The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There is more drama on this thread then there is currently going on with the band. It's all a great set up to their swan song. The last chapter in a great story.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
There is more drama on this thread then there is currently going on with the band. It's all a great set up their swan song. The last chapter in a great story.
I really doubt that they're ready for their swan songs for 5 more years yet.

Michele
Old 04-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I really doubt that they're ready for their swan songs for 5 more years yet.

Michele

I hope your right...... But I do believe this is their last album and We may see a tour for another year.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I hope your right...... But I do believe this is their last album and We may see a tour for another year.
From the way they talk, they expect to tour through 2015, but that doesn't appear to be the last thing on their agenda. I would expect if health allows that they would be trying to pull something else together for 2018 and then that's when all the farewell talk would come in.

Michele
Old 04-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From the way they talk, they expect to tour through 2015, but that doesn't appear to be the last thing on their agenda. I would expect if health allows that they would be trying to pull something else together for 2018 and then that's when all the farewell talk would come in.

Michele
I don't wish any Ill will on the band but waiting until 2018 for the farewell tour is kind of risky...In the summer of 2018 will a 75 year old Christine be touring? Stevie's has been wearing the Frankenboks again what kind of shape will her feet be in by 2018? And I'm guessing that the farewell tour will be a MASSIVE undertaking so maybe it should happen sooner rather than later...
Old 04-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele

I hope health allows the continuation of the tour and anything else.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
Lindsey would never be involved in an FM project without Stevie. Period. Working with her is what it's all about for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I couldn't disagree more. In fact, I don't think they really like working with each other these days.
While I disagree with the statement that "working with her is what it's all about for him" (because in my opinion he's always been about the quality of the music with the band as a whole ~ his own songs most of all), I also disagree with the statement that "they don't really like working with each other these days."

Stevie would never have asked Linds to play (and sing harmony) on "Soldier's Angel" and he would never have agreed to do it if the above statement were true.

Last edited by sorcerer999; 04-14-2014 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 04-14-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
While I disagree with the statement that "working with her is what it's all about for him" (because in my opinion he's always been about the quality of the music with the band as a whole ~ his own songs most of all), I also disagree with the statement that "they don't really like working with each other these days."

Stevie would never have asked Linds to play (and sing harmony) on "Soldier's Angel" and he would never have agreed to do it if the above statement were true.
I think that their art sometimes calls for certain collaborations yes, but I just don't get a happy vibe from them. I honestly hope I'm wrong. I want a well divided FMac album. And..............I would like them to release a remaster of B/N.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I want a well divided FMac album. And..............I would like them to release a remaster of B/N.
AMEN!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
AMEN!!!
It's so ridiculous they haven't. So many opportunities. It's almost as ridiculous as Christine's 15 year vacation. She could have taken 10 years like LB. lol
Old 04-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It wasn't even that he responded to her request to work with him for two days - he was already hanging around. He did the same with TISL - he was there on at least one other occasion when it had nothing to do with working that we know of. One of the reasons she (and probably him) like SA so much is the callback to Buckingham Nicks, something they hold very dear to them. I think Stevie is wary of a longer term recording process with him but those few days here and there? I think they love/d it.

"So Lindsey came in and played guitar. It's just Lindsey and me. It's very Buckingham Nicks and I think that it's going to be a very serious and important song to the world and I think it's a very serious and important song for Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks because it sounds like Buckingham Nicks. Because it is."

"We recorded it live and did some harmonies, and then he did some little lead guitar things and it was perfect," Nicks says. "There's no other players, just me and him. Not only did we create something that's probably as Buckingham Nicks as we have been since 1973, but... I think that song really brought Lindsey and I back together. He said to me as he was leaving on that second day, 'I feel like we're closer than we've been in 30 years.' It certainly opens a lot of doors."

Lindsey agreed on the closeness issue, saying at one point it was probably the closest they've been since the early seventies, if I recall correctly.

Music has the ability to harm and injure the relationship, yes, but done right? It's a healer.

But they both feel they’re turned a corner with the duet ‘Soldier’s Angel’ off her In Your Dreams album, released yesterday. Buckingham says, “You don’t want things to end in any other than a positive and unified way. So I was quite happy to see that come about.” ... Could this lead to another Buckingham Nicks album? Eight years ago, Buckingham said he’d be up for it, and Stevie now says, “Maybe Lindsey and I will go off and rent a house in Wales and do a Buckingham Nicks album. I have no idea, but I do know the music will continue."

Two solitary days working together, my arse...

“I spent a lot of time with Stevie when she was making her solo album this last year and we spent a lot of really nice quality time…”

"I’ve spent a good deal of time with Stevie in the last year and we’re getting along, you know, as good or better than we’ve ever gotten along”

"You know, she has an album out as well and we spent a good deal of time together…”

"I knew Stevie was working on a solo album and I called up and I said, ‘Is there anything I can do?’ So I started going over there and hanging out, and we just had the best time. You know, I’ve known her since I was in high school. You would think that at this point in our lives together, the road we’ve been down, that there would be nothing left to figure out, nothing left to work out, nothing left to evolve, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I think it’s very sweet that there are still some chapters left for Stevie and me."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 04-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's so ridiculous they haven't. So many opportunities. It's almost as ridiculous as Christine's 15 year vacation. She could have taken 10 years like LB. lol
I wonder when Christine began feeling differently. By the time she went to Hawaii, I think she already knew she wanted back in, so the thought must have formed prior to that? It's too bad she didn't start telling people until 2013. If she had those feelings in 2011, something could have been done earlier.

Although I enjoyed the Live 2013 shows and I especially enjoyed seeing her in London -- which was extremely exciting because I thought was once in a lifetime -- I almost feel like the 2013 tour was a wasted one that has done nothing but gum up the works for future plans. What I mean is, I think last year's tour has weakened this one. And the EP -- I don't want those songs to be redone, but they could have been done better originally, if we'd known then what we know now.

Michele
Old 04-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder when Christine began feeling differently. By the time she went to Hawaii, I think she already knew she wanted back in, so the thought must have formed prior to that? It's too bad she didn't start telling people until 2013. If she had those feelings in 2011, something could have been done earlier.

Although I enjoyed the Live 2013 shows and I especially enjoyed seeing her in London -- which was extremely exciting because I thought was once in a lifetime -- I almost feel like the 2013 tour was a wasted one that has done nothing but gum up the works for future plans. What I mean is, I think last year's tour has weakened this one. And the EP -- I don't want those songs to be redone, but they could have been done better originally, if we'd known then what we know now.

Michele
I agree whole-heartedly.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Originally posted by Michelej1
Quote:
And the EP -- I don't want those songs to be redone, but they could have been done better originally, if we'd known then what we know now.
I think "Sad Angel" and "It Takes Time" could be revisited for the album. I'm fond of them both as they are, but think improvements could be made, particularly with Christine on board.

I am nervous about Stevie's eventual contributions - her songwriting and vocal abilities continue to regress with time so I don't expect anything wondrous from her. That ship has sailed.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Yeah, she did say in one of the recent interviews that she'd gotten the idea that she might want to come back about 2 years ago. Now 2 years from when exactly, I'm not sure.