The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default So...are the fan club tickets in fact "blind"?

Hi~
I see some of you talking about buying tix online and mentioning different seats you were pulling up. Was that for a regular sale or fan club? Now I realize it was probably regular sale, but I was confused at first when I was thinking of it as being fanclub, as I thought we weren't going to be able to see our seats until the tickets arrive by mail. Has anyone actually purchased fan club tickets? It sounds like it's been a fiasco overall...and no one has received the tix yet to see how they did, right? I have to make some decisions before Tuesday, so thanks for your input. I know this has all been discussed a lot already, but I haven't had the time to really keep track of it all.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I purchased the tickets just fine and within a few minutes I was done buying them. I got the bronze tickets, which cost the same as you would pay at ticketmaster.com. The good thing is they promise the first thirty rows, which I think is great! And even if the tickets are not up to par, they will give you a refund if you don't like them. So, really, you don't have anything to lose.

I am just anxiously waiting to see if my tickets are any good!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm... personally if I was to get row 30 I wouldn't consider it great!
Old 03-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I don't either, Pip but I took a gamble with the club anyway. I still am waiting to find out just where my seat will be located.
I am going to ask for a full refund if I am not satisfied with my ticket also. Lets see if they live up to that refund policy. I am not holding my breath.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm doing the same thing Pattie!!
Wouldn't be thrilled with something that far away, but holding out some kind of hope for something a lot better than that.....
I know, silly me!!!!

I'm just sooooo fed up with Ticketbastard. And I cringe at the thought of waiting until like one or two days before the shows to try to get the really really good seats, for fear that, with my luck, none are released that close to the show or other people eat them up before I can get to any of them, and heaven forbid I wind up with no ticket at all!!!

I don't know...still waiting for luck to be on my side!!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 03-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumours
I'm doing the same thing Pattie!!
Wouldn't be thrilled with something that far away, but holding out some kind of hope for something a lot better than that.....
I know, silly me!!!!

I'm just sooooo fed up with Ticketbastard. And I cringe at the thought of waiting until like one or two days before the shows to try to get the really really good seats, for fear that, with my luck, none are released that close to the show or other people eat them up before I can get to any of them, and heaven forbid I wind up with no ticket at all!!!

I don't know...still waiting for luck to be on my side!!!

Stephanie
Yeah this waiting game has me on pins and needles. I was very nervous about getting front row for Madison so I bought one from a scalper. I know but it's my birthday and it was very important to be in front row on my birthday!
I don't have on line access at work so if they released them at that time I would have lost out. This way I can breathe a sign of relief!
Who knows maybe my fan club ticket might also be in front row.

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 03-14-2004 at 04:37 PM..
Old 03-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
And believe me 30th row isnt great on a flat floor. But buyer beware, if they stated you will get tickets from row 1 thru 30 and if you dont like your 30th row seat, i highly doubt you will get a refund because they will say you knew your tickets could be in that area and you got what we had promised originally. think about it if you are getting your tix 2 weeks before the show, do you honestly thing they are going to be able to handle a mass number of requests for refunds at that time so close to show time , or at any time frame??/ arent some of you still waiting for your calendars??? think about it.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have never seen a rock concert on floor level before so I will be excited with the first thirty rows! Does anyone know how far away this is exactly? Has anyone ever had seats around thirty rows back? Could you see the band good? Could you make out their faces?

Of course I would be happier with closer seats, but I still think the first thirty rows (floor level) is not bad at all! And I assume I will get closer then thirty rows since I ordered the tickets the minute they went on sale.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, If you are very tall then 30 rows back might be OK for you. I am not tall so that would not be good for me.
I have also heard that it does not make any difference when you order the tickets it is still randomly assigned. I don't know this for sure someone claims that is what the fan club told them when they emailed them.
It would be nice if they would let us know. I have a feeling that they won't let anyone know until ALL of the pre-sales are over.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
I have never seen a rock concert on floor level before so I will be excited with the first thirty rows! Does anyone know how far away this is exactly? Has anyone ever had seats around thirty rows back? Could you see the band good? Could you make out their faces?

Of course I would be happier with closer seats, but I still think the first thirty rows (floor level) is not bad at all! And I assume I will get closer then thirty rows since I ordered the tickets the minute they went on sale.
I have been in that area of the floor and for me its too far away, all those people in front of you standing up, and the floor is flat so its hard to see if you are short and believe me i stand up all night , you cant see facial expressions, like if you were right up front.... im spoiled , ive been front row and i dont like to sit any further than say the 7th or 8th row, i wont go beyond the 10th row, ( for a flat floor seat) but it depends on the set up of each venue. i know 30th row may seem like a good seat to the average concert goer, but it is further back than you think. and you will not see the interactions or facial expressions with out looking at the video screen. dont mean to burst your bubble. but best of luck with your tix....
Old 03-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is a pic from row 30 of Chastain Park from Stevie's TISL Tour...may give you SOME kind of idea...the seats at this amphitheatre are more spread out than arenas tho...I had a row 22 seat at the Philips Arena Mac show last year and it was great...saw everything fine (if you're tall it's fine anyway!)

So here it is for what it's worth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chastain01.jpg (35.7 KB, 32 views)
Old 03-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and another...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chastain2.jpg (43.0 KB, 30 views)