Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think Christine should have floated a trial balloon.
"We are prepared to bring back Bekka to sing Gold Dust Woman and Landslide if Stevie does not want to play with us anymore"

That would get her goat
Old 09-27-2016, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think Christine should have floated a trial balloon.
"We are prepared to bring back Bekka to sing Gold Dust Woman and Landslide if Stevie does not want to play with us anymore"

That would get her goat
no Stevie songs on that tour. especially if they slightly change the band name.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-27-2016, 08:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
^^^

I think a Mac album/tour sans Stevie would be really interesting. I'd LOVE to see them in a more intimate venue. But sorry, folks. It's not gonna happen. The label will not get behind that idea. I agree with the above statement (as well as what others have stated before) that Mick and Chris are "goading" Stevie into the project. They are toying with her ego by saying they are going to move on without her. They KNOW she won't let that happen.

Also interesting to see all you people out there calling Stevie a b*tch, selfish, etc for not recording with the Mac and then turning right around and saying "I hope she's not involved. I hope the new album and tour is just the four of them!" Just so that whatever the outcome, whether she participates or not, you'll have SOMETHING to complain about. Ya'll a bunch of trifflin' b*tches on this forum! Just my opinion, of course.

This^^^^^^^^^^
Old 09-27-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no Stevie songs on that tour. especially if they slightly change the band name.
No Stevie songs!!

Dreams
GDW
Rhiannon
SOTM (current version is painful)
Gypsy (boring live version w/ speech that barely resembles truth)
Landslide.. (thank God)
Sara (they could do the instrumental version)!! problem solved...
Old 09-27-2016, 08:30 AM
Registered

maybe they can blow some dry ice fog across the stage to represent her ethereal presence
Old 09-27-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
maybe they can blow some dry ice fog across the stage to represent her ethereal presence
or Lindsey can twirl
Old 09-27-2016, 09:02 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
or Lindsey can twirl
that never ends well
Old 09-27-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
that never ends well
especially if he has a chord on his guitar...
Old 09-27-2016, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
especially if he has a chord on his guitar...
Like when he fell 3 years ago?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fmlbFall613.jpg (77.3 KB, 23 views)
Old 09-27-2016, 10:06 AM

^^^ awesome!!!
Old 09-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I save almost everything on here. Except Stevie pics.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No Stevie songs!!

Dreams
GDW
Rhiannon
SOTM (current version is painful)
Gypsy (boring live version w/ speech that barely resembles truth)
Landslide.. (thank God)
Sara (they could do the instrumental version)!! problem solved...
how refreshing would that be not to have to hear those tired versions of these songs again?

although i love SOTM, almost any version, but FM dropped it in AUS anyway. and i love GDW but it was long. boring and more and more egomaniacal as the last couple of FM tours went along.

so happy that i didn't have to endure Sara on the last tour, so please do not even suggest bringing it back somehow!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-27-2016, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes!!! Dream come true for me to see Buckingham/McVie led line up.
what i absolutely love about this article is that now Fleetwood Mac is actually using the huge wave of their popularity after Christine came back and they had a massive tour to start advertising their upcoming album and tour to show off new tunes. they really should stick with it and do way more of it!

no reason for just SN solo to ride the FM popularity wave while pushing FM on the back burner. they did that with the Dance. instead of putting immediately album while they were riding so high (and more than half of their album was already done - GOS1, they just needed SN parts), they let SN hightail on the wave of FM popularity to work on solo album and tour while FM was still incredibly hot. SN may not be great in PR/advertising but compared to the rest of the band she's pretty spectacular in using opportunities when they open up. SYW should have and could have been out 3 or 4 years earlier. same as this current album.

i really hope they go ahead and stop waiting and these are not just trial balloons they are letting out.

Last edited by elle; 09-27-2016 at 06:52 PM..
Old 09-27-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
what i absolutely love about this article is that now Fleetwood Mac is actually using the huge wave of their popularity after Christine came back and they had a massive tour to start advertising their upcoming album and tour to show off new tunes. they really should stick with it and do way more of it!

no reason for just SN solo to ride the FM popularity wave while pushing FM on the back burner. they did that with the Dance. instead of putting immediately album while they were riding so high (and more than half of their album was already done - GOS1, they just needed SN parts), they let SN hightail on the wave of FM popularity to work on solo album and tour while FM was still incredibly hot. SN may not be great in PR/advertising but compared to the rest of the band she's pretty spectacular in using opportunities when they open up. SYW should have and could have been out 3 or 4 years earlier. same as this current album.

i really hope they go ahead and stop waiting and these are not just trial balloons they are letting out.
I would love for them to do something without her. It would be epic.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I'm also excited about this because Mick and Chris are pulling the Presscord.... Not a word from Lindsey yet. Keep your mouth shut and finish the darn album. let the rest speak in public, LB, and make the music daring and different on the other yet to record 7 tracks.
So, I wonder if Lindsey is not going to do interviews to promote Mirage at all.

It's encouraging is that both Mick and Christine have said it now. So, it seems like they've come to a consensus. Whether it's a bluff or they really intend to do it, I don't know. But at least they all have a game plan. In the 10 Question interview, Christine didn't say anything about doing it without Stevie. I think the shift is hopeful.

Michele