The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Registered

maybe while were bombarding her social media with the Question : are you recording with Fleetwood Mac , we should add these old videos so she can see that she once varied her wardrobe before she was "branded " and had to appear in public exactly the same as not to confuse her fans
Old 02-04-2015, 09:37 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad. Reason: I don't like being provoked
Old 02-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Well, I have to admit even I have had enough of that god-awful flouncy top but I think if Stevie really knew that we are demanding that she starts recording with the band right away or that she begins wearing new fashionable clothes to please her fans she would get pissed off and do right the opposite.
if that were the case why are you not bombarding her with it on her twitter , face book , &
instagram . instead of the speculative bull sh!t here ?
Old 02-04-2015, 10:05 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad. Reason: Uselessness
Old 02-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Than you for posting all of these incredible Rhiannon's. That last one from Austrailia is 100 percent new to me. It's crazy how much with that hairstyle stevie looks identical in 1977 as she currently does. Obviously there are more wrinkles in her face but other then that she looks the same. She made the same faces during SOTM. As she is in that video

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-04-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Than you for posting all of these incredible Rhiannon's. That last one from Austrailia is 100 percent new to me. It's crazy how much with that hairstyle stevie looks identical in 1977 as she currently does. Obviously there are more wrinkles in her face but other then that she looks the same. She made the same faces during SOTM. As she is in that video
Thank YOU. I love that video too. I'd love to see Gold dust woman from that show, it's a pity that the man who posted it sort of disappeared. I hope someone else that has the recording one day will share the whole concert.
Stevie aged very naturally, the proof is that she still looks good without make-up.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-04-2015 at 10:17 AM..
Old 02-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=SisterNightroad;1160058] I simply answered ironically.
/QUOTE]

so did i
Old 02-04-2015, 12:13 PM

Default American and European humor can't understand each other

[QUOTE=olive;1160068]
Quote:
I simply answered ironically.
/QUOTE]

so did I
Oh, I'm sorry, I just didn't want this:

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-04-2015 at 02:58 PM..
Old 02-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=SisterNightroad;1160071]
Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post

Oh, I'm sorry, I just didn't want this:

you had me confuse with the others
Old 02-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for posting this awesome series of Rhiannon clips, especially this one I went to their Melbourne Rock arena concert, & lucky to of made it all the way to the front. It was fantastic!!!
Old 02-06-2015, 05:07 AM

Default Happy Reaction Gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Thank you for posting this awesome series of Rhiannon clips, especially this one I went to their Melbourne Rock arena concert, & lucky to of made it all the way to the front. It was fantastic!!!
You're welcome!

Do you remember something of your experience?

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-06-2015 at 08:26 AM..
Old 02-07-2015, 04:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
17 Reasons This 'Rhiannon' Clip Is the Coolest Thing in the Universe

1 This relatively new video has been retrieved from the vaults of the Paste.com site more or less a year and a half ago, and records a Rhiannon performance from the first tour of the new Fleetwood Mac formation with Buckingham-Nicks. It's black and white but very clear and with a vintage allure. I hope more footage like this from the early days comes out.

2 The performance it's a concentrated of Rhiannon: starts ex-abrupto, right in the middle of Lindsey's guitar solo and your ears are blasted. It's unbelievable that in the Rolling Stone list of the best guitarists of the time he is only 100th.

3 Lindsey is handsome with his beautiful curly hair and silk blouse.

4 Right after we see Christine that's very into the performance. She look gorgeous.

5 The first impression we have of Stevie is that of a graceful shadow bound in very light and see-through fabrics. She's already just captivating.

6 Next her image appears blending perfectly with that of Christine: a beautiful woman dancing with silky butterfly wings.

7 Stevie still performs in her clothes, this is before her Margi Kent uniform. Even so she looks like a mystical legendary creature. Can you believe you could have seen her on the streets dress like this?

Quote:
8 She starts chanthe same line with very little variations; it's the calm before the storm and her voice gradually becomes higher and stronger

9 We finally see her (beautiful) face. She has closed her eyes savoring the moment that's about to come.ting
10 The song grows increasingly faster and harder and Stevie, always with closed eyes, repeats the same summoning line moving her fabrics like a shaman.

11 Mick is pounding frantically, keeping the band going.

Quote:
12 Stevie shouts Rhiannon's name shaking her beautiful hair; she's near her breaking point.
13 Now she completely let go of herself, shaking her hair, stomping her feet, flapping her silks and shouting to 'please be taken to the sky' nearly straining her voice.

14 Stevie almost seem to command the listener to dream on. During a performance like this it's impossible not to dream, she's making her audience dream.

15 Stevie turns her back exausted near the end, and then lean herself on the microphone after a look at the other bandmates. All the band is putting a massive effort.

16 It ends with one last powerful scream and then she collaps with a reference to The Dying Swan.

17 Stevie rises again in a swirl of veils and thanks the audience with crystalline voice. She takes a last bewitching glance at the camera and smiles.
Not to sound perverted or anything,but this really sounds like the big "O".I have often wondered if that has ever happened to her onstage because she is so in the moment.Now THAT would be a great question to ask at a Q &A....
Old 02-07-2015, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
Not to sound perverted or anything,but this really sounds like the big "O".I have often wondered if that has ever happened to her onstage because she is so in the moment.Now THAT would be a great question to ask at a Q &A....
Would you really have the gut to ask her if she's ever had an orgasm on stage?
Yeah, Bombaysapphires even said "I feel like I should lie back and light a cigarette after all that".
Sometimes I think I should really get a boyfriend.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:50 AM

Default my favorite Rhiannon is every Rhiannon: part7

17 Reasons This 'Rhiannon' Clip Is the Coolest Thing in the Universe

1 This performance takes place at the Capitol Centre of Largo in the August 1978, during the "Penguin Country Summer Safari Tour". This is probably the worst quality video we have but it still portrays a great show. This Youtube channel uploaded most of the circulating videos of the show, I hope some new will be pulled out sooner or later: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDi...384aUtw/videos

2 The 1978 summer tour happens after that Fleetwood Mac have started the recording of the Tusk album in the early 1978. They test new material on the tour, namely Sisters of the moon, but also the new Lindsey's musical influences start to show themselves in a new way playing: this tour has a rougher, harder sound than the Rumours tour.

3 Stevie starts the song in an unusual way: "This is a song about a lady from Wales".

4 In this period Stevie changed style because she was suspected of witchcraft; I personally love her style during this period because Stevie's wardrobe shone with colors: violet and burgundy shawls with golden arabesque patterns, white, red, pale-blue and pink dresses and multicolors scarves. This is the first time in video that Stevie doesn't wear a black Rhiannon dress: the video doesn't permit to discern, she could be wearing her white, pink, pale-blue or red dress with her white or black feathered head-dress.

5 Stevie whistles her armonies on the Rhiannon chorus instead of singing them, just as during the Tusk tour. During this tour, and also for the Majority of the Tusk tour Stevie's voice suffered and started to drastically change: she couldn't reach her highest notes anymore and tried to force her voice down during her live performances. A Rolling Stone review of their 1978 Philadelphia show stated: "the band is better off in concert when she shuts her mouth and whirls around the stage. Nicks sounded consistently weak vocally and apparently uninterested in the old material. Whole sections of the show, especially the one starting with "Dreams," were ruined by her lackluster vocals. She had to be saved repeatedly by Christine McVie’s backup harmonies, which were embarrassingly more tuneful and responsive to the arrangements than Nicks’."

6 "Rhiannon you cry but she's gone and your life knows no promise, still your life it's haunted" at 2:16 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz5h3g-_N9w#t=136)

7 For the first time Lindsey is portrayed in video with short hair. This will become his signature Tusk look.

8 Lindsey's guitar solo is a taste of his future Tusk Rhiannons, with a preference for distorted sounds over the clean and melodic sounds of the Rumours tour.

9 Stevie begins her Rhiannon dance, this time flapping her silk sleeves one after another and then adding a twirl. With her back to the audience, she spreads her silk wings and lets the wind wave them.

10 Now Stevie turns again to face the audience; with her head down, slowly rising while fluctuating her veils, she starts her chant, even if a little out of tune: "Dreams unwind love's a state of mind..."

11 Stevie progressively opens her arms unveiling her face and singing ponderously. Nonetheless she keeps going with a genuine smile on her face ready to unleash her Rhiannon rage.

12 Stevie grabs her microphone, chanting while stomping her feet, and then crouches, pointing in every direction while shrieking: "All the same...all the same, Rhiannon"

13 Now Stevie slowly rises, throwing one of her sleeves behind her back and screaming while beckoning at the sky with her hand: "Emerald, golden, cold white, take me with you to the sky"

14 During her last, long, fatigued cry, Stevie lift her arms above her head opening them wide.

15 Rapidly Stevie takes off her feathered headdress and rotates it in the air with a roar.

16 Mick marks the end of the song with his drum roll, and Stevie makes herself fall on the floor graciously while twirling the haiddress in her hand in the air .

17 When she raises, Stevie thanks the public with a deep bow that shakes her long hair.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-11-2015 at 07:55 AM..
Old 02-07-2015, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Would you really have the gut to ask her if she's ever had an orgasm on stage?
Yeah, Bombaysapphires even said "I feel like I should lie back and light a cigarette after all that".
Sometimes I think I should really get a boyfriend.
To answer your question -NO WAY would I ask her about the big "O"!It was just a thought.....Plus I'm sure she would have a few choice words for me - I can hear her now -"Who in the f**k do you think you are?Where do you get the balls?!"And I would ask her "Would you say that to Bob Dylan?"BTW,I think I need to get a little friend too
Old 02-07-2015, 09:42 AM

Default St. Valentine's stink must be in the air...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
To answer your question -NO WAY would I ask her about the big "O"!It was just a thought.....Plus I'm sure she would have a few choice words for me - I can hear her now -"Who in the f**k do you think you are?Where do you get the balls?!"And I would ask her "Would you say that to Bob Dylan?"BTW,I think I need to get a little friend too

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-07-2015 at 10:13 AM..
Old 02-11-2015, 05:08 AM

Default my favorite Rhiannon is every Rhiannon: part8

13 Reasons This 'Rhiannon' Clip Is the Coolest Thing in the Universe

1 This very short Rhiannon is from the Los Angeles Tusk Tour Rehearsals held the 19 October 1979. The footage is cut at the end but is a good quality recording with some good close-ups.

2 The performance in itself is not outstanding but it is interesting as it shows the band in a close and neat studio setting without the disturbances of the live setting.

3 This performance is very similar to the first performances of the Tusk Tour but it lacks that sort of edginess that Rhiannon will gain especially during 1980. It's an interesting piece of evidence of the band's sound evolution during the Tusk period.

4 Stevie is showing the first symptoms of the vocal strain that will affect her for big part of the Tusk Tour.

5 In this video Stevie wears the shawl that in 2013 gave to Lily Rabe/Misty Day on American Horror Story: Coven. It's not so easy to distinguish especially the colors, but looking closely we can see the flower pattern has the same forms.

6 "She rings a bell like a bell through the night" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwJY-2SAHrA#t=28

7 In this video we have the first taste of the "Tusk bun". Maybe not everyone knows that this was once deemed the Best rock female hairdo, " Curly short bangs fronting a giant bun. That single hairstyle embodied late 1970s America, from disco to the fight for the Equal Rights Amendment it was party in front, suffragist in back"

8 The incitement hand gesture she does at 0:56 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwJY-2SAHrA#t=56) towards Lindsey or Mick, like saying "keep it up!".

9 After the instigation Stevie sings livelier and even starts stomping her legs adorably one after the other.

10 We also have a first glimpse of Lindsey's definitive Tusk look; the hair was already short for the 1978 tour but now he wears sartorial pants and a blue shirt matching the color of his eyes. Probably I'm one of the few ladies that favours his look during the Tusk period, but I really find Lindsey more attractive with short hair and a handssome suit. In fact I find any man more attractive with a suit. I hate the make-up he did on most of the 1980 dates though.

11 Stevie-Christine intense eye action at 2:05 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwJY-2SAHrA#t=125)

12 Stevie's sensuous swinging motion after that she turns again forward.

13 Stevie's leaning down, preparing for the shout that precedes Lindsey's guitar solo, right before the video shuts down.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-11-2015 at 06:42 AM..