User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:00 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
I personally believe that Warner's has not released those songs from '68 to 74 because they have a boxed set to sell and until that's done , those songs won't be released.

I also must add that Clifford Davis/Adams has no control over the masters being released on I tunes or any other form of download.
Well I Highly Doubt it's Warners Fault! Fleetwood Mac Wants To Get Rid of the 1971-1974 Era.

To Mick, There Was 2 Eras. Of Fleetwood Mac
  • Blues Era
  • Rumours Era

Sadly, Not One of Bob's Singles with FM Charted
Old 03-24-2014, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^And Warner's does not control a good bulk of the blues-era stuff.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Blues Era

Who do you think controls it!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Blues Era

Who do you think controls it, if not Warner's /Reprise?
Old 03-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who do you think controls it, if not Warner's /Reprise?
I think the blues era material is actually owned by Sony. It was on Blue Horizon, which was a subsidiary of CBS. CBS is now a part of Sony. The first two Fleetwood Mac records released in the United States were on Epic. After the label went defunct in 1971, and Fleetwood Mac became superstars in 1975, Squire Records, which is a subsidiary of Warners, released the recordings in the United States only. I think the mechanicals are still owned by Mike Vernon from Blue Verizon.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-25-2014, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think the blues era material is actually owned by Sony. It was on Blue Horizon, which was a subsidiary of CBS. CBS is now a part of Sony. The first two Fleetwood Mac records released in the United States were on Epic. After the label went defunct in 1971, and Fleetwood Mac became superstars in 1975, Squire Records, which is a subsidiary of Warners, released the recordings in the United States only. I think the mechanicals are still owned by Mike Vernon from Blue Verizon.
FWIW, the "Complete Blue Horizon Sessions" box set looks like it was a joint release by Sire (which is owned by Warner) and Blue Horizon. The box states "Marketed and distributed by Sire Records Inc. under exclusive license for the USA and Canada," although the individual CDs state "Blue Horizon Records for the USA and Canada and Sony Music Enertainment (UK) Ltd. for the world outside the USA and Canada."

The collection of the band's three Blue Horizon albums here is listed under Sony UK:
www.amazon.com/Original-Album-Classics-Fleetwood-Mac/dp/B0030BCCB6/

Similarly, The Best of Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac was released under the Columbia Europe label, which is owned by Sony:
www.amazon.com/The-Best-Peter-Greens-Fleetwood/dp/B000075AJ1/
...although this collection also includes some tracks from their Warner releases, presumably licensed from them to appear on this collection.

And then other releases from the Peter Green period have come out on other labels including Castle, Snapper, and Receiver.

Don't know if that makes things more clear or just the opposite!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Welch Fleetwood Mac publishing

Right now I am just trying to find out who is being paid publishing for Bob's first four albums with FM. All the companies I have contacted deny ownership, including the one listed on ASCAP. It has been a nightmare for me, and very difficult to close probate without it. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. I've been to Europe and back.

Everytime I get on a roll, I get sick again, and am doing everything myself. I just had heart surgery again about 3 weeks ago, and was hospitalized with heart failure and copd a year ago last November and two weeks after Bob died, I caught pneumonia and had two relapses all the way thru September leaving me on 24 hour oxygen. I don't talk about my health much, but actually I could use all the help I can get with this publishing problem. It's very difficult to pay attorneys right now since I have not been able to close probate and get the money out yet.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry, Wendy, that you're having to try to deal with all this legal stuff...

And to say that I(or most of us, or "you" even) have ANY clue on dealing with all the legal mumbo jumbo. Especially given your health concerns lately. I know it's frustrating....I'm sorry. I hope it gets better, and some resolution is found, soon.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is there a more shady business than the music business?

Elvis Presley Enterprises (E.P.E) have been in a constant fight
with the record companies since Elvis died. The argument
seems to stem from artist(s) not having foreseen of what is
now legal downloading of their music. They signed away
something that was not in existence when the contracts
were originally signed.

E.P.E. has won some of these cases domestically. Now they're
going after some European record companies. This case, if won
will not only benefit Elvis' heirs, but many other artists and their
families.

These cases take time and much money. Wendy, you hang in
there. I hope you get what you deserve. And that includes peace
of mind.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Personally, I want to think "What's the big deal?" The R & R Hall of fame has numerous 'snubs' including the previously mentioned Doug Yule (which is ridiculous) and the fact that they decided to wait a year to induct The Dave Clark Five so they could induct a hip hop group or someone of that nature, while Mike Smith (their lead singer) passed away in the meantime missing his last time in the spotlight. The R & R Hall of Fame is a (you-know-what) stain according to Johnny Rotten and I happen to agree. So, Bob Welch isn't the only one who had been snubbed. All that being said, if it was his wish to be in the Hall, I fully support and hope for the best regarding Wendy Welch's crusade to get him in. I imagine it will happen one day when Christine is no longer needed by Mick, probably when the band hangs it up for good.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Amen re: Christine

But that won't happen anytime soon.

It was not so much about the Hall of Fame, but the fact that she didn't want him in vindictively and Mick went along with it. That is what hurt Bob. It was NOT the HofF that didn't let him in, but his own band. Disgraceful and very hurtful to Bob who was always so loyal to them.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But that won't happen anytime soon.

It was not so much about the Hall of Fame, but the fact that she didn't want him in vindictively and Mick went along with it. That is what hurt Bob. It was NOT the HofF that didn't let him in, but his own band. Disgraceful and very hurtful to Bob who was always so loyal to them.
Wendy, I understand what you are saying. And, I kind of agree with it. However, I also understand why Christine would have been miffed by the lawsuit, and not wanted Bob anywhere near the ceremony.

At the end of the day, the six people who were on the stage were the hit makers for the band. However, in light of the Kiss induction, I'm not sure how much influence the band actually had. So Christine said that she would not go up on stage with Bob. Whatever. I'm not sure he was actually ever going to be inducted. I'm not sure I really care what Mick says at this point.

By the way, I am the one who broke to the Fleetwood Mac newsgroup at the time that Bob Welch and the others were not going to be included, and it really pissed me off. I had a weird hunch he'd be left out based on other bands, such as Jefferson Airplane. The Hall of Fame is a joke.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

If the RRHOF is what some people are saying it is, why is there so much clamouring for its imprimatur?

Last edited by jeremy spencer; 03-28-2014 at 05:21 PM..
Old 03-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
If the RRHOF is what some people are saying it is, why is there so much clamouring for its imprimatur?
I Believe Some People (Wendy Welch, etc.) Feel Better If He's Included Too.

Of Course, You Were Included Because You Were A Founder and You Were Part of The Very Popular Blues Era. Of Fleetwood Mac.

(PS Jeremy, LOVE Your New Album!)
Old 03-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
Because it used to be amazing. The induction ceremonies were epic moments in the pantheon of rock history.

But then a long series of snubs ensued, and it's become a huge punchline ever since.

THE Stephen Hopkins