Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2002, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Bob Welch's Three Hearts album...

Okay, last "review" of the day...LOL

Three Hearts - Nice song.

Oh Jenny - Ok song.

I Saw Her Standing There - I liked his version of this Beatles song, and I don't like em! LOL

Here Comes the Night - Ok song

China - Cool-sounding chorus.."I can hear you call.."

Ghost of Flight 401 - I really like this wierd song! LOL LOVE the guitar in it!!

Precious Love - I LOVE THIS SONG!! I would love to hear Lindsey do this one..yeah right. LOL

Church - I really love this one too!! Cool song!!

Come Softly To Me - Reading the lyrics ahead of time, I had NO idea it was THAT song...until I heard the don, don, don, don, don, dee, doobie, don don...etc...Christine sounds AWESOME on this one!!

Devil Wind - I LOVE the guitar at the beginning!! Stevie sounds AWESOME on this song...and it reminded me of my fave John Stewart song, Midnight Wind!! Stevie likes "wind" songs. LOL

Don't Wait Too Long - That freaking drum (loop??) gets on my dang nerves!! Other than that, I liked the song. Christine's bgv's are haunting...

Little Star - Another one I think LB would sound great doing!! I like it!!

The guitar is AWESOME on this album!! I really love it, and am going to see if I can get it on CD!!
Old 08-14-2002, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I only have four of these tracks on a best of CD. The guitar is very subtle on some and it has taken time to kind of grow on me and amaze. Is Three Hearts on CD then?
Old 08-14-2002, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes...it's available (still, I think) as an import...both "French Kiss" & "Three Hearts" on one CD.

"Three Hearts" definitely followed in the "French Kiss" vein, they almost sound like they were recorded all at once. Even the covers keep a similar theme going.

Some trivial thoughts & facts regarding "Three Hearts":

That little acoustic thing before "Devil Wind" is mainly Todd Sharp (at least, according to Bob's Q&A). I saw Welch a number of times between "French Kiss" and "Man Overboard" albums, Todd is amazing. To this day, his solos on "Future Games" & "Outskirts" from the Universal Amphitheatre show on the "French Kiss" tour give me goosebumps...and that's just from MEMORY...I'd really like to hear a good recording from that show again.

"Don't Wait Too Long" is the re-recorded song originally titled "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait" that was dropped from "Mystery To Me" at the last minute in favor of "For Your Love".

Quote:
I Saw Her Standing There - I liked his version of this Beatles song, and I don't like em! LOL
I just don't understand how ANYONE could NOT like the Beatles. I guess my age is showing.

There were extended 12" single "disco mixes" of "Precious Love" & "Here Comes The Night". The Beach Boys also re-recorded a "disco" version of their 1967 song "Here Comes The Night" for a 12" single...NOT the same song, however.

"China" was written by Bob FOR, and originally recorded BY, Sammy Hagar, on his "Red" album...it was originally titled "China Eyes", but Bob said that he had enough songs with "Eyes" in the title, so he dropped the "Eyes".

"Ghost of Flight 401", Bob said it was the third in his "trilogy" of paranormal songs..."Hypnotized" & "Bermuda Triangle" were the other two. But, there were a few paranormal themed songs on both Paris albums, and subsequent albums, too, but I guess he didn't consider those related to the "three".

"Come Softly To Me"...kind of ironic that Bob Welch & Christine McVie, a couple of members of "Fleetwood Mac", would cover a song originally done by "The Fleetwoods".

As on "French Kiss", Gene Page did the orchestral arrangements for "Three Hearts". He did all the orchestrations for all the early/mid '60's Motown hits, too.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Chilid

Thanks for all that info. I noticed on my MTM black cardboard lyric "sheet" that it has the lyrics for For Your Love, but it also had listed that the number 11 track was gonna be Good Things.. I was gonna ask about that but you answered before I could ask. LOL

About the Beatles...no, you aren't showing your age. I have just never liked em much, never thought they were really all that and a bag of Doritos (Mmmm...Doritos..I'm hungry!! LOL). It's just my opinion. My "fave" song of theirs is "Secret", is that even the name of the song? LOL "Listen, do da doo, do you want to know a secret..." I mean, it's not like POWERHOUSE lyrics, it's a little pop ditty, but it's got some cool harmonies in it, I'll give em that.