User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
No, you're right, Michele. And I never did believe Mick when he whined that Fleetwood Mac was over & done with because Stevie didn't want to tour again. But he was certainly posturing for a reason. And I'm sure it didn't fall on deaf ears.
Certainly, he was trying to get her, but I don't think it accelerated her any after all. If Mick had been successful, then it would have been 2012 instead of 2013. She was for an FM tour first, before she was against it anyway. She was the first one talking about another FM tour after Unleashed anyway.
Then, it didn't happen when the men wanted in 2012. They lobbied in the press, but I don't think they won. I don't see a 2013 tour as any concession on her part.

Michele
Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Ledgie

Loved the "traumatic splendor" bit!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
SI'm sure she's got loads of junk in her journals after her mother's passing, not to mention after visiting Lindsey's home and meditations on Kanye's relationship with Kim Kardashian. It would take her no time to write songs based on her diary poems. She wrote the new SYW songs over the holidays.

Lindsey was probably more correct in saying that she didn't want to give the songs she has to FM. She'd probably rather work on them with Dave.
yup, someone has to write the music to that poem discussing Kanye and Kim.

you know what? a radical thought - maybe LB, who apparently is already thinking like SN these days, can work with her on writing music to some of all those poems she has? you know, like Lennon and McCartney (like they would do on that island in Ireland she was talking about after SA? )

she could eat dinners with his family, they could do 7 songs in 7 days, and meanwhile reminisce happily about their beautiful houses and their long winding road.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

you know what? a radical thought - maybe LB, who apparently is already thinking like SN these days, can work with her on writing music to some of all those poems she has? you know, like Lennon and McCartney (like they would do on that island in Ireland she was talking about after SA? )

she could eat dinners with his family, they could do 7 songs in 7 days, and meanwhile reminisce happily about their beautiful houses and their long winding road.
NOW you're talking!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

you know what? a radical thought - maybe LB, who apparently is already thinking like SN these days,
He has really turned me off to Sad Angel. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised but, goodness. The more he describes it, the more frightened I get. I thought Dancing was nothing to write home about, but now I'm burning stationary thinking about what could be down the road.

Michele
Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She may not want to do an FM album or work on songs with him, but it has nothing to do with her not having songs. She could write 4 tonight if she wanted to.
I'm a huge Stevie fan, but I actually completely disagree with this. I think she is completely creatively blocked. She has writers block. She isn't inspired. She's got nothing. I think that is why she is making all these excuses. Her saying that no one wants music is simply her covering up the fact that she doesn't have any music to provide!

Or, she is just too lazy to produce any music. It's totally her right to do that. I'm a chef, and sometimes I just order Chinese take out when I have friends over.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 12-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake View Post
I'm a huge Stevie fan, but I actually completely disagree with this. I think she is completely creatively blocked. She has writers block. She isn't inspired. She's got nothing.
I don't know why you would think this. Probably the only time she has been blocked is those Klonopin years.

But let's just say she hasn't created new music (and I'm sure she has loads of new stuff even since IYD). She still has old music that would be new to Lindsey. She has demos from years ago she could give him. I don't think she wants to. Yes, she could change her mind in the next few months and will probably give him 2 songs.

But I don't think the fact that she's been withholding has anything to do with her being a barren song dessert.

Michele
Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake View Post
I'm a huge Stevie fan, but I actually completely disagree with this. I think she is completely creatively blocked. She has writers block. She isn't inspired. She's got nothing. I think that is why she is making all these excuses. Her saying that no one wants music is simply her covering up the fact that she doesn't have any music to provide!

Or, she is just too lazy to produce any music. It's totally her right to do that. I'm a chef, and sometimes I just order Chinese take out when I have friends over.
Nahhh, IMO Stevie doesn't want to record with Lindsey all that much, only if it's on her terms and w/ Dave Stewart in tow. Stevie is still holding tightly onto her SYW grudge. She recorded a new song (demo?) with Dave this past September. And at the IYD doc Q&A's Stevie mentioned another song she had just written that she sent off to Dave called "My Mothers Rings" or something like that. Stevie is definitely holding out and holding back material for one reason or another.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IBut let's just say she hasn't created new music (and I'm sure she has loads of new stuff even since IYD).
then why didn't she write any new music even for IYD? other than SA all new music on IYD is credited to either Dave Stewart, Mike Campbell, or Neale Heywood.

(or did she give them credit for something they didn't do? why would she do that?)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, I don't remember any talk about a new album or new songs a year ago when the boys wanted to do a 2012 tour. Wasn't it going to just be a cash-grab? Unleashed Two we were calling it. I thought Stevie deserved some credit for saying no to that. The extra year off gave LB some time to work on new music with Mick and John, and he had fun doing it, so maybe we should thank Stevie for that. But after Stevie and Lindsey spent 2012 doing the solo thing, there's no way they could do a new album without postponing this tour a bit longer. It's convenient to blame Stevie for the lack of new music, but when it comes down to it, I don't think the boys were willing to wait any longer to pad their bank accounts.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He has really turned me off to Sad Angel. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised but, goodness. The more he describes it, the more frightened I get. I thought Dancing was nothing to write home about, but now I'm burning stationary thinking about what could be down the road.

Michele
yeah i was reading his description of new songs and thinking - he seems to be describing Dancing - is that one of them? but then he went on quoting lyrics and they were not from Dancing.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She may not want to do an FM album or work on songs with him, but it has nothing to do with her not having songs. She could write 4 tonight if she wanted to. I'm sure she's got loads of junk in her journals after her mother's passing,
Michele
"loads of junk about her moms passing?" really? your compassion is very attractive...
Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Certainly, he was trying to get her, but I don't think it accelerated her any after all. If Mick had been successful, then it would have been 2012 instead of 2013. She was for an FM tour first, before she was against it anyway. She was the first one talking about another FM tour after Unleashed anyway.
Then, it didn't happen when the men wanted in 2012. They lobbied in the press, but I don't think they won. I don't see a 2013 tour as any concession on her part.
Fair enough -- and I retract my statement, your honor. (That was said with humor & affection, by the way.)

Regardless, I hope she doesn't cave in to the desire to record an album.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Love Lindsey's part of the interview! He is chatting like he chats to us! None of the usual know-by-heart babble! Funny and open and uninhibited! The Lindsey we know and love!
Yes! And in that MSN interview too! It's especially refreshing after the same, albeit endearing, speeches he's been giving for his past solo tour

Quote:
hm, sounds like more rationalizations

he wouldn't have to work on them, he brought in Mitchell Froom to work on them!!

he was trying to make his songs in a way she would like (that worries me frankly!), recorded them in a key she could sing, how much more red carpet can he roll out?
Right! I mean, I'm sorry, I love Stevie, but the case is building against her in my opinion. She may have her own personal reasons for withholding, but we aren't privy to them. I understand her whole obsession with Dave Stewart, but surely she has enough songs to give both of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
LOL. Can you see this?

Lindsey: Dragging Froom in the studio door - "Ste-vie...look what I found... a producer!"

Stevie:
Yes, yes I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
^Now, I'm interested again. LOL!

So, the BN song couldn't be Without You, right? If it was a BN II song before they joined FM?
You just made me realize this...hmm interesting. And see! LB is back with some straight answers.
Love the interviewer: "I have a feeling this interview is going to get the tour canceled before it begins..." Seriously though, be careful kid!

Quote:
yup, someone has to write the music to that poem discussing Kanye and Kim.

that would be one very dysfunctional, crazy...wait, no that would be an amazing reality show! sort of like Survivor. Stevie gets to play Jeff Probst: "Lindsey, the tribe has spoken."
Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephxaz View Post
"loads of junk about her moms passing?" really? your compassion is very attractive...
I wasn't trying to be attractive. And my commentary on the junk in her diaries has nothing to do with whether or not I'm compassionate to those who have lost parents.

Michele