Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why didn't I see this earlier???
Anyways, my computer keeps locking up on the site. Can anyone tell me if the meet/greet tickets are still available for the Tampa, Fl show? Thanks.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottabam View Post
Why didn't I see this earlier???
Anyways, my computer keeps locking up on the site. Can anyone tell me if the meet/greet tickets are still available for the Tampa, Fl show? Thanks.
Yes, just pulled up row 1 seat 2 for that venue so it is working.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yes, just pulled up row 1 seat 2 for that venue so it is working.
Thank you! I will have to try the computer at my library tommorow, mine is not cooperating at all. Hopefully the tix will still be available.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Yeah, I'm not worried about being like.. lonely.. I'm just worried about being safe lol. I'm a really paranoid person.

I think as it gets closer I'll probably end up buying my mom a cheap ticket just so I'm not walking around alone downtown in the middle of the night. She doesn't care where she sits anyway, actually she doesn't care if she goes lol, but she'll enjoy it regardless.

I feel like I sound like such a baby - I'm actually almost 20 (so, yep, a baby :P) but like I said, really paranoid.
It's not that bad. I've been going downtown to concerts since I was 14. If you get there early just go hang out in the CNN Center food court -- and the best parking lot is across the street from PA where Don Juan's mexican restaurant is. You can just walk right across the street -- it's so convenient and easy to get in and out of too. Sorry, I'm horrible with street names, but when you turn left out of the parking lot you make a right onto Marietta St.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottabam View Post
Thank you! I will have to try the computer at my library tommorow, mine is not cooperating at all. Hopefully the tix will still be available.
Cool -- good luck!!

I think I'm passing. I'm going to gamble on the general sale and if that doesn't work I'll go with the brokers later... hope I'm not going to regret this...
Old 12-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

I did one of the Mick Fleetwood Meet and Greets in 2009 so I can explain how they worked. It was an Ebay auction and I won mine for just over 300.00 dollars for a pair of tickets. You had to fill out and fax and or email this claims sheet that essentially stated that they are not responsible for any injury or damage you may suffer during the meet and greet.

When you got to the venue you had to wait for this woman to come out and ask for you. At the Ottawa show the ticket booth where you can pick up tickets had staff that didn't know a thing so I was getting nervous and then this woman came out of a door and said pretty loudly Matt Denison looking for a Mr Matt Denison. You were taken to the stage where it was just you and your guest and this woman. Steve Rinkoff was there setting up Micks Drum kit which was virtually set up save for a few tweaks here and there. Mick came out and you got to shake his hand and take photos and ask him questions for about 15 minutes or so. It may have been shorter but I know it felt like a long time and I didn't feel rushed at all. The pictures were professionally taken by the woman and emailed to you shortly after the concert (about a day or two).

Matt
Old 12-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I did one of the Mick Fleetwood Meet and Greets in 2009 so I can explain how they worked. It was an Ebay auction and I won mine for just over 300.00 dollars for a pair of tickets. You had to fill out and fax and or email this claims sheet that essentially stated that they are not responsible for any injury or damage you may suffer during the meet and greet.

When you got to the venue you had to wait for this woman to come out and ask for you. At the Ottawa show the ticket booth where you can pick up tickets had staff that didn't know a thing so I was getting nervous and then this woman came out of a door and said pretty loudly Matt Denison looking for a Mr Matt Denison. You were taken to the stage where it was just you and your guest and this woman. Steve Rinkoff was there setting up Micks Drum kit which was virtually set up save for a few tweaks here and there. Mick came out and you got to shake his hand and take photos and ask him questions for about 15 minutes or so. It may have been shorter but I know it felt like a long time and I didn't feel rushed at all. The pictures were professionally taken by the woman and emailed to you shortly after the concert (about a day or two).

Matt
That sounds lovely. Did they give you a specific time you had to be at the venue?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is my pictures with Mick and my friend Janet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30639_10150201276325603_4017349_n.jpg (65.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 30639_10150201276320603_864474_n.jpg (59.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 30639_10150201276310603_1093134_n.jpg (52.5 KB, 34 views)
Old 12-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That sounds lovely. Did they give you a specific time you had to be at the venue?
If I remember correctly we were told to be there for 5-6 PM . I do recall that we had the meet and greet ended by 6:30 because we had an hour or so to kill.
You had to have ID with you and I can't recall if you needed the form you sent in but I had brought it along as well as my confirmation emails.

Matt
Old 12-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is my initial post in 2009 about the meet and greet.

So I got to meet with Mick Fleetwood. It was just me and my friend Janet up on the stage talking to Mick. We Met Steve Rinkoff who was setting up for the show. Basically I asked allot of good questions and got some good answers.

1. I asked about why Bob Welch was not in the Rock and Roll Hall of fame and Mick said that he has lobbied to get his name on the list and they said no. He was very upset that Bob isn't in the Hall and told me that he didn't understand why he was not included. He also mentioned that when the band was inducted he had no formal paper or certificate like the other members had to say he was now a member and so he asked them time and again to send him one and nothing happened. Then a few years ago when he was asked to vote on new members via a ballot in the mail his wife blew the horn saying to someone at the hall that her own Husband Mick doesn't even have his formal certificate and someone said they would look into it. As a result he got his certificate.

2. The Sheryl Crow thing was according to Mick was pretty much as Stevie has said it was with the band planning to start rehearsing and she had all of these things going on and in the end she said no I will have to pass.

3. He said that the UK leg which will include Australia is going to start hopefully in Aug. They are working on the logistics to see if it will work. Then if the band is still wanting to play and the North American fans are not sick of them they will do another round of shows next year in North America.

4. He said that they rehearsed Hold Me in the early stages but when it got down to serious business they dropped it. Lindsey didn't want to play Monday Morning as per Mick's suggestion but when they found a clip from the Tusk tour where it was the opener it made Lindsey realize the potential and he agreed to do it this tour. I asked about SW and SOTM. He acknowledged the songs (even saying that SOTM used to be done quite often)and did say if the tour goes longer they will be changing up the set.

5. During the Dance tour without actually saying it was over, they kind of got the vibe from Chris that she wasn't having any fun and then she did eventually say she couldn't do this anymore. He said that twice they put out an olive branch to see if she was interested in the last album and she was coming around ,but when the tour was mentioned it was a deal breaker.

6. I asked about the possibility of a one of fshow with all former members past and present playing together and he said that was something he thought about but never spoken about till my conversation. He thought it was a great idea. At one point he said to me you should be our Manager. He was also impressed with my knowledge of all of the history of the band and when songs were last performed etc.

7. He said that the reason there is no backup drummers and no Carlos was because as he said jokingly I fired them all. He also said that why they started adding back up players was to reflect the multi layerd guitars and vocals on the album tracks and so they wanted to try and be as close to the album versions as possible.

8. The reason why Stand Back is in the set all these years is because they have allot of respect for her solo success and she has fun with it and the audience enjoys it so much.

I think that covers all that I talked about.

The show was great!!! My seats were in the 2nd row. At the end of the show I had a run in with a fellow fan. He was some guy in a nice suit who got a guitar pick and then took the setlist from the stage even after I told him that the band and stage crew had said during my meet an greet that I could have it. He said something very stupid about "I'm with or I know security". It was his tone of voice like one of those rich snobby people talking down to you like you are second class or something. Then he walked away with a smirk. Luckily near the entrance was a security guard who had two setlists in his pocket and he gave me one.

I forgot two other things we talked about. One was when I said that while I enjoyed the band now I missed Songbird as that is one song I would love to hear live and he said something about understanding my love of this song and why people like it so much. I also asked him if he was aware of the dreadful RS article that picked the top guitar players of all time and failed to include Lindsey. He said something along the lines "Well we know he is the jewel". He also called him if I remember correctly the man with slippery fingers or sticky fingers I can't recall exactly.

My friend was just in awe of being there and she did ask one question about whether or not they would be doing different interpretations of any of the songs in the setlist and he said that yes some would be slightly different then they way you remember hearing them on the albums.

Matt
Matt
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to have a chat with Mick.Do some technical geek talk .Also Maybe he can share some of his recipes from his restaurant with us.LOL.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Here is my pictures with Mick and my friend Janet
Great photos Matt.Thanks for sharing.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

Great info! Thanks for sharing! Will he autograph an album?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel like I've seen a bunch of M&G pictures from that era before. I remember because Lindsey looked as if he hated his life in all of the photos .
He was making goofy faces. Michele