The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Is Say You Will a fitting end to their legacy?

Pretty much I started this to discuss the following questions

Is Say You Will a fitting end to Fleetwood Mac's legacy?
If not, is Buck Mac duet album a fitting end to their legacy?
If Stevie decides not to be involved in making a new studio album, will it fracture or split the band completely?
Is a tour possible or worthwhile behind the Buck Mac duet FM album with Stevie involved but not singing her own new songs? (She would still be doing tambourine and backing vocals on the live versions of Chris and Linds' songs)
Old 10-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Registered

wouldn't the ep be if there is nothing more from them ?

and in my opinion I am don't care at this point it if they make something as a band or what's left of it I do know i will not pay more than $25 for a good seat
if they are thinking of doing another greatest hit tour

Last edited by olive; 10-26-2016 at 04:54 PM..
Old 10-26-2016, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am fond of the SYW album, but no it would not be a fitting end to their legacy. I think an album with Christine would be a fitting end to it.

Michele
Old 10-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Say You Will was too long and featured to many filler tracks. It would've been better if it had been a 10-13 track album (instead of 18 tracks), with the filler tracks taken out. Quality is better than quantity. Also, it didn't feature Christine McVie as a member, so for these two reasons I believe Say You Will is not a fitting end to their legacy.

I really hope that one last album with the full "Rumours" line-up will be a fitting end to their legacy.

Lindsey and Christine apparently have some strong material already written. I just hope Stevie plays ball over this next year or two and makes this happen, plus a following tour.

It also wouldn't bother me if a new album contained the tracks from the Extended Play EP from 2013. Those songs (especially Sad Angel) never got the recognition they deserved.

The band were certainly top-notch when I saw them last year (2015) in London.

Last edited by Andrew Smith; 10-26-2016 at 05:20 PM..
Old 10-26-2016, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The band ending in turmoil like they are right now would be the best and most fitting way for them to end. Fans won't like it, but it has been the theme in Fleetwood Mac for 40 years and that's how it should end
Old 10-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In many ways, MIRAGE is the end of their legacy. All the projects since, despite moments of greatness, lack the spirit of the five of them working as a full band.

I do admire much of SYW. And THE DANCE was well-executed, nastalgia. But...
Old 10-26-2016, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
The band ending in turmoil like they are right now would be the best and most fitting way for them to end. Fans won't like it, but it has been the theme in Fleetwood Mac for 40 years and that's how it should end
well said!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Supporting Ledgie

The Dance was more of an ideal ending than SYW. If I were in the band, I wouldn't be satisfied with ending the discography on that note. I would want to "end" the legacy with the Rumours line-up in tact, and releasing all of this supposedly profound music they've worked on recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Part of me wants to agree with you... but I don't wish there to be a negative association with the band's "ending." I think it's better to have a positive outcome to something that's been tumultuous, don't you? Given the choice, I think most people would choose healing over broken pieces.

Last edited by mylittledemon; 10-26-2016 at 08:48 PM..
Old 10-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Take Stevie's songs off there and it would
have been a good Lindsey album.

A B-12 shot would have done them all a bit
of good during the SYW Sessions.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

they already have a legacy, and it is not that important what the end of it will be. but they recorded new music, they claim that's it's great and interesting, and we want to hear it. it's just that simple. no big symbolism or extra meanings. we just want to hear their new music, and the 2 sonwriters who produced that new music want it out and to be heard.

they need to release it.

Mick seems to be going back and forth on will they - won't they release it, instead of needlessly waiting for many more years. Christine and Lindsey seem ready to release what they have, asap. and tour it as a foursome. i wish they'd finally go through with it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-26-2016, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Part of me wants to agree with you... but I don't wish there to be a negative association with the band's "ending." I think it's better to have a positive outcome to something that's been tumultuous, don't you? Given the choice, I think most people would choose healing over broken pieces.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't want them to end in turmoil, but I think it would just be fitting. I'd love to see another album (preferable double) and a world tour.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

I kinda think that when Christine came back, it threw a wrentch in the 'plan'.
Soooo, SN went on another huge tour - postponing her plans - and against her '3 year til ya tour again' thang with FM.... And now, she put her foot down and is like - hey, I need my time for my thang.
I personally see, in no way shape or form, that these 5 would do a swan song album without all 5. SN's devotion is deep. And I kinda think the the rest of the band is giving her the room to do her thang, hence the holding off on the album until they are all there.

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 10-27-2016, 02:25 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I am fond of the SYW album, but no it would not be a fitting end to their legacy. I think an album with Christine would be a fitting end to it.

Michele
I am as well. It was among the first albums I owned by Fleetwood Mac - probably the first? I forget now. Sure, it's long, and pretty interesting to have two "goodbye" songs back-to-back, but Stevie and Lindsey had a lot to say, and that point, they probably figured it could be the last FM album. Of course, had Christine been there, it would've been even stronger, but I think it would be a fair ending to the legacy of the band. I mean, it still includes the namesakes of the band.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nope. I liked SAY YOU WILL, and it MIGHT have been acceptable had Christine not returned, but with her back.... no, we need one more with the 5!
Old 10-27-2016, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
I kinda think that when Christine came back, it threw a wrentch in the 'plan'.
Soooo, SN went on another huge tour - postponing her plans - and against her '3 year til ya tour again' thang with FM.... And now, she put her foot down and is like - hey, I need my time for my thang.
I personally see, in no way shape or form, that these 5 would do a swan song album without all 5. SN's devotion is deep. And I kinda think the the rest of the band is giving her the room to do her thang, hence the holding off on the album until they are all there.
I think this is spot on. I don't really think there is TURMOIL in the band. I think there is turmoil on this board and in people's heads. I do not think Stevie will walk away from the band and, if given the time as she has been in the past, will return to the band for the recording of another album. I know they are not young anymore...but things will work out how they are supposed to work out. I see Stevie returning to the band in late 2017 to finish the recording of the album followed by a mid to late 2018 swan song tour.