me too. It kills me that people think I'm mean.

Just because I'm not afraid to give an unpopular opinion.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do not think it possible. No. I'll tell you why. Stevie, much as I love her output recent years and old albums is creativly and inspirationally bankrupt. And when she does manage to come up with a basis for a promising song she is SO stuck in her ways she can't refine or edit a song to make it Gloss and Gleam. It's her way or the highway. The extent of Cooperation and compromise she's capable of is touring. That's it.

At least LB moved on from the break up in 1976, the fight in 1987, and affair of 1997. He's consistently been a husband and father since 1998. Meanwhile Stevie is clutching desperately to following him down till the sound of her voice haunts him. It was cute for a while but reeks of desperation and Miss Havishan from Great Expectations.
This is an extremely insightful evaluation of the current state of affairs. As much as I love Stevie Nicks, I tend to agree with this theory.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Just because I'm not afraid to give an unpopular opinion.

Did someone call my name?
Old 08-25-2017, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Harsh, but true...
Why doesn't she hand over JUST four of her vaulted songs.
Let him do whatever to them.
She pops in for a week, sings.
Job done....Lindsey does four, Christine does four......Hooray a new Album.
And she only has to see him and work with him for a week!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2017, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Harsh, but true...
Why doesn't she hand over JUST four of her vaulted songs.
Let him do whatever to them.
She pops in for a week, sings.
Job done....Lindsey does four, Christine does four......Hooray a new Album.
And she only has to see him and work with him for a week!!!!!!!
I really think Stevie was disappointed with how her songs on Say You Will turned out, so your idea that she just hand over 4 of her songs and let Lindsay do whatever to them is kind of the antithesis of how she works. Stevie, rightly or wrongly, is protective of her songs, so it's unlikely she would do what you suggest with any producer. And if she blames Lindsay for how her songs turned out on Say You Will, even if it's irrational, then she's not going to do that again. Just my opinion.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I really think Stevie was disappointed with how her songs on Say You Will turned out, so your idea that she just hand over 4 of her songs and let Lindsay do whatever to them is kind of the antithesis of how she works. Stevie, rightly or wrongly, is protective of her songs, so it's unlikely she would do what you suggest with any producer. And if she blames Lindsay for how her songs turned out on Say You Will, even if it's irrational, then she's not going to do that again. Just my opinion.
Oh well, just a thought.
I want the final Album with MAC5 so much.

(I actually like SYW and think it's a fine Album.)
Old 08-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm with you, sue! I'd buy a new album by them in a heartbeat. I just don't think it'll happen, that's all. And even though other people have said it's because Stevie can't write anymore, I really think it's because she simply doesn't want to record with Lindsay anymore. After all, as you said, she could just hand over 2 or 3 old demos to Lindsay, or record background vocals on their songs. Very telling, I think.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Lindsay
Since you're apparently here for the duration, would you mind spelling his name correctly? LindsEy!

I will owe you a cocktail in return...

Thank you.