Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 8/9/2013 - LB on Sound Opinions

http://www.soundopinions.org/

Show #402: 08.09.13
Fleetwood Mac’s pop songsmith and guitar hero Lindsey Buckingham is live in the Sound Opinions studio.

there's a photo of Lindsey in the studio if you click on the link.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

here is a tweet about it (guess it's not really live) -

@jasonsaldanha
Just listened to @RobnLnn's edit of our interview w/ Lindsey Buckingham. He was honest, funny and direct. One of the best things we've done.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and here's the photo -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Last edited by elle; 08-05-2013 at 08:47 PM..
Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Nice pic! That took ALOT out of me....
Old 08-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Nice pic! That took ALOT out of me....
i know, it's just a gorgeous photo of LB!

what does "That took ALOT out of me" mean?

Old 08-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Never been a big LB fan, Elle. I am trying him again because people can and do change. I had listened to his music up to and including OOTC and then not at all. Always liked his FM stuff better than his solo. Still think both he and some of his music are weird as hell sometimes! However, after 2 1/2 weeks of listening to it all, over and over...well, I'm seriously in love with some of his songs...very nice surprise!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know, it's just a gorgeous photo of LB!

what does "That took ALOT out of me" mean?
Not really liking him very much before and really just beginning to find him somewhat changed...it was hard to say something nice about him
Old 08-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i haven't listened yet, but this is available now:

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...od+Mac+News%29

http://www.soundopinions.org/

Old 08-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just finished listening to it. Nothing new, but worth a listen.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well, I listened to the interview when I woke up this morning... And waking up to LB's voice in the morning is always good for me

LB said all the same stuff about the usual FM...

However, the part that was interesting was towards the end... Talking about the reality vs. FM "played parts" - being happily married with kids and still writing about Stevie.....
I'm sure that has led to a few interesting arguments between Kristen and LB - kudos to her, undertanding him enough, let alone the situation and creative pool..... And just letting him "be".... Cuz, however you look at it, since he's been married to her, his lyrics have been Fascinating in terms of interpertation... The inspiration must be good
I find that dynamic between the pull of the past and the now is shown in his recent lyrics, i.e. his last few albums, and if that feeds his creative curiosity in more music - have at it!

The only thing about that interview that sucked was all the edits....

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 08-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.soundopinions.org/shownot...shownotes.html

Jim and Greg have admired Lindsey Buckingham’s solo albums for years, but during a stop on Fleetwood Mac’s recent tour, the guitarist was willing to indulge all of our burning questions about the band. Jim was out of town, so Greg took the reigns on this one and covered everything from his unique guitar style, to the Buckingham/Nicks years to the effects of all that ‘70s drug excess. Lindsey reveals that in today’s music environment, the band would’ve never lasted and credits the label with letting them tweak and reconfigure before hitting it big. He also talks about his ability to compartmentalize his relationship with Stevie Nicks and the work. Rumours is either the mark of insanity or courage! Lindsey also agrees with Greg that Tusk is the stepchild of the band's catalog, and you can either fault or credit him for that. And on the Stevie front...you'd think their dynamic would've flatlined by now, but he admits that although married with children, he's still writing songs about her!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Okay, I'm pretty tired of the role playing talk already! And, it's just plain weird, wrong, freaky and a million other adjectives along the same lines. You just do not marry someone, say you are happily married with three kids and then write songs about your ex of 35+ years. Those songs are filled with longing, untied strings, hopes for the future and an obvious lack of thought as to how his fans, wife, kids, kid's friends, etc. might take them. Most are pretty straight forward and filled with so many Stevie nuances that who they are about is obvious.

I wish he would just talk like a normal person, it's like he's programmed! Ugh! One step forward, two steps back! but really!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Okay, I'm pretty tired of the role playing talk already!
lol. i loved this tweet and think it goes well with your outrage:

@ChrisRagalie
Have any two people milked a breakup more than Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham?

also, "lack of thought for fans" in your post is really funny! how dare he / they?!

Old 08-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, sigh. I'm not interested in that break up any more... I'm interested in all the others. Lol. Bet they can't keep track!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yeah, sigh. I'm not interested in that break up any more... I'm interested in all the others. Lol. Bet they can't keep track!
The same way they can't keep track of what's roleplaying and what's reality, apparently... ( and he can't keep track of when SG was written and its meaning, lol )

Also, Lindsey if you're playing it up and writing songs like It Takes Times for the sake of hardcore shipping fans, it kind of undermines that if you always mention the 'beautiful wife', that it IS roleplaying, and don't ever talk about those songs being about Stevie before being prompted... Just saying.

PS. get a new script and don't 'run things into the ground'.