User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm happy for you guys. if there was a FM and LB solo album in the works at the same time i would be over the moon so i can completely get how you all feel.

however, if FM waits for SN, and releases their album AFTER hers, even though the only reason it's not done and out is waiting for her, they are just a bunch of wusses.
If LB has any solo songs ready he should join the party and put something out...I agree that if FM has something to put out they should quit waiting on Stevie and just get it done...
Old 04-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
i'm happy for you guys. if there was a FM and LB solo album in the works at the same time i would be over the moon so i can completely get how you all feel.
Thanks, Elle.

Quote:
however, if FM waits for SN, and releases their album AFTER hers, even though the only reason it's not done and out is waiting for her, they are just a bunch of wusses.
We honestly don't know that she's the only reason it's not done & out, though. That part is just speculation. In my view, it doesn't make them a bunch of wusses to want Stevie on the album. It seems they very much want to do something as a fivesome, and I do believe they will all -- Stevie included -- work to make that happen.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Actually Stevie has done this before ...If you remember "The Wild Heart" was recorded in 12 DAYS
Where did you hear this??

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Where did you hear this??
You will have to find the Jim Ladd "Wild Heart" interview with Stevie, Sharon, Lori. & Sandy...Stevie talks about the tracks being recorded in 12 days and other things being done later...According to Stevie much of this was filmed...Find the interview as it's really great with Stevie & the girls singing a song at 4am in the morning...
Old 04-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If they are serious about getting this record done really, really fast,It would explain why the recording is going on at Blackbird studios rather than Stevie's house. As was mentioned on the FM news site, Dave was able to do a few albums at Blackbird in like a week or something...Maybe a solo Stevie record is going to happen. Still not completely buying it...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You will have to find the Jim Ladd "Wild Heart" interview with Stevie, Sharon, Lori. & Sandy...Stevie talks about the tracks being recorded in 12 days and other things being done later...According to Stevie much of this was filmed...Find the interview as it's really great with Stevie & the girls singing a song at 4am in the morning...
Yes "recorded" in 12 days. Just like the tracks for "In Your Dreams" were recorded in the same amount of time. That basically just means they were doing the final take, or final draft. The real work comes from prepping all these songs, the harmonies, melodies, and the instrumentation. Recording doesn't mean starting from scratch with a demo and completing a song in its entirety.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome!!!!

Stevie herself said it best in this bit of the Mill Valley Film Festival Q&A- @ 2:11-3:44

Whatever your projects are, do what YOU want to do.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
Awesome!!!!

Stevie herself said it best in this bit of the Mill Valley Film Festival Q&A- @ 2:11-3:44

Whatever your projects are, do what YOU want to do.
Hopefully Stevie will have the new album out in the spring of 2015 with a solo spring/summer tour...
Old 04-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If the album is indeed finished in time for a summer release, I wouldn't be surprised if Stevie doesn't do a full-scale tour to promote it. I can see her doing a round of press, a few TV appearances, maybe a small handful of dates (possibly even with another artist) -- and then allowing the publicity generated from the Mac's tour to do the rest of the promotion.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hopefully Stevie will have the new album out in the spring of 2015 with a solo spring/summer tour...
Yeah that would be cool. Even if it's a Mac project, BN project, solo project, makes no difference to me. I just want her to be happy and to do things because it's what she wants to do. Her collaborations with other artists in different projects over the last few years seem to have given her a lot of joy. Of course I love her with the Mac too. But she also seems to be very aware of how precious time is.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
Yeah that would be cool. Even if it's a Mac project, BN project, solo project, makes no difference to me. I just want her to be happy and to do things because it's what she wants to do. Her collaborations with other artists in different projects over the last few years seem to have given her a lot of joy. Of course I love her with the Mac too. But she also seems to be very aware of how precious time is.
Let me re-phrase...Hopefully Stevie will have the new SOLO album out in the spring of 2015 with a solo spring/summer tour...It wouldn't surprise me if Stevie had all this planned out before she knew Christine was returning because I highly doubt that Stevie told the boys she would tour FM 2 years in a row ... So far the only thing we know she has committed to FM wise is the fall tour and she may have only agreed to do that so Christine would at least be able to do some FM shows this year...Like I said I think Stevie has plans and FM will have to wait it's turn...
Old 04-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If indeed Stevie has a solo cd in the wings to release next year then the Fleetwood Mac project has to be released this year.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let me re-phrase...Hopefully Stevie will have the new SOLO album out in the spring of 2015 with a solo spring/summer tour...It wouldn't surprise me if Stevie had all this planned out before she knew Christine was returning because I highly doubt that Stevie told the boys she would tour FM 2 years in a row ... So far the only thing we know she has committed to FM wise is the fall tour and she may have only agreed to do that so Christine would at least be able to do some FM shows this year...Like I said I think Stevie has plans and FM will have to wait it's turn...
This is exactly what I think. It's not a slight to FM or the return of Christine, which I think she is really happy about, as well as us fans. But, I strongly feel that she had planned on doing other projects and was totally looking forward to that.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
If the album is indeed finished in time for a summer release, I wouldn't be surprised if Stevie doesn't do a full-scale tour to promote it. I can see her doing a round of press, a few TV appearances, maybe a small handful of dates (possibly even with another artist) -- and then allowing the publicity generated from the Mac's tour to do the rest of the promotion.
That's what I'm thinking.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
If indeed Stevie has a solo cd in the wings to release next year then the Fleetwood Mac project has to be released this year.
i like the way you think. just as unrealistically as me.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"