Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

CBS News picked up the story too.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shailene...-stevie-nicks/

By Jessica Derschowitz CBS NewsJune 18, 2014, 10:25 AM

Shailene Woodley wants to play Stevie Nicks

Shailene Woodley has scored some coveted movie roles -- working alongside George Clooney in "The Descendants," playing Tris Prior in the "Divergent" series and Hazel Grace Lancaster in "The Fault in Our Stars," but she's got a dream role of her own in mind.

The 22-year-old star has a particular music icon that she'd love to portray: Stevie Nicks.

Women's Health
"She's just such a fascinating woman who's lived such a life and is still living such a life. Her music was really profound for me in my life," Woodley says in a new interview with Women's Health.

"I love that there is no other Stevie Nicks in this world. She is so fully herself, and undividedly herself," the actress added. "That in itself is such a powerful lesson to take in and be like, 'wow.' No one is going to be the next Stevie Nicks, and Stevie Nicks was not the next anyone."

"And I think that's such beautiful advice for all of us. You do you, we do we," Woodley tells the magazine. "She does she in such a beautiful way. I think it'd be great to sing in a film. I love to sing. I guess another dream movie would be a movie like 'Once.' It's so romantic and sensual and musical but doesn't feel like a musical necessarily."

So if a Nicks biopic comes to be, we can bet Woodley will be practicing her twirls. In the meantime, the star is signed on to reprise her role as Tris in the next three "Divergent" sequels -- "Insurgent" and the two "Allegiant" films.

Woodley's interview appears in the new issue of Women's Health, hitting newsstands June 24.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
I agree. I just don't think there's a big enough market for a Stevie-centric movie; however, I think a movie based on the life and times of Fleetwood Mac could do really well, if done at the caliber of a Coal Miner's Daughter or Walk the Line. Lots of drama, heartache, joy, tension, great music. I'd love to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I agree that they need to do a Fleetwood Mac movie. I was sitting here trying to imagine how that would happen and what you would put in and what you would leave out. I wouldn't want anything left out, you would want all the tidbits and romance. So then I thought that would be a 25 hour movie, not likely, but wouldn't it be great if they did one that was a mini-series like "Roots?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
We don't need a Stevie movie. We need a Fleetwood Mac film, by a top director who is interested in depicting the relationships between band members from the beginning. I actually don't think there is a great film that has ever been done about the music business. The Fleetwood Mac material, songs and drama and characters, could provide the basis for one---as long as it's done with verve, style, and exceptional direction. Always felt it could be kind of like Goodfellas, a stylistic take on the entry into a fascinating world and the trials and tribulations. Also, shouldn't the stars lip-synch like Angela Bassett did for Tina Turner, which worked out very well?

Yes I agree about a FM biopic.A two part TV miniseries on HBO probably be right with all the soap opera drama going on.

If I had all of the cable channels I probably know who Shailene is.I have to watch her shows online.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-19-2014, 05:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess the article sort of suggests this as something that focuses on Stevie exclusively; however, I always think of any discussion of a biopic in the context of an FM film--not just a movie about Stevie.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

someone must have found this tweet from more than a year ago so it resurfaced today -

@shailenewoodley 12 Feb 2013
stevie nicks. lindsey buckingham. oh how you do something to my soul!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish people wouldn't be negative about this. This a major compliment to Stevie who is still impacting young girls lives
Old 06-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Indeed, it's a huge compliment, and it could prove very beneficial to the band we love.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Someone who would play Stevie...

Not too familiar with her, so I don't know if she could carry it off or not.

Shailene Woodley eager to play Stevie Nicks onscreen

Actress Shailene Woodley is eager to show off her musical skills and portray singer Stevie Nicks onscreen.

The actress has taken on drama, romance and sci-fi flicks over the past few years, and now she's keen to take on a musical role, setting her sights set on playing Fleetwood Mac's Nicks. Woodley tells Women's Health magazine, "I would love to play Stevie Nicks. She's just such a fascinating woman who's lived such a life and is still living such a life. Her music was really profound for me in my life. I think it'd be an adventure to play Stevie Nicks. I love that there is no other Stevie Nicks in this world. She is so fully herself, and undividedly herself. That, in itself, is such a powerful lesson to take in and be like, 'Wow.' No one is going to be the next Stevie Nicks, and Stevie Nicks was not the next anyone. And I think that's such beautiful advice for all of us. You do you, we do we. She does she in such a beautiful way."

The 22-year-old divulges she's willing to show the world she can carry a tune, eager to take on any role that will show off a different side of her talents. She adds, "I think it'd be great to sing in a film. I love to sing. I guess another dream movie would be a movie like 'Once.' It's so romantic and sensual and musical but doesn't feel like a musical necessarily."

Lee
Old 07-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a whole thread on this Shailene Woodley wants to Play Stevie in a Movie from 2 or 3 weeks ago...
Old 07-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Post Never saw it

Never saw the thread but by if a mod wants to delete this thread, he or she is welcome to.

Lee
Old 07-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She's the star of the new Gregg Araki movie.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I love it when the media picks the absolute worst pictures of Stevie to reference.
From 1989, as if she's reclusive and they have to resort to old pictures.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always thought the very beautiful Majandra Delfino would be great as Stevie Nicks.

http://www.stud-center.com/wallpaper...fino-16830.jpg
Old 07-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Originally Posted by He's So Unusual
Quote:
I've always thought the very beautiful Majandra Delfino would be great as Stevie Nicks.
Good call - she is gorgeous and most definitely looks like Stevie. Even though Stevie was in her 40's at the time, I can recall some paparazzi shots from the time of The Other Side Of The Mirror that remind me of the photo you've included.

I used to think Alicia Silverstone looked a little like Stevie, but she just isn't beautiful enough to pull it off. Shakira sometimes looks similar to Stevie. If Carrie Fisher was younger, she would have also made a good Stevie!
Old 07-16-2014, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
oh hell NO.
sorry, not a fan at all.
Stevie should choose
and not someone who says they want the role
they need to be an unknown
Usually the subject matter is not directly involved or has no say in the matter in these kind of endeavors. There needs to be some distance and objectivity. Otherwise, it would become a vanity project . Most often, the subjects are long dead before a movie would even be conceived.

Instead of a salacious docudrama of Stevie's life, how about a serious documentary which focuses on how Stevie has made a worldly impact in the field of music, as well as the connection she as forged with her legion of fans, on a deeply loyal, personal and emotional level? I'd rather have her depicted in reality. Her life is a movie that wrote itself. I see no good for it to be interpreted with actors and a screenplay writer. As some have noted, Stevie's appeal is not universal, yet she still has a substantial audience.

While it might seem entertaining to see her story portrayed and interpreted by someone else, the likely outcome might not be so satisfying. The novelty of it will wear off quickly (as would as Fleetwood Mac movie of similar nature). I'm afraid it would likely become a parody-of itself. The movie world, and the world in general, isn't calling tout for this; just a few enamored actresses. If anything, it would be on cable network, and do just as welll as Stevie's In Your Dreams DVD documentary.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 07-16-2014 at 03:30 AM..