User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Hey everyone reading this thread...check out Ken's latest comment on working with Christine for ITM. It's revealing--and pretty sad.
Well, I don't know what her reasoning behind the dog thing was. I wouldn't want to be in the room when they were eating anyway.

I hope that proviso had something to do with their behavior and temperament around strangers and not anything to do with her going all Howard Hughes crazy on us. Plus, the way she has always loved her dogs, she might have been making you leave the room when they ate 30 years ago too. I remember how she was crying when retelling how the one was lost in that video footage.

Anyway, I'm sorry that she won't be contributing to Ken's book. I want to hear from her. I think if she did another album, I'd love the new batch of interviews that would emerge from the promotion as much as I'd love the new music.

Michele
Old 07-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I'm not sure if she reads this board (doubt it) but if she didn't want to be interviewed before she sure as hell wont now.

Gail
Old 07-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good point, Gail. But if she does read the board, she'll realize how many of us out here absolutely love her music and her glorious voice. Hardly a day has passed in the last 30 years where I haven't heard that voice coming out of a stereo or computer.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As it's her birthday today shall we all cebebrate by having a cigarette and a glass (or two) of champagne? Or perhaps we could just stick to wearing f**kin stupid shirts

On a slightly more serious note does anyone else get the impression that our Christine doesn't forgive very easily? Bob Welch has said that she doesn't like him very much when clearly Mick has let bygones be bygones and now perhaps Mr Caillat has been given the same treatment.

Also "hiding out in Canterbury"??? What is that supposed to mean?

Gail

Last edited by Gailh; 07-12-2009 at 02:39 AM..
Old 07-12-2009, 04:30 AM

It means she's done with FM.... I have no problem with that whatsoever... she's more than paid her dues....

Christine: This fan here wants you to retire in peace... you are too rich too tour.. and your dogs deserve to eat without all the engineers and staff walking around in their way...

you've earned it girl... now go relax....
Old 07-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I suspected that ITM may have ended with a bit of a falling out between Chris & Ken Caillat. She never really mentioned Ken in her ITM interviews & Ken did have a few negative things to say about the album.

As for being too rich to tour, she probably is. No big deal there.

As for her dogs, small breed dogs can get a bit temperamental. Maybe, they won't eat if someone else is in the room. A few years ago, I had a dog who wouldn't eat if I wasn't in the room. I don't think it's all that big of a deal.

I don't know what hiding out in Canterbury means. It sounds like a nice, beautiful little town in the English countryside. It sounds to me like a great place to "hide out".

I don't think Chris forgets anything. She does seem to hold a grudge forever. That's not a good thing & I think it's a shame.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't usually participate in gossip threads, but I'll make an exception this time.

Ken wrote in the other thread:

Quote:
I thought Chris and I were good when I first started Meantime, but she was stopping drinking and smoking and trying to get over the school teacher, and hiding out in Cantebury with her dogs, and I started feeling her eccentricity.
What school teacher? Is this the mystery bloke to whom Chris referred during the 'ITM' interviews? During those interviews she said that she had had a relationship but it ended, and that this was the inspiration for her to write the songs and record the album.

At the time, I suspected that she made up this story, so she'd have a ready answer when people asked her why she recorded this album after apparently retiring for good ... but now this little detail that Ken let slip may indicate she was telling the truth, after all.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
. . . I don't think it's all that big of a deal . . . .
I ordinarily would not either - but, it was to Ken C.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-12-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I ordinarily would not either - but, it was to Ken C.
You mean the same guy that filled plastic bags with baking soda and spilled them pretending it was cocaine...

I can't imagine how anyone could become arrogant or sarcastic doing huges amounts of cocaine on a daily basis shrouded in a studio and becoming an instant millionare.... I know I would be humble as a lamb..
Old 07-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I suspected that ITM may have ended with a bit of a falling out between Chris & Ken Caillat. She never really mentioned Ken in her ITM interviews & Ken did have a few negative things to say about the album.

As for being too rich to tour, she probably is. No big deal there.

I don't know what hiding out in Canterbury means. It sounds like a nice, beautiful little town in the English countryside. It sounds to me like a great place to "hide out".

I don't think Chris forgets anything. She does seem to hold a grudge forever. That's not a good thing & I think it's a shame.
Yup - they've had a falling out alright.

Too rich to tour - I agree she probably is (bit arrogant though)

Canterbury is a beautiful English Cathedral town. As for "hiding out" what does he expect? Being seen at parties in London every night?

she's going to love him to bits for the "school teacher" comment

Gail

Last edited by Gailh; 07-12-2009 at 11:34 AM..
Old 07-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You mean the same guy that filled plastic bags with baking soda and spilled them pretending it was cocaine...

I can't imagine how anyone could become arrogant or sarcastic doing huges amounts of cocaine on a daily basis shrouded in a studio and becoming an instant millionare.... I know I would be humble as a lamb..
Lord Child - you ain't tellin no lies! Note - I think CM is likely very eccentric and I love her for it.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lord Child - you ain't tellin no lies! Note - I think CM is likely very eccentric and I love her for it.
Hear hear.

God bless Christine. I wouldn't want her any other way.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Hear hear.

God bless Christine. I wouldn't want her any other way.
I think what many in the states do not realize is the British can be very pissy. I am not saying this as a slam. It is just part of their culture, especially CM's era. Along with that comes the eccentricity when the women get a little older. This is just based on my personal observations while in England and reading WAY too many Agatha Christie movies

In the end, I still maintain CM is given a pass for her bitchy behavior when compared to La Nicks. I mean look at the people around here ganging on to slam La Nicks for recently talking about the times when she and LB were dirt poor, etc. But, such is life.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Who will rid me of these meddlesome engineers/fans!" to coin a phrase...
Old 07-12-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I think what many in the states do not realize is the British can be very pissy. I am not saying this as a slam. It is just part of their culture, especially CM's era. Along with that comes the eccentricity when the women get a little older. This is just based on my personal observations while in England and reading WAY too many Agatha Christie movies

In the end, I still maintain CM is given a pass for her bitchy behavior when compared to La Nicks. I mean look at the people around here ganging on to slam La Nicks for recently talking about the times when she and LB were dirt poor, etc. But, such is life.
When McVie is arrogant it's funny to me because she's Christine McVie.... and she comes off as a classy regal british lady... and quite funny at times... almost like Absolutely Fabulous... (the show) sweetie darling sweetie sweetie sweetie darling

When Linsdey is arrogant he makes himself look like a little whiney bitch.... Althought I thought in Destiny Rules he was trying to pull it all together and everyone else gave him ****... I give LB full credit in dealing with the other 3 lunatics on that DVD.

When Stevie is arrogant it doesn't bother me too much because she's just on another planet... like Christine but in a different way... Stevie Nicks is cool to me because she's nuts...

Just my observation over the past 30 yrs...