The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Vogue has published beautiful pictures of Molly Fishkin's wedding and there's a gorgeous one of Stevie during the toast/Landslide. She can also be seen on the background in two other pictures.

http://www.vogue.com/culture/article...ins-wedding/16

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Vogue has published beautiful pictures of Molly Fishkin's wedding and there's a gorgeous one of Stevie during the toast/Landslide. She can also be seen on the background in two other pictures.

http://www.vogue.com/culture/article...ins-wedding/16
It seems like Stevie now wears that same off-the- shoulder black dress all the the time, no matter where she is: in the studio, at weddings, TV appearances, photo. shoots, etc. She finds a look, and then wears it into the ground! Strange girl she is.
Her closets are likely overflowing so many other clothes.

How ironic that she is often referenced /known for her fashion style. In her early years she wore various outfits with a range of colors. Now it's just black, black and black; so monotone, with that one dress! It's perplexing, because she looks so vibrant when she's wearing, or at least adding other colors.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Thank you, Universe! My favorite band, Stevie Nicks, was on our plane from Washington DC today! (Unfortunately, minus Stevie Nicks). I would love to meet her!! Here I am with her lead guitar legend, Waddy Wachtel on the plane. The band members were super sweet to Michael and I, and meeting them was a real treat for us long-time Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac fans!! Hope your day is filled with happy surprises.
Love, Doreen

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...00001004347338
Stevie Nicks is my favorite "band" too!
Old 07-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It seems like Stevie now wears that same off-the- shoulder black dress all the the time, no matter where she is: in the studio, at weddings, TV appearances, photo. shoots, etc. She finds a look, and then wears it into the ground! Strange girl she is.
Yeah, it looks good on her and all, but the frequency with which she wears it -- plus the types of events she's been wearing it to -- is starting to get bizarre. A wedding??

Maybe Lindsey has forbidden her from wearing anything else.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Yeah, it looks good on her and all, but the frequency with which she wears it -- plus the types of events she's been wearing it to -- is starting to get bizarre. A wedding??

Its definitely weird, strange, and bizarre why would a woman who loved clothes wear the same uniform, day in day out.......I don't understand it at all.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And of all the outfits she could repeat, I find that the least flattering one. She has others that she looks much better in.

Michele
Old 07-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Ledgie

I can't with this dress and the aviators anymore .
Old 07-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am that kind of fan who will always be happy with whatever she does, so all I can think of when I look at recent pictures is how beautiful she looks.
I'm "only" 34 but I wanna say I understand her. I used to love some diversity and would wear almost anything, but ever since I put on a little weight and became lazier and lazier, I seem to want to wear the same uniform every day, too.

Barbra Streisand is worse than Stevie, she's been wearing the same clothes for years now, coincidentally, Barbra's tops have the same sleeves as Stevie's.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Stevie too and the glasses don't bother me. I'm 52 and can't really wear contacts comfortably anymore because I wear tri-focals. It's easier with the glasses, but I don't know why she wears the uniform for everything. The same thing with the Oscar party. All the beautiful gowns she could wear. She has a great figure for any age and would look wonderful in different colors and styles. What ever makes her happiest I guess, but I remember the 70's and 80's with all those beautiful dresses and colors.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 07-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just don't relate to the mindset of caring what Stevie wears in her private life. I'd like her to mix things up a bit on stage, but I suppose being considered a legacy/nostalgia artist might make her feel like that isn't really an option. As to what she wears to private parties and when she's hanging out with her friends... Yeah, a lot of it's the same. Don't we all have our standard go-to outfits in the closet? No big thang. We weren't invited to that wedding anyway.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I just don't relate to the mindset of caring what Stevie wears in her private life. I'd like her to mix things up a bit on stage, but I suppose being considered a legacy/nostalgia artist might make her feel like that isn't really an option. As to what she wears to private parties and when she's hanging out with her friends... Yeah, a lot of it's the same. Don't we all have our standard go-to outfits in the closet? No big thang. We weren't invited to that wedding anyway.
I largely share your view on this and have often argued that Stevie should be allowed to wear whatever she wants -- from the aviator glasses down to the platform Reeboks. It's just starting to seem a little odd to me that she's been wearing the exact same outfit, in the exact same color, to everything.

It's absolutely her prerogative, though. No question about it.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't care about the things that are health related, like her Reeboks. But I care about that top -- unless she gives me a doctor's note explaining it.

If she just likes things with holes in it, she could borrow Lindsey's t-shirts.

Michele
Old 07-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post

I can totally relate. If I dress up to go to an event and find that I look great in it, I will find every excuse possible to wear it again and again. For about 3 months, you could find me wearing the same red jacket to every public function I attended because I got so many compliments on it. My partner has to be the one to say, 'People JUST saw you in that outfit. Wear something else.'

Now, excuse me, I have to wear my seersucker suit to clean out the refrigerator.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfRhiannon View Post
I can totally relate. If I dress up to go to an event and find that I look great in it, I will find every excuse possible to wear it again and again. For about 3 months, you could find me wearing the same red jacket to every public function I attended because I got so many compliments on it.
Exactly! This is perfectly normal stuff. And it's probably compounded tenfold when you're Stevie Nicks and have been called a "fashion icon" for years while mostly wearing fairly similar outfits.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
It's not a mindset. I was just making an observation of one of Stevie's odd proclivities. As you said, "no big thang."