Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Not really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Damn, youre only about 37 years too late or you couldve been in the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles!
I'll recreate that scene tonight when my cats gather on the bed to sleep..."Payback" is coming their way....P.U.!!!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Registered

Tonight at the Gilt Club/Portland: Painted hills hanger steak with Yukon gold potato, oxtail, wild mushrooms, and smoked onion relish.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post

Tonight at the Gilt Club/Portland: Painted hills hanger steak with Yukon gold potato, oxtail, wild mushrooms, and smoked onion relish.
That looks gorgeous, my mouth is watering - I want that plate of steak and all, right now

I have just put a Lancashire Hotpot in the oven to slow cook all day ready for dinner tonight, served with red cabbage - a traditional recipe from my home county.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
That looks gorgeous, my mouth is watering - I want that plate of steak and all, right now

I have just put a Lancashire Hotpot in the oven to slow cook all day ready for dinner tonight, served with red cabbage - a traditional recipe from my home county.
Especially the pink part! I'm sorry, there is no such thing as steak that is TOO rare. I hate it when the waiter feels like I have to be warned, that "rare" means it might be cool in the middle, and pink. No sh*t, Sherlock!!! I tell em to send it down to the tanning bed for a couple of minutes, then slap it's ass on my plate!

What's in your Hotpot, besides the cabbage? Sounds good. I love cabbage.

I'm making Chile Relleno tonight. Got that poblano peppers roasting, now!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Especially the pink part! I'm sorry, there is no such thing as steak that is TOO rare. I hate it when the waiter feels like I have to be warned, that "rare" means it might be cool in the middle, and pink. No sh*t, Sherlock!!! I tell em to send it down to the tanning bed for a couple of minutes, then slap it's ass on my plate!

The only time I'll even entertain the thought of eating steak is if it's well done. Charred to a crisp is about all I can stomach. I should probably just pass on the steak all together.

Tonight I'll just pass on eating. I've been so depressed lately everything tastes like sawdust. I'm 5'8 almost 5'9 and about a 114 pounds. My Dr. is none too pleased, but I don't give two sh*ts about that.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
The only time I'll even entertain the thought of eating steak is if it's well done. Charred to a crisp is about all I can stomach. I should probably just pass on the steak all together.

Tonight I'll just pass on eating. I've been so depressed lately everything tastes like sawdust. I'm 5'8 almost 5'9 and about a 114 pounds. My Dr. is none too pleased, but I don't give two sh*ts about that.
Yeah, you don't LIKE steak. You like shoe leather. Bleck. I can eat it raw. Whenever Mom used to make beef stew, she'd have to run me out of the kitchen, because I was eating up all the raw, cubed beef.
I.love.steak.

I'm sorry that you're still feeling down. That is pretty thin, but not scary thin. I'm 5'10", and 138. Not skinny, but definitely thin. And it's a constant daily effort, to remain this weight!
I hope you feel better, soon. I'd actually been down, the past few days, then something awesome happened last night, and I'm back on top.
Chin up. Find the awesomeness in yourself!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Many thanks for the encouraging words, Homie. I appreciate it.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
^^^

Many thanks for the encouraging words, Homie. I appreciate it.
I mean them.
I do believe that happiness is out there, for all of us. We just have to find it. I've never found the exact happiness that I'm looking for, but I remain forever optimistic!
I just keep trying, and finding the beauty in the people around me. Good friends are everything. I take care of my friends, which lifts me up, in doing so.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Me and the husband love our steaks rare, y'know just show the pan to the meat!

We have some friends who like their steaks cremated - what a waste, it takes them ages to hack off a bitesize chunk.

Lancashire Hotpot is a simple dish but really tasty, its one of those dishes that gets tastier the longer its cooked or warmed up the day after - except that we never have any left to warm up the day after And I wonder why I can't lose weight!

It's basically bitesize pieces of lamb (which go melt-in-the-mouth tender if cooked for around 4 hours) with lamb stock, onions and carrots, all topped with slices of potato which go nice and crisp on top and fluffy underneath. The cabbage is served as a side along with some mint sauce.

It's funny cos my Mum's tastes different from mine yet they're basically the same but both fantastic!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Me and the husband love our steaks rare, y'know just show the pan to the meat!

We have some friends who like their steaks cremated - what a waste, it takes them ages to hack off a bitesize chunk.

Lancashire Hotpot is a simple dish but really tasty, its one of those dishes that gets tastier the longer its cooked or warmed up the day after - except that we never have any left to warm up the day after And I wonder why I can't lose weight!

It's basically bitesize pieces of lamb (which go melt-in-the-mouth tender if cooked for around 4 hours) with lamb stock, onions and carrots, all topped with slices of potato which go nice and crisp on top and fluffy underneath. The cabbage is served as a side along with some mint sauce.

It's funny cos my Mum's tastes different from mine yet they're basically the same but both fantastic!
What a waste, indeed. Any steak cooked beyond medium, is(was) just a WASTE of money. Buy yourself some damned hamburger, and fry that sh*t til it tastes like a shoe!

Damn, that Hotpot sounds delicious!

No one makes anything the same. I personally, tend to spice my sh*t up so hot, that no one else can touch it! If I'm not sweating, it's not hot enough!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What a waste, indeed. Any steak cooked beyond medium, is(was) just a WASTE of money. Buy yourself some damned hamburger, and fry that sh*t til it tastes like a shoe!

Damn, that Hotpot sounds delicious!

No one makes anything the same. I personally, tend to spice my sh*t up so hot, that no one else can touch it! If I'm not sweating, it's not hot enough!
We have the most fantastic Indian restaurant near us - we go probably every three weeks or so.

Nothing less than a Vindaloo will do - a curry is no use unless the sweat is pouring off you!

You're welcome to pop round and share our Lancashire Hotpot anytime
Old 02-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Currently...

cooking a pot roast (with potatoes, carrots & onions) since I wanted something different for dinner (and eventual leftovers) .

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We have the most fantastic Indian restaurant near us - we go probably every three weeks or so.

Nothing less than a Vindaloo will do - a curry is no use unless the sweat is pouring off you!

You're welcome to pop round and share our Lancashire Hotpot anytime
Stop stealing my tastebuds!
I had to Wiki Hotpot yesterday, and Vindaloo today! I love curry dishes! And yes to the sweat! When a Thai restaurant has a "hot scale" of 1-5, I always get at least a 4! And then I usually have the red pepper sauce on the side, so I can turn the 4, into a 5, if it's not melting me enough! I want to be drenched in sweat, when I leave!

Sounds good. I'd like that!
Now, thanks to you, I've got to make something curried, for dinner!

Edit - so I diced up a boneless, skinless chicken thigh, sauteed it, then added some stir fry vegetables, roasted red peppers, and green curry sauce, from Trader Joes. Over a small bed of rice. Mmmm.....

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 02-25-2011 at 06:33 PM..
Old 02-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pizza from scratch! And it's yummy!
Red sauce, sausage, feta, spinach, red onions, black olives,pineapple, fresh mushrooms, roasted red peppers, jalapenos, and mozzarella!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've been forced by my parentals to start eating "like a normal person" instead of my cereal routine, so tonight I had Vegetarian Sausages and Mashed Potatos with Parsnips. The Cat enjoyed my leftovers, of which there was plenty.