User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I'll be honest- I find this stunning! The album was not a hit but this tour has performed beyond expectations. When the tour was first announced, I really thought it would be a bust, but it was so popular she had to add over 15 more dates.

Incredible.
I think, the tour was a success because everyone knows and loves Stevies back catalogue.
People still want to see her because she is STEVIE NICKS.....and she can still give a really good show.

With the Album unless you are a diehard fan, the songs included would be unknown.
So people like to hear old stuff they know......maybe.

Or Stevie could be right people just don't buy records anymore....
That's not quite true tho' just this passed week I bought "Tempest " by young Bob,
And Imelda Mays latest..."Life Love Flesh Blood"."...."she is very good.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Oh noone would be happier than me if that happens (SFTV 2), I'm just not gonna hold my breath.
However it's possible that she'll release something and I think it's probable she's working at the moment, it's a hot period for her.
She also talked about recording more songs and repackage the album, that would be more likely in my opinion.
In my unlikely fantasy world, we get a repackage with a complete second volume and a live CD/DVD of the show they filmed.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's not so unlikely though.. They've already filmed several shows, so there's something in the works there, so I would be truly surprised if there wasn't at least something released this summer.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:57 AM

Absolutely, the DVD will have to come out at some point; what is still uncertain is the repackage or whatever form of new musical output.
However I wouldn't dislike at all the repackage idea, maybe it would be much more appropriate than a new album since she's still in the midst of the 24K Gold Tour; she wouldn't even have to deal with doing another contract.
Another album would "need" another tour and it would replicate the conditions of the first 24K Gold with her having to do it in a hurry before jumping into another tour with Fleetwood Mac and then the already scarce promotion would fly completely out of the window.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

It was a great concert. The tour was a HUGE success. It was such a creeper. When tickets first went on sale many doubted the show would be able to fill arenas. Weeks after the first tickets went on sale half of arenas were still empty. As the concerts neared, the arenas were full. When the tour was extended there were several sold out arenas. She could have extended again and played another 10 shows in the US easily.
Its been awhile since I saw a Stevie solo concert but never saw her so focused on her songs. Yes some of the stories ran on but she is very proud of her songs and especially her new ones. Stevie is famous for missing beats, cues, lines, verses, etc. I never saw her so focused like a true professional before. She never missed a beat.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-13-2017 at 01:53 PM..
Old 05-13-2017, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It was a great concert. The tour was a HUGE success. It was such a creeper. When tickets first went on sale many doubted the show would be able to fill arenas. Weeks after the first tickets went on sale half of arenas were still empty. As the concerts neared, the arenas were full. When the tour was extended there were several sold out arenas. She could have extended again and played another 10 shows in the US easily.
Its been awhile since I saw a Stevie solo concert but never saw her so focused on her songs. Yes some of the stories ran on but she is very proud of her songs and especially her new ones. Stevie was famous for missing beats, cues, lines, verses, etc. I never saw her so focused like a true professional before. She never missed a beat.
I agree with this completely. She was on fire this tour. I'm really proud of her right now!
Old 05-15-2017, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

can't wait to hear her excuse as to why she will now record a solo album again..."albums dont sell anymore but i figured I must do it for the art of it"...please spare us!
Old 05-15-2017, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
can't wait to hear her excuse as to why she will now record a solo album again..."albums dont sell anymore but i figured I must do it for the art of it"...please spare us!
You should be over being upset with her for not wanting to record with Fleetwood Mac by now.I am.The songs released so far on Buck/Vie are either mediocre or awful. It may well be one of the wiser career decisions that she has ever made.The album would rank somewhere between Behind the Mask and Time in the Fleetwood Mac canon had it not been mercifully aborted.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You keep bashing Stevie on both this and the RUMOURS board.
Get over it.
Move on.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The songs released so far on Buck/Vie are either mediocre or awful. It may well be one of the wiser career decisions that she has ever made.The album would rank somewhere between Behind the Mask and Time in the Fleetwood Mac canon had it not been mercifully aborted.
I agree, the three songs I've heard from the album so far have been a disappointment, and 3 stinkers out of 10 is a bad sign. I think Stevie had a feeling about this album, so she stayed out of the way and let FM do their own thing, and it seems she made the right call.

It's really too bad FM can't record together the way the way they used to pre-Tusk.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]It's really too bad FM can't record together the way the way they used to pre-Tusk./QUOTE]

Pre-tusk? So, you are saying you wish they could record the way they did during "Rumours?" That was 40 years ago.
I doubt any band could record the way they did 40 years ago.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:45 AM

Pre-Tusk recording sessions with the current FM formation were basically just those for self titled album which was their first album together and for which they just recorded already pre-existing material (with the exception of World Turning), and then Rumours that, even if it had an amazing outcome creatively speaking, were a mess of biblical proportions.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

When I say pre-Tusk, I mean I wish all 5 members would show up at the recording studio on the same day and record an album, instead of doing it piecemeal, with Stevie sending them 4-5 songs and telling them to pick 3, or Christine just working on her songs, or Lindsey playing instruments that others could play, etc.

I guess nowadays, it's too much to ask that the band work together for 4 weeks in the studio, so we get albums like Say You Will, EP, and Buck/Vie. Too bad.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I find it funny that Stevie is so freakin cool everywhere these days and her collab with Lana Del Rey will only solidify this whereas the Lindsey/Christine album is shaping up to be stale and not very memorable. As it's been said, Stevie may have played a blinder here.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

[QUOTE] I guess nowadays, it's too much to ask that the band work together for 4 weeks in the studio, so we get albums like Say You Will, EP, and Buck/Vie. Too bad./QUOTE]

I Loved "Say you Will."