User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
SteveMacD, I owe you an apology. You are absolutely right about the release date of "Heroes". I am so sorry, I got confused over the fact that it was five albums and not five years. Please accept my apology.
Accepted. I get that there's frustration with all of this.

Quote:
But still, I must say you are wrong about Bob's start date with FM and the date he left.
Well, what ARE the dates? I've ventured to guess Bob joined sometime between late March to early May, without ever having seen a specific date, based solely on the FACT that Peter Green was with them until at least last March to finish the "Kiln House" tour, and that Bob's first gig was in very early June. That doesn't leave a whole lot of time, a month or two at most, which borders on minutiae. Bottom line: we fans know that Peter was playing with them in late winter/early spring and that Bob was playing live with them in early June. So, sometime between those two events Bob must've joined.

As for when he left, I'm not backing down on that one. Bob never played or had any intentions of playing with Fleetwood Mac as a member after December 31, 1974, which is the date they asked Lindsey and Stevie to join. If there's any proof to suggest otherwise, I'd love to see it. If there's anything to suggest Bob had any intentions of being in the band with Buckingham and Nicks, please show it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^so, to return to the original point of contention, Bob's tenure with Fleetwood Mac lasted anywhere from 3.5 to 3.75 years, which is what you surmised earlier.

Anyway one slices it, Bob accomplished A LOT in those years. Five albums and five or six tours in 3.5 years is incredible.

He wrote 20 originals, sang lead on as many songs (not including Keep On Going, but including his cover vocal of For Your Love), and was active in the production, the arrangements, the band's live presence, and eventually its management. A hell of a legacy.

Neither those 71-74 records nor his solo work would have likely surpassed the 300,000 sales mark without the sudden resurgence of the band in 75-76, but there's no question he contributed mightily to the Mac and kept the flame lit. I would be shocked if anyone who visits this site would disagree with that conclusion.

Again, the suggestion to work at getting the 71-74 material available on iTunes is excellent.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Again, the suggestion to work at getting the 71-74 material available on iTunes is excellent.
and how would you all suggest to go about it, and who should do it? Mick? i have a feeling WBs are not big on listening to their artists.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-20-2014, 08:41 PM
aleuzzi
This message has been deleted by aleuzzi.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Bob never played or had any intentions of playing with Fleetwood Mac as a member after December 31, 1974, which is the date they asked Lindsey and Stevie to join. If there's any proof to suggest otherwise, I'd love to see it. If there's anything to suggest Bob had any intentions of being in the band with Buckingham and Nicks, please show it.
i love this discussion actually. especially considering that Mick, Keith Olsen, Christine, Lindsey and Stevie all seem to have slightly different versions, embellished for better story-telling effect. Wendy says something a bit different now.

so is all we have to go on for what we thought happened their stories or there is something else too?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-20-2014, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and how would you all suggest to go about it, and who should do it? Mick? i have a feeling WBs are not big on listening to their artists.
I am not sure. But if Bob himself was able to get a lot of his solo material on iTunes, I'm sure the band, if they pressed for it, could get the 71-74 material on.

There would have to be some pressure put on Fleetwood and the McVies to do this. Particularly Mick. I think that undertaking would be more worthwhile for Bib's legacy than the RRHOF situation.

That said, if the band changed its mind and asked for Bob to be included retroactively, I'd be thrilled to hear it.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am not sure. But if Bob himself was able to get a lot of his solo material on iTunes, I'm sure the band, if they pressed for it, could get the 71-74 material on.
FWIW, Then Play On and Kiln House are not on iTunes either, so it's not as if there is some kind of effort just to keep out the albums that Bob Welch played on. But I have no idea what the reason is that all these albums are not available on iTunes.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
FWIW, Then Play On and Kiln House are not on iTunes either, so it's not as if there is some kind of effort just to keep out the albums that Bob Welch played on. But I have no idea what the reason is that all these albums are not available on iTunes.
True. I think it's a Warner issue. There is a lot of music from 68-70 but it's all non Warner's.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
True. I think it's a Warner issue. There is a lot of music from 68-70 but it's all non Warner's.
It could also be a Clifford-Mich issue. "Penguin" and MTM were, respectively, the last two albums from the Warner's vault to be reissued on CD back in the very early 1990s.

Still, that's where I see the good fight being.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-20-2014, 10:00 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
"Why would that be?" is only asking the question
Well it isn't just that... which is why I wanted to make it clear. I know it isn't just that because you stated in the past that "Fleetwood Mac runs this site"... which simply isn't true. We have no directive, input, and/or involvement whatsoever from the band or anyone associated with them. We all love Bob, so there's no one here with an agenda behind the scenes hindering you, nor hindering Bob's legacy, or any such thing of that sort. Sweet? Good stuff.

Last edited by mylittledemon; 03-20-2014 at 10:03 PM..
Old 03-20-2014, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i love this discussion actually. especially considering that Mick, Keith Olsen, Christine, Lindsey and Stevie all seem to have slightly different versions, embellished for better story-telling effect. Wendy says something a bit different now.
The one constant, though, is everybody else has maintained that it was New Years Eve, 1974. After that, Bob wasn't really part of the Mac's equation.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-20-2014, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The one constant, though, is everybody else has maintained that it was New Years Eve, 1974. After that, Bob wasn't really part of the Mac's equation.
weren't they all saying forever that they met just once in some mexican restaurant and that was it - one phone call one mexican restaurant meet and they were in... but then Christine recently said that they actually had 2 meetings, once in that mexican restaurant and once at Mick's (i think?) house? and i can't really remember exactly, but i think these 2 meetings were not at exact NYE timeline that we were hearing about forever?

Old 03-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never understood the meetings themselves to be on New Year's Eve. Just that they got the call on NYE. And, the way I understood Christine's comments is that Stevie and Lindsey met at Mick's house before they went to the Mexican restaurant, which is different from the other accounts, but not that different. In all cases, Bob was out on NYE, 1974.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-23-2014, 11:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default So many accusations

I want to make it very clear that I NEVER said that Fleetwood Mac ran this site. Anyone that says that should show me where I said it.

Also in England you should be advised that Reprise Records was Warner Brothers!
Old 03-24-2014, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I want to make it very clear that I NEVER said that Fleetwood Mac ran this site. Anyone that says that should show me where I said it.
You said it here.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...39&postcount=2

Quote:
Why would they close y thread for Bob being regarding Bob being deleted by FM when so many had responses to make. Does tht not tell you who is discrediting who. They must even own this site as well, or why would thread have been closed? Ask yourselves that question. Also, all other sites of FM have deleted Bob Welch's credentials. Doesn't that make you see things in the real light of day/11
Old 03-24-2014, 12:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Mamagement has NO control/ It's Warners

I personally believe that Warner's has not released those songs from '68 to 74 because they have a boxed set to sell and until that's done , those songs won't be released.

I also must add that Clifford Davis/Adams has no control over the masters being released on I tunes or any other form of download.