Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Borgata Concert Review

This show was incredible! I mean, the best show ever! Every single song rocked, it was so much fun, Stevie was smiling like she knew something we all didn't, it was awesome! Stevie twirled around so much and blew us all kisses, I got to touch Lindsey's guitar even though I almost killed myself reaching for it! It was awesome! It ended on a bittersweet note though when, instead of Mick saying the Mac is Back, Stevie said the final words: "We will never forget you and we hope you never forget us". The tour is coming to end this weekend.

First the venue was so small- about three thousand chairs and no lawn seats. It looked like every seat in the house was close enough to just watch the stage and make out what was going on without having to look at the TV monitors. I was second row right smack in front of Stevie's mic! That was so lucky I don't know how it happened. Anyways, before the show started I made friends with a couple in front of me who said once the show started I was more then welcome to jump over their seats and be at the edge of the stage. So I took them up on that offer- of course this didn't happen without almost getting tangled up in a foldable chair!

So the crickets started and Mick and John came out. Both were smiling and John was even happy as a clam. Stevie and Lindsey came out holding hands and then the Chain started!!! Stevie had her back turned away from the audience for a long time before we got to see her gorgeous smile and her beautiful face! After the Chain ended Stevie said "Hello Atlantic City" and they continued with Dreams. This was a great version of Dreams and it seemed like the whole theatre was singing along! It was a blast.

IKINW was so much fun. Stevie was smiling and did the big "Don't....... Blame.......... Me............. Please.......... Please...." while punching her arms into the air. By the end of the song there was some major booty shaking and twirling!

Peacekeeper was great- everyone sang along and it was a great version of the song. During Say You Will most people did the Lasso dance and it was as if Stevie was a chearleader- she was beaming obviously impressed that we all knew the little dance!

Also during Say You Will, Stevie and Lindsey practically kissed! And they weren't just hamming it up for the audience. It looked like Lindsey had to catch himself before he kissed Stevie. Lindsey needs to get a divorce from his wife (I forget her name) and follow his heart- he is obviously in love with Stevie.

Everyone in the audience stood up during Come and Lindsey pointed to various women in the audience while singing "evertime YOU don't come!" It was great.

For Sara Stevie looked like a greek goddess. She was more beautiful then you have ever seen her. This was the best Sara out of all three Sara's I saw on the shed tour. She wailed out "Saaaaarrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!" at the end and then twirled around and when she finished singing the last few notes and the picture of her from 25 years ago came up and she was dressed the same, had the same hairstyle, just was 25 yearsd older you wanted to cry! It was magical. Everyone around me commented on how it was the best version they had ever seen.

Rhiannon was like the Rhiannon of old with a similar ending like the one on the Live in Boston DVD. Stevie added more fire to the performance when she jammed her head up and down and her hair was in her face and she looked wild all lit up in the bright lights.

I don't know much about Big Love because I was changing film in my camera- I will post pictures ASAP of the show.

Stevie not only thanked the audience but dedicated Landslide to all of us at the Atlantic City show. She thanked us for spending time with them this evening. During Landslide Stevie and Lindsey's vocals and guitar was a backdrop to the 3000 people singing along. It was like a spiritual thing last night. At the very end of the song the audience held a note longer then Stevie did and she stoped in the middle of the song and said "That was great! You guys are really great!" finished up the song, kissed Lindsey and told us we were incredible singers!

During Say Goodbye Lindsey started the song off by saying that this was a new song but her wrote it many years agao about Stevie. You could tell she was holding back tears. Everyone was so respectful- you could hear a pin drop in between the verses of this song. It was beautiful.

During Red Rover Stevie had her eyes closed the whole time- I think she was still thinking about the beautiful things Lindsey said about the song being about his love for her- before Say Goodbye.

Beautiful Child was, for lack of a better term, beautiful! Stevie droped the phoney speach about how this was a song that she always wanted to do live and instead told us how making Tusk was a tribal experience and she wanted to share with us a tribal song called Beautiful Child. We were all laughing! The song was great.

Stevie then did a Gold Dust woman that would put The Dance Version to shame!!! Not only did she create new lyrics and belt out all sort of things that didn't even make sense, she did all these different motions and fun hand movements. She had so much energy during this song. She didn't end the song whispering like usual- she ended the song bitter and angry- screaming!

I'm so Afraid was awesome- how can Lindsey do that? Seriously? I haven't a clue, but I won't question it. I beleive it was during this song that I got to play his guitar. He first went over and hung over the side of the stage looking like he was about to fall into the audience and someone was able to strung along. When he came over to our side to repeat the process, I was determined to strum along! Of course it was ackward because the stage was so high up but I grazed his guitar and it was so cool- just the fact that he was a mere 1 foot away from me was great. He was so close and when I looked up it was unreal. Like he was a spiritual being or something! No member of Fleetwood Mac seems like a human to me!

Tusk was great and Lindsey wailed these demonic wails at the top of his lungs and Stevie was giggling! When Lindsey went over to bug John he fought back and a funny scene ensued. Also, during the Stevie/Lindsey tango it looked very sexual. Like they were doing these motions very subtley.

Stand Back was awesome. When Stevie came out with her cape on after Taku's drum solo she had more energy then Britney Spears has in her pinkey. She sang and twirled around forever- almost twirling right off the stage! When she sang the "I need a little Sympathy"s everyone was hooting and hollering and Stevie had this smile on her face like "I know I'm a bad girl" It was funny!

GYOW was awesome. Stevie's Mic broke and she turned it back on right before the "Packin Up, Shakin ups" which were so incredibly loud and overpowered Lindsey's voice.

World Turning was actually a lot of fun because Mick was actually talking English! He kepts screaming- "Hit Me Taku"! And then Taku would do some big drum thing and it was a lot of fun. Mick actually seemed to have a good portion of the audience in the palm of his hand. The end of the song seemed like Techno, Electronica with some high pitched "World Turnings" via Mick's vest!

Mick had to use Stevie's mic to introduce the band. John got more applause then Stevie and Lindsey combined! Someone made a poster that said Johnny rules or something along those lines and when Mick read it everyone went nuts!

During Goodbye Baby Stevie kept making these hourglass shapes and had her eyes almost closed the whole time. She ended the song humming into the microphone like a mother singing her child a lullaby. I had to close my eyes and take it all in.

When they took their final bow the band was hugging each other, shaking hands, etc. They are are all in love with each other. It is great.

Instead of Mick saying the goodbye's Stevie did. She said "We will never forget you and I hope you never forget us." Then she came back to the Microphone, "And you can sing!" And they were gone. Very bittersweet.

Out of all the shows this tour this was the best! I loved it, every song was on. It couldn't have worked out better because I was right at the edge of the stage directly in front of Stevie. I will be posting a bunch of pictures soon.

We were frail...
Save us...

Last edited by diamondsnake; 09-12-2004 at 07:30 PM..
Old 09-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Ledgie

Thanks so much for the review...next best thing to being there. I can't wait for the pictures. :>
Old 09-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Awesome review...I'm just hoping someone was able to record this show!!
Old 09-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTheCursed
Thanks so much for the review...next best thing to being there. I can't wait for the pictures. :>
Don't get your hopes up- I just picked up all three rolls of film and they are all destroyed. It is as if I put acid on the negatives! Everything is out of focus and blury and messed up, fortunately, a couple pictures turned out decent so I'll post a few. I think I purchased the wrong kind of film or something. It just makes me mad because I was so excited about getting these pictures developed. No biggie though!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 09-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That was a great review! I was at the concert too and you are right out of the 4 concerts I was at this one was the best!
Old 09-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Ledgie

I agree... of the four shows I was at, this one was by FAR the best. It was amazing... I would do ANYTHING for a video/DVD/recording of SOME sort of this concert... if you have anything, please let me know!

Adam
Old 09-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by larg
I agree... of the four shows I was at, this one was by FAR the best. It was amazing... I would do ANYTHING for a video/DVD/recording of SOME sort of this concert... if you have anything, please let me know!

Adam
Me too. This show puts the Live in Boston show to shame! It is sad though that this is the end of the tour, however, I am glad I have this memory because it was the greatest way to end the SYW era of Fleetwood Mac. Bring on the next album and tour guys!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 09-13-2004, 03:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking Borgata Concert (sitting in front of Christopher)

HI CHRISTOPHER ! I was in front of you with my son and I told you to hop our seats up to the railing. It was the best show ever. So sorry your pics didn't come out...I didn't have my camera so I was counting on you. I hope someone else will post a few. I loved it when Stevie stopped singing and conducted the audience like an orchestra as we all sang along.
My son got to strum LB's guitar ...what a stretch. I was worried LB was going to fall off the stage!!! It was a moment we will all never forget. My son was wearing the black fender guitar shirt (he is a budding guitarist.) The band was very relaxed and seemed to really be enjoying themselves. I even saw John laughing during Gold Dust Woman when Stevie had her back to the audience and must have been making funny faces at him!
We went on the backstage tour...very disappointing. The guy giving the tour didn't know much about FM but he sure told us stories about Rod Stewart. I heard from some of the other fans there that other backstage tours are much better.
We did see the sound check. The venue was in an open field and there was no way anyone could not hear it if they were outside. I had a great time hanging out with other people who share my obsession. FM fans are the best. Saw the limos pull up and everyone got out and went on stage. It was fun to see them in their street clothes and without make-up etc. Stevie took pictures looking out over the water. FM played The Chain, Dreams and half of Big Love. The songs were perfect and the vocals very strong...goosebumps.
Someone had dropped a huge pile of much in front of a broken part of the fence . We all had a great vantage point from standing on that mulch pile at sound check. I passed around my binoculars to a girl who kept telling me she thought LB was the sexiest guy on the planet. She was grateful for the close-up view. Security chased us off the pile and called in the fence repair crew who fixed the fence and invited us back on the pile(too funny).

I'm going to miss these concerts!!!
Jeanne
Old 09-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
HI CHRISTOPHER ! I was in front of you with my son and I told you to hop our seats up to the railing. It was the best show ever. So sorry your pics didn't come out...I didn't have my camera so I was counting on you. I hope someone else will post a few. I loved it when Stevie stopped singing and conducted the audience like an orchestra as we all sang along.
My son got to strum LB's guitar ...what a stretch. I was worried LB was going to fall off the stage!!! It was a moment we will all never forget. My son was wearing the black fender guitar shirt (he is a budding guitarist.) The band was very relaxed and seemed to really be enjoying themselves. I even saw John laughing during Gold Dust Woman when Stevie had her back to the audience and must have been making funny faces at him!
We went on the backstage tour...very disappointing. The guy giving the tour didn't know much about FM but he sure told us stories about Rod Stewart. I heard from some of the other fans there that other backstage tours are much better.
We did see the sound check. The venue was in an open field and there was no way anyone could not hear it if they were outside. I had a great time hanging out with other people who share my obsession. FM fans are the best. Saw the limos pull up and everyone got out and went on stage. It was fun to see them in their street clothes and without make-up etc. Stevie took pictures looking out over the water. FM played The Chain, Dreams and half of Big Love. The songs were perfect and the vocals very strong...goosebumps.
Someone had dropped a huge pile of much in front of a broken part of the fence . We all had a great vantage point from standing on that mulch pile at sound check. I passed around my binoculars to a girl who kept telling me she thought LB was the sexiest guy on the planet. She was grateful for the close-up view. Security chased us off the pile and called in the fence repair crew who fixed the fence and invited us back on the pile(too funny).

I'm going to miss these concerts!!!
Jeanne
Hey! It was a great show wasn't it? Your son must have really long arms because I barely grazed Lindsey's guitar and I beleive I was standing right next to him the whole show. It was so cool though when he started walking down the stage on our side. I couldn't beleive how close he was to us.

Yes, the tour was a bust but the great seats and awesome show more then made up for it! Now, let's hope our signed tour book comes in the mail soon.

So, is your son a big Fleetwood Mac fan too? I didn't get to ask if he was an obsessed fan also or if he was tagging along with you.

Anyway, it was a great night and everyone sitting around us was so nice. A great group of people did the fanclub platinum thing and I was glad we were all sitting together. Normally I end up sitting next to some drunk guy! It was fun being with all the big fans who didn't want to sit down when the new songs came up! I actually thought the new songs were the best- especially Say You Will- so much fun!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 09-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

My son ,age 13, is a big FM fan especially of LB and his guitar playing. He wants to play guitar like him. His favorite song is Go Insane. So now you know why the guitar playing moment during the concert was earth shaking . It's so great to have a teenager who agrees on something with his mother!! Of course his mother is pretty awsome for buying him a platinum ticket.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My son ,age 13, is a big FM fan especially of LB and his guitar playing. He wants to play guitar like him. His favorite song is Go Insane. So now you know why the guitar playing moment during the concert was earth shaking . It's so great to have a teenager who agrees on something with his mother!! Of course his mother is pretty awsome for buying him a platinum ticket.
Cool! I guess it was fate that Lindsey came right in front of where we were all standing and he got to play it.

I wish my Mom was more in to Fleetwood Mac. It is like pulling teeth to get her to let me go to a FM show and they still make me pay for it!

Now I am sad though- the tour is seriously over. I never thought I would have been lucky enough to go to the show so many times, but I still want to know I will see another FM show soon. When Stevie told us never to foget her- I got scared! What did she mean by that? Is this the last tour she wants to do? I hope not. I want her to do a studio album and be ready to tour next summer- with or without Fleetwood Mac.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 09-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It's so great to have a teenager who agrees on something with his mother!! Of course his mother is pretty awsome for buying him a platinum ticket.

Yep, I couldn't agree more! My daughter, who is only 6, is a huge Lindsey fan, and she attended 2 concerts with me (wearing earplugs, of course!) We even got an autograph thanks to her catching his eye in Nashville.

I think I'm a pretty cool mom for letting her go with me to the shows because my parents weren't really into spending money for concerts when I was growing up. It's just a neat experience to share! I hope the Mac is still rockin when she's a teenager!
Old 09-13-2004, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
I wish my Mom was more in to Fleetwood Mac. It is like pulling teeth to get her to let me go to a FM show and they still make me pay for it!
I went with my mom and I'm 24! I couldn't get any of my friends to even think about going with me. Usually they just humor me as much as possible when I talk about the band, but when I ask them if they'd wanna go with those crazy expensive tickets, they laugh in my face :-/ It was great, though, she had a blast. AND she won $1800 on the slots, so that paid for the concert AND dinner AND the drive up!

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...
Old 09-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Great, great review diamond - brought a tear to my eye....you're so lucky...do you have a MacHangover? Mine was really bad, for like, 2 weeks. my life seemed flat and empty, empty, empty, and i just wish I could watch the mac, all the time, all the time.
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Great, great review diamond - brought a tear to my eye....you're so lucky...do you have a MacHangover? Mine was really bad, for like, 2 weeks. my life seemed flat and empty, empty, empty, and i just wish I could watch the mac, all the time, all the time.
AMber
Isn't that the truth? You can't help but be a bit depressed when you know it will be so long until the next time you see Fleetwood Mac. I mean the next time most of us will see them will be next summer at the earliest if Stevie/Lindsey do a solo album and tour next summer (which is still very unlikeley unless they already have enough songs for a whole album)

I wish I had an endless amount of money and could spend my whole life traveling around the world and going to every Fleetwood Mac/Stevie show there is. That would be a great existance.

We were frail...
Save us...

Last edited by diamondsnake; 09-13-2004 at 05:36 PM..