Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wonder Woman gets her due...

Finally, a trailer for the direct-to-DVD animated Wonder Woman film.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810036252/video/9069426

It's PG-13 and features the voices of Keri Russell as Wonder Woman, Nathan Fillion as Steve Trevor, Virginia Madsen as Hypolyta, Oliver Platt as Hades, David McCallum as Zeus, Alfred Molina as Ares, and Rosario Dawson as Artemis.

Also this week, Warner announced plans to move forward with the Justice League live-action film that was delayed because of the writer's strike. It will commence filming next year with director George Miller (Mad Max trilogy, etc.). Megan Gale will play Wonder Woman. Common plays Green Lantern. Some of the parts (Superman, Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and The Martian Manhunter) are being recast. Christian Bale is not in the film, nor is Brandon Routh who just starred as Superman.)

Photobucket
Old 08-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustOrphan View Post
Finally, a trailer for the direct-to-DVD animated Wonder Woman film.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810036252/video/9069426

It's PG-13 and features the voices of Keri Russell as Wonder Woman, Nathan Fillion as Steve Trevor, Virginia Madsen as Hypolyta, Oliver Platt as Hades, David McCallum as Zeus, Alfred Molina as Ares, and Rosario Dawson as Artemis.

Also this week, Warner announced plans to move forward with the Justice League live-action film that was delayed because of the writer's strike. It will commence filming next year with director George Miller (Mad Max trilogy, etc.). Megan Gale will play Wonder Woman. Common plays Green Lantern. Some of the parts (Superman, Batman, The Flash, Aquaman and The Martian Manhunter) are being recast. Christian Bale is not in the film, nor is Brandon Routh who just starred as Superman.)

Photobucket

LOL. I just watched this trailer about 10 times! Can't believe someone posted it here! I was really disappointed in New Frontiers and Gotham Knight, but judging from the trailer, Wonder Woman looks awesome! I have my doubts about the Justice League live action film. I'm not sure it will ever see the light of day, and that might not be a bad thing. If it were to do poorly it could hurt many of the planned independent DC Hero films, which include a live action Wonder Woman. Then again, if it were to do well, it could springboard future projects. Guess we'll have to see.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustOrphan View Post

Unlike most comic book movies, at least this one has a good director!

Though, as always, I wish it were being directed by Joseph Kahn.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Great Hera!!

More Wonder Fans on The Ledge??!!! I though JohnnyStew and I were the onlyones.

I am so excited about this, I can't even tell you. Especially since Gail Simone (current writer of the comics) is co-writer of the film.

I liked New Frontier, I just wish Diana had a bigger role in the story.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A friend of mine was actually the writer & artist for the Wonder Woman comic book for a period time. I just saw him in Provincetown over July 4th and he said the rough cut of the animated feature was very good.

I wish I could get my hands on Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman screenplay. (He wrote Buffy, Angel & Firefly). Whedon spent 18 months developing the script and the film (he was slated to direct as well), but in early 2007 producer Joel Silver (The Matrix) decided he didn't like Whedon's take and put the film in turnaround.

Now that the Justice League film is a definite, Warner intends to use it as a launch pad for other possible films. George Miller spent nearly a year in development before the writer's strike hit. WETA - F/X company that did Lord of the Rings - is working on the costumes. Locations were already scouted and the studio has a script it claims to love. Miller said the film is ready shoot in 2009 for delivery summer 2010, most likely July 4th.

Dave Dobkin, who directed Wedding Crashers, is directing The Flash. Greg Berlanti is directing Green Lantern from a script by Marc (TV & comic writer) Guggenheim and Michael (writer for TV's Heroes) Green. Both films are scheduled for summer 2010 - most likely May & June.

They're borrowing Marvel's plan. Following up Iron Man and The Hulk - Thor and The First Avenger: Captain America, set for a May 2011 release. The Avengers film - featuring all of the characters, hits two months later in July. It's already been teased with Robert Downey's cameo in The Hulk and Samuel Jackson's end credits cameo in Iron Man. It's all in Marvel's stockholders report.

The Dark Knight has made $400 million in just a few weeks and it's on it's way to being the number #2 all-time money-maker. Iron Man will be the no. 2 film of the year. Spiderman, X-Men, etc. huge money-makers (X-Men Origins: Wolverine for summer 09 and David Goyer, writer of The Dark Knight, is directing X-Men Origins: Magneto for summer 2010.

Good or bad, Hollywood will continue to smoke superheroes like crack until they've exhausted even the most secondary characters and properties.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be interested in seeing Joss Whedon's script also, but I was not knocked out that he was attached to the movie, and not dissapointed that he dropped it. True, his name gave the project a lot of attention, but from listening to him and reading interviews it seemed that he wanted to alter aspects of the character too much for my liking.