User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I became a Fleetwood Mac fan because of The Dance, but never saw the band in person with Christine McVie. Then, I became a big fan of Buckingham Nicks. It is not hard to see where my main interest lies, but I've had the opportunity to see them front Fleetwood Mac many, many times. Adding Christine to the mix again will make it different and fresh. New music could also have done that, but alas, Stevie did not produce on that score.

I was THRILLED to hear Without You performed on tour. It was like a dream come true. The idea of a Buckingham Nicks tour is also terribly exciting to me. However, I'm willing to wait another year for that if it means I can see Christine with the band at last. The same is true for the solo material. It's not as if her return means we'll never see LB or SN solo again - it just means we wait a bit longer for it.

For me, there's always been Buckingham Nicks, and then Fleetwood Mac... separate entities. I want to see Christine as part of the entity that is FM. I want to see BN on their own terms. I still believe that can happen.

I believe we can have it ALL! Christine and FM now, BN/solo later. No, BN/solo later is not guaranteed... but it never has been guaranteed. If Stevie and Lindsey mean what they've been saying and if the re-release of BN is truly important to them, then a summer tour with Chris won't nullify that. Take courage, BN fans - it's all good!
You're right, Nancy. I'll keep waiting... lol

And, I am looking forward to seeing the 5 together. Truly.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
You're right, Nancy. I'll keep waiting... lol

And, I am looking forward to seeing the 5 together. Truly.
And I truly want a re-mastered, repackaged, B/N album with bonus material. the time is now for all our FMac Dreams.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I became a Fleetwood Mac fan because of The Dance, but never saw the band in person with Christine McVie. Then, I became a big fan of Buckingham Nicks. It is not hard to see where my main interest lies, but I've had the opportunity to see them front Fleetwood Mac many, many times. Adding Christine to the mix again will make it different and fresh. New music could also have done that, but alas, Stevie did not produce on that score.

I was THRILLED to hear Without You performed on tour. It was like a dream come true. The idea of a Buckingham Nicks tour is also terribly exciting to me. However, I'm willing to wait another year for that if it means I can see Christine with the band at last. The same is true for the solo material. It's not as if her return means we'll never see LB or SN solo again - it just means we wait a bit longer for it.

For me, there's always been Buckingham Nicks, and then Fleetwood Mac... separate entities. I want to see Christine as part of the entity that is FM. I want to see BN on their own terms. I still believe that can happen.

I believe we can have it ALL! Christine and FM now, BN/solo later. No, BN/solo later is not guaranteed... but it never has been guaranteed. If Stevie and Lindsey mean what they've been saying and if the re-release of BN is truly important to them, then a summer tour with Chris won't nullify that. Take courage, BN fans - it's all good!
This is the best post I've seen in weeks! I love the enthusiasm...seems like everyone is in a tizzy and we don't even really know what is going on yet! I like the idea that we can have it all...I think it is amazing that we get to see the Fab 5 line up that hasn't been around for 17 years! Like Christine or not, she is a huge part of Fleetwood Mac and their history....those shows are going to be special and they don't necessarily have to change the dynamics that greatly.

After seeing how great Stevie and Linds are getting along...I could see them going on as BN in the future and maybe doing a tour or several tours together. This could be it for Fleetwood Mac if its going to be a farewell tour, but all Lindsey wants to do is play and make music and Stevie has said she's going to be singing Rhiannon when she's 80. That being said, I think I agree that there is hope we can have it all!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And I truly want a re-mastered, repackaged, B/N album with bonus material. the time is now for all our FMac Dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
This is the best post I've seen in weeks! I love the enthusiasm...seems like everyone is in a tizzy and we don't even really know what is going on yet! I like the idea that we can have it all...I think it is amazing that we get to see the Fab 5 line up that hasn't been around for 17 years! Like Christine or not, she is a huge part of Fleetwood Mac and their history....those shows are going to be special and they don't necessarily have to change the dynamics that greatly.

After seeing how great Stevie and Linds are getting along...I could see them going on as BN in the future and maybe doing a tour or several tours together. This could be it for Fleetwood Mac if its going to be a farewell tour, but all Lindsey wants to do is play and make music and Stevie has said she's going to be singing Rhiannon when she's 80. That being said, I think I agree that there is hope we can have it all!
That would be awesome!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice to see it all official now. I couldn't be happier and she looks and sounds amazing> Can't wait to hear her new sounds and return to her signature style.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Christine's coming back for one reason...it's Fleetwood Mac's Grande Finale tour. It's been pretty obvious that Fleetwood Mac hasn't been Fleetwood Mac since 1998. Mick wasn't going to let Fleetwood Mac sail into the sunset being Stevie & Lindsey's feeble attempt at being Buckingham Nicks again under an assumed (and more well-known) name.
BINGO! I totally agree. I think we're getting a tour a la The Dance with some new songs from each of them (hopefully Miss Nicks doesn't open the vault but writes something new) and than they'll call it a day. I think Lindsey will either continue solo or him & Stevie will do the BN cd release and tour behind that.

As for Chris coming back, I think it's awesome. I went to 3 shows during the SYW tour and didn't really miss her but when she did the 2 London shows 10 years later with only one song I realized I did miss her. It's the musical chemistry between the 5 of them that makes them so special. Not to mention the harmonies between Stevie, Lindsey and Chris. And Chris brings a lighter note to the show with her songs; Lindsey is kinda dark and edgy, Stevie has the gypsy, gold dust woman, Rhiannon thing going on and than there's Chris singing about you make loving fun and I wanna be with you everywhere. Love it. Plus I've only seen them once back in 1980 (Tusk tour). They didn't come back until 1988 but than Lindsey had left and they didn't tour Europe for The Dance. So for me it'll be a thrilling experience to see all of them back together again.

Welcome back, Christine

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 01-14-2014, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
...This band isn't going to get any more interesting just because Christine is coming back. And that's not a shot at her. I respect her and she wrote some terrific songs in her day.

I wasn't crazy about "Temporary One" or the stuff from "Time." I bet if there is a new album, the stuff won't be much better. I hope she proves me wrong.

If there is no new album, then it's just another nostalgia tour, except they will now be able to add four or five Christine songs. Whopeee!

Agreed. Even with a new album, it's a fantasy Chris will make a huge difference to the current FM sound except what she can add to their vocal blend. No, the back up singers aren't going anywhere. They're still needed with or without her. She's a 70 year old woman! Her voice can't be much better than Stevie's or Lindsey's when stretched across a full set and a long tour. She hasn't done an album in nearly a decade and only performed live a couple of times in very brief appearances since 1998. All the people who expect her to be the savoir for this "stale act" masquerading as FM the past 15 years...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
This is the best post I've seen in weeks! I love the enthusiasm...seems like everyone is in a tizzy and we don't even really know what is going on yet! I like the idea that we can have it all...
Okay, I WANT IT ALL!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think this is gonna be the finale tour. I think they're gonna go out for a summer/fall tour, let Christine get back into the swing of things, drop some new material in either EP or LP format and then do a big worldwide type finale thing. You know Mick, he's going to want to pimp it out to the max to get as much profit and publicity as he can, as it's most certainly going to be billed as a goodbye tour, no doubt about that either. So we'll definitely see when they come around to announcing either "Fleetwood Mac Live" or something about a finale.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't see them touting it as a "goodbye" tour. I know that's a way to make money, but I think they'll save that promotion for 2017 or so. I don't expect them to say that this year or next.

Michele
Old 01-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I really don't see them touting it as a "goodbye" tour. I know that's a way to make money, but I think they'll save that promotion for 2017 or so. I don't expect them to say that this year or next.
I don't ever see them doing that, at least not until they're told they can't anymore.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don't ever see them doing that, at least not until they're told they can't anymore.
Agreed! Christine once said that they would have to roll them out in wheelchairs.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Yes!

Quote:
I became a Fleetwood Mac fan because of The Dance, but never saw the band in person with Christine McVie.
Me, too, & this is why I'm excited that Christine is back because now I'll finally get to see the five of them together next year somehow, somewhere, someway!

Lee
Old 01-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't this is a farewell tour, i do think that there are a few reasons why Christine has returned:
1. She missed it going on that stage in London got her back in the mode.
2. She has written new material she is passionate about seeing the light of day
3. The John health scare brought the band closer than ever
4. She's bored

I think we will get a decent sized summer tour, but I doubt she is coming back for just that, she probably wants an album. So we may just get a few tours out of her yet

Plus, you all don't really think the band would forget the 40th anniversary of the Rumours lineup falls in 2015 (which would be perfect to milk a new album/tour/possible farewell).

Last edited by GavinBrown; 01-14-2014 at 04:24 PM..
Old 01-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, and maybe we'll get another reissue of Rumours and they'll tour performing most of the songs live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinBrown View Post
I don't this is a farewell tour, i do think that there are a few reasons why Christine has returned:
1. She missed it going on that stage in London got her back in the mode.
2. She has written new material she is passionate about seeing the light of day
3. The John health scare brought the band closer than ever
4. She's bored

I think we will get a decent sized summer tour, but I doubt she is coming back for just that, she probably wants an album. So we may just get a few tours out of her yet

Plus, you all don't really think the band would forget the 40th anniversary of the Rumours lineup falls in 2015 (which would be perfect to milk a new album/tour/possible farewell).
Old 01-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Yeah, and maybe we'll get another reissue of Rumours and they'll tour performing most of the songs live!
It would be nice to see autographed insert/special letter treatment done like Stevie's IYD DVD.

Getting all 5 members to sign it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016