User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Yeah, I really like the quality of the show I have.
You should try to get Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up? as the "companion" disc to your Hempstead show. The set list is pretty much the same, except with WTRFMPSU, you get Welch singing "Oh Well", too. (but, for that, you lose "Homeward Bound" & the little jam at the end called "Mystery To Me"). I prefer the WTRFMPSU version of "Bermuda Triangle", as well. Bob's middle-of-the-song story is a little more evolved.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Oh yea..well 2 hrs is normal if it is as large as you say it is! Just let it run until it loads...
If I put my computer on power save mode, will it still churn away through the night?

John
Old 01-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
If I put my computer on power save mode, will it still churn away through the night?

John
I'm not sure what exactly power save mode entails on your computer, but if you set it so that it won't hibernate or go on stand-by, it should just run all night.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
I'm not sure what exactly power save mode entails on your computer, but if you set it so that it won't hibernate or go on stand-by, it should just run all night.
OK I guess I'd better leave the power save off then, I'll try it tonight then. It sounds like more want to hear the Midnight Special stuff so I'll try and run that one first, though as I say I think that's like twice the size so it may very well still be churning away when I wake up tomorrow morning! ...but whenever it is that it is ready I'll post the link here when I get the e mail from them (if I understand correctly how it's going to work).

John
Old 01-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Bad News

Well, I ran the MS tracks on Yousendit last night, just woke up & saw that the "Page cannot be displayed" page was on the screen. So, don't know what I can do now. Sorry. I'll try and post "Blue suede shoes" in the other thread since I assume it shouldn't take long to accept that.

John
Old 01-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
Well, I ran the MS tracks on Yousendit last night, just woke up & saw that the "Page cannot be displayed" page was on the screen. So, don't know what I can do now. Sorry. I'll try and post "Blue suede shoes" in the other thread since I assume it shouldn't take long to accept that.

John
Since it's a large file, it might make more sense to make a torrent for it. I'm sure the ThrownDown.net folks would be happy to host it. If you've never done anything with torrents, you can PM me and I'll try and fill you in on some of the basics.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
You should try to get Will The Real Fleetwood Mac Please Stand Up? as the "companion" disc to your Hempstead show. The set list is pretty much the same, except with WTRFMPSU, you get Welch singing "Oh Well", too. (but, for that, you lose "Homeward Bound" & the little jam at the end called "Mystery To Me"). I prefer the WTRFMPSU version of "Bermuda Triangle", as well. Bob's middle-of-the-song story is a little more evolved.
Interesting. I can't for some reason picture Bob doing Oh Well. He just doesnt seem like a guy who could get pissed off enough to pull it off the right way. No knock on Bob mind you. I'll check out your reccomendation btw, thank you.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jeez! Welch has probably done "Oh Well" triple the number of times Peter Green ever did it (if not more). If you figure Peter only played it with Fleetwood Mac for one or two tours before quitting FMac, and then not really having it in his own sets very often...and never with the PGSG (as far as I've read/heard). Bob played/sang it for the 3+ years of his tenure in the band, and even has played it during a number of his solo tours/shows. Welch even recorded his own studo version of it (both part one AND part two) on his latest album His Fleetwood Mac Years And Beyond.

As another feather in Welch's cap, he DOES pull off Peter Green songs VERY well. ("Green Manalishi", "Rattlesnake Shake", "Black Magic Woman", as well)

Oh, yeah...and on the WTRFMPSU set, they also do "Believe Me" which isn't on the Hempstead set.

Last edited by chiliD; 01-15-2006 at 05:47 PM..
Old 01-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Interesting. I can't for some reason picture Bob doing Oh Well. He just doesnt seem like a guy who could get pissed off enough to pull it off the right way.
You really need to read his first Q&A!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As another feather in Welch's cap, he DOES pull off Peter Green songs VERY well. ("Green Manalishi", "Rattlesnake Shake", "Black Magic Woman", as well)
As I've said a million times, I think Bob's version of "Manalishi" is probably the definitive.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-16-2006, 03:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
They do "Bad Loser" too. And, "I Loved Another Woman" is radically different from any other live version I've heard...it's a Bob/Chris duet.

It's a shame about the sound quality. That bootleg has one of the most unique Fleetwood Mac set lists I've ever seen.
Wow. I wouldn't have imagined such a wonderfully varied set list. It's like a fantasy set list you might dream up on a rainy day. I would love to hear that duet between Chris and Bob. And how does Bad Loser sound? I know the sound quality's bad, but I mean the band's performance.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And I really like the band's version of Bermuda Triangle in general here. The piano's quite jazzy, Chris sounds a bit more flashy here. And his story. Oh my god, it's fantastic! Epic. Yes, as good as the Hempstead show's version is, I like WTRFMSUP more.

Overall, that live-in-studio set (if that's what it is) sounds amazing, and there Heroes' songs are more agressive and vivacious than they are on the studio lp.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi
Wow. I wouldn't have imagined such a wonderfully varied set list. It's like a fantasy set list you might dream up on a rainy day. I would love to hear that duet between Chris and Bob. And how does Bad Loser sound? I know the sound quality's bad, but I mean the band's performance.
"Bad Loser" sounds real good, but I think "I Loved Another Woman" is even better...I guess because it's so radically different from the Green/Vito versions. If you're interested, here's the set list:

1. Coming Home
2. Green Manalishi
3. Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
4. Bad Loser
5. Sentimental Lady/Future Games(these 2 songs are together on the same track.)
6. Bermuda Triangle
7. I'd Rather Go Blind
8. Why
9. Nightwatch
10. Homeward Bound
11. Angel
12. I Loved Another Woman

It's a dream set list, but nightmare sound quality.

aleuzzi, if you'd still like this bootleg, let me know. If you still have my e-mail address, send me an e-mail or if you don't, just send me a private message. Just so you know, this sound quality isn't remotely as good as those other CDs that I sent you.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heads Up for you, MacFan57, I sent you a private message. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi
Heads Up for you, MacFan57, I sent you a private message. Thanks.
I got it. I just sent you an e-mail.