The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not really. I would much prefer another BuckVie tour accompanying another duo album from the two of them.

Stevie should continue with solo touring. That makes her fans happy.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't mind a quick story. But that Gypsy story was nails on a chalkboard. I did like the story after the show about how her spirit catcher brought Christine back..
Dear lort!

Wanna know WHY I hate her? THAT STORY is why I hate her! "Her spirit catcher brought Christine back".

What a freaking loon!
Old 11-22-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Not really. I would much prefer another BuckVie tour accompanying another duo album from the two of them.

Stevie should continue with solo touring. That makes her fans happy.
I wouldn't mind a solo album from Stevie. Not re-hashed demos.. but new writing. I bet it would be good.

No more 24 Karen Gold
Old 11-22-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Dear lort!

Wanna know WHY I hate her? THAT STORY is why I hate her! "Her spirit catcher brought Christine back".

What a freaking loon!
She does love to make everything about her.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's the big draw. The bulk of the audience is there for her and for her fake interactions with Lindsey and for her dream catcher and gypsy stories and for her shawls. And she can still put on a good show--just not a terribly creative or innovative one. I WAS surprised and pleased about "Gold Dust Woman" from the On With the Show tour. But I could live a full and happy life if I never heard them play Landslide, Dreams, Never Going Back Again and Songbird again. The whole setlist has become so tiresome.

Not so with the Buckvie tours. And no so when Stevie is on her own. "They're better off apart, let's give it a try..."
Old 11-22-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Stevie's the big draw. The bulk of the audience is there for her and for her fake interactions with Lindsey and for her dream catcher and gypsy stories and for her shawls. And she can still put on a good show--just not a terribly creative or innovative one. I WAS surprised and pleased about "Gold Dust Woman" from the On With the Show tour. But I could live a full and happy life if I never heard them play Landslide, Dreams, Never Going Back Again and Songbird again. The whole setlist has become so tiresome.

Not so with the Buckvie tours. And no so when Stevie is on her own. "They're better off apart, let's give it a try..."
What's nice is the medium and low draw. That BuckVie show in front of 6K at a crazy sold out Greek was unreal. I paid $150 out the door for a few rows back and I can't remember enjoying a show that much.

Big draws are great for the 75 Million pay off, but it doesn't necessarily inform the music. You get a big screen and over priced seats. And the promoters pay for the setlist blah...

I think BuckVie are on to something. They still get albums and have a cult following.. it's PERFECT..
Old 11-22-2017, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not excited at all about another Fleetwood Mac tour. The only thing I'd find interesting is if they confirmed they'd headline the Glastonbury festival. I'll probably go but I'll only shell out for cheap seats... no breaking the bank this time.
Otherwise I'd be much more excited if BuckVie brought their show to the UK. For that I would go all out for good tickets.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-22-2017, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I hate to say this. I saw Stevie solo in 2017 and Buckingham McVie solo in 2017. Each concert was incredible. One complaint about each performance. Stevie cutting 2 of her most epic verses ever written from Edge of 17 and no Christine solo work on the Buck/McVie tour. But each concert was excellent. Maybe they truly are better off apart
Old 11-22-2017, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I hate to say this. I saw Stevie solo in 2017 and Buckingham McVie solo in 2017. Each concert was incredible. One complaint about each performance. Stevie cutting 2 of her most epic verses ever written from Edge of 17 and no Christine solo work on the Buck/McVie tour. But each concert was excellent. Maybe they truly are better off apart
Of course they are. As the years go by Stevie becomes more and more insufferable. She used to be very gracious about Lindsey, not anymore. You notice how he doesn't go down to her level? Some will be mad at me for what I am saying but she brought all the negativity on this board on herself.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Of course they are. As the years go by Stevie becomes more and more insufferable. She used to be very gracious about Lindsey, not anymore. You notice how he doesn't go down to her level? Some will be mad at me for what I am saying but she brought all the negativity on this board on herself.
as our resident Lindsey-hater mitzo would say: he can do no wrong.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-22-2017, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
He never went down to her level. She does what she does to catch his attention. I think he used to care about it. Since BuckVie, not anymore. And that's what bothers her.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
as our resident Lindsey-hater mitzo would say: he can do no wrong.
Lol not a hater, Elle, just feeling that neither Stevie nor Lindsey are victims or perfect.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Lol not a hater, Elle, just feeling that neither Stevie nor Lindsey are victims or perfect.
I definitely agree with that. Both are far from perfect. All we can do now is enjoy what's left of their time here making music for us fans.

It's true...
Old 11-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
don't think you'll find much disagreement with that on this board (that's why band member worshipers hate it here!).

and, we all know only Christine is Perfect!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-22-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
don't think you'll find much disagreement with that on this board (that's why band member worshipers hate it here!).

and, we all know only Christine is Perfect!
You bet your stuffed turkey she is!