User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 09:57 AM
Junior Ledgie

Question Help!!

I am doing a presentation about blues music for my music history class, and I was wondering if anyone on here could give me a break down of who played where, I remember in Mick's book that Rod Stewart was singer for the one early band he was in and I don't remember much else but things like that How they all are connected and who played with who, what kind of styles they had, things like that any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-12-2002, 12:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Location: Currently At The Nelson Institute For Marine Research In California
Default Joy....

I believe that Shotgun Express was the band that Mick & Rod Stewart played in.....

Also Mario who moderates the Peter Green section can help you with this inquiry regarding the Peter Green Era FM.....

Check out the Peter Green-Early FM Sites in the Penguin Links page as well !

Namaste
Old 04-12-2002, 04:53 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up Another good resource for you, Joy

...is ChilliD. He's got almost everyone beat as far as Peter-era
F-M and the blues scene in general. Between Mario and Chilli, you've got a sure-fire A+!
Old 04-13-2002, 02:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Joy....

The Peter Green Websites listed in The Penguin Links Page are a far better resource for you to consult than any "self appointed" expert.....

Micks book "Fleetwood" is an excellent source as well as Peter Green's recent Auto-biography......

Also check out Google for Rod Stewart, FM, Peter Green !!!
Old 04-13-2002, 09:55 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs down Pomposity, thy name is AR!

Those who can, teach.

Those who can't, preach.

Joy, meet Mario/ChilliD...and learn.

Joy, meet Airy.

And, for YOUR information, AR, Peter Green hasn't even WRITTEN an autobiography (you better get what few facts you seem to think are at your fingertips straight before you start preaching to the choir, pal). The best (according to those in the know) biography about Peter Green was written by Jet Celmins.

And the correct title of Mick's book is "Fleetwood: My Life and Adventures in Fleetwood Mac..." but perhaps that's nit-picking. Just wanted to make sure someone hasn't sent you on a wild goose chase.

Last edited by Carole Ann; 04-13-2002 at 10:07 PM..
Old 04-15-2002, 12:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default All You Have To Do....

Is ask Joy,

Sorry if others can't act their age on this site. The majority of FM fans (yours truly included) are mature and knowledgeable people when it comes to FM trivia....

Also check The Rolling Stone Website OR ....

Ask the Head Penguin Marty for his wisdom and guidance and he can direct you to the proper sources !!!

Namaste
Old 04-15-2002, 01:05 PM
Ledgie

Default AR, you delightfully and damnably silly goose!

You are a continual source of amusement to me and I have to assume that I'm not the only one who finds your gravitas and know-it-all attitude so much fun.

And, by God, you're absolutely right: All Joy HAS to do is "ask," but it's vital that a caveat entitled something along the lines of "Beware whose information you use" must be heeded.

Because for you to suggest, or even hint, that you are a "knowledgeable" person "when it comes to FM trivia" is basically, in this case anyway, a lie. Were Joy to write her report based on what YOU told her, she would be asserting information that is false, off-base, wrong-headed, silly, and a bunch of other stuff that I don't feel like coming up with right now. Plus, the poor girl would be running all over God-knows-where in search of an "autobiography" that doesn't exist - because YOU told her it did - you funny guy!

And, even worse, for you to CLAIM that Peter and his non-existent autobiography is "trivial" is just...whoo, boy. It's beyond a mis-use of the word. But you were just trying to help, and we all are aware of that and thank you for it. I guess providing wrong information is better than providing no information at all, huh? I might be mistaken about that, though...

But, you know what? I love it ! Your pomposity and grandiose attitude as you strut about The Ledges, clue-ing in one and all, is a constant source of amusement - how you can get things so wrong is a little off-putting, but what-the-heck??!! You're just a big old cuddly ball of hot air and a harm to no one (well, there's a whole 'nother story there, from what people are saying, but I'll just confine this to Joy's question this time), as long as no one makes the mistake of assuming you know anything. THAT can get them in trouble, but I really don't think there's any chance of anyone mistaking you for anything but what you truly are. You're good for at least one laugh a day as a result of your overly-inflated ego, and I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Thank you for entertaining us all, Airy - we love you for it! Well, I do anyway - - - just LOVE YOU TO BITS!

Last edited by Carole Ann; 04-15-2002 at 02:43 PM..
Old 04-15-2002, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is there a problem with asking ME for info?:

I'm sure the ACCURACY of the information I can provide would be
more reliable than certain folks'.

(Like the MISinformation of Peter Green having an AUTObiography is a trivial matter...if you DON'T know, don't profess you do, please.)

I'm sure that I know a slight bit more regarding the subject than most. (my USUAL modesty aside for a rare moment).
Old 04-16-2002, 12:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default There's No Problem Steve....

with asking anyone for info here. I just wish you and your Missus Susan aka Carol Ann would respect the other Ledgies on this board...

Don't mind ChiliD, Joy, he was going to be a Priest but the Spanish Inquisition ended and all the joy and promise went out of the job !!!

I love Peter Green and I feel he ranks next to BB King & Eric Clapton as a great guitarist. However ChiliD thinks anyone who does'nt slavishly worship Peter is a heretic and should be put on the rack !!!

So feel free to ask me or any other Ledgie for any answers regarding Peter, Bob, Jeremy, or Darling Stevie. You'll that we are a friendly bunch here !!!

Right Cardinal Dennison ?
Old 04-16-2002, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1) Don't EVER assume you know what I think.

2) "Respect" is something you know nothing about. NOR will YOU ever earn.

3) Please do us ALL a favor and crawl back into the sewer you spawned from.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking Now Now ChiliD !!!

1)You what happens when you Assume Steve !!!

2)R-E-S-P-E-C-T is a great song by Aretha Franklin !!!!!

3)No, because you forgot to smile and say please

Besides Franz Liszt appeared to me in a vision last night and told me to keep you on the straight and narrow !!!

BTW ChiliD, do you like Franz Liszt ? He was a true master !!!
Old 04-16-2002, 04:46 PM
Ledgie

Heart Oh, Airy, you big old sweet thing, you!

Our Chilli (or, as I call him when we're home alone, "Honey" - and I don't care WHAT he says...we're naming the baby "Jimmy") might know more about Peter Green and Fleetwood Mac and pretty much everything else than you do, but you're still the cutest damn thing I've ever seen!

I love it when someone really gets to you and you start to stamp your little foot and try to be a smart-alec! GOD, you're adorable!

Saaaammmooooooooooooch!
Closed Thread