The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-29-2003, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Any Ledgies going to the Bridgeport CT show?

Just curious if my fellow CT and New England Ledgies are going to this show? I have heard everyone mention the MSG show so I am curious. I am going to try to go to the Bridgeport one but MSG is not in my cards due to my work schedule and finances.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 07-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I am pretty sure that I will be going to this show. It is on a Saturday and on the train route from Providence. I just need to find a hotel near the arena. Any ideas?
I want to go to the MSG show but being on a Tuesday makes it tough for me, too. Even the Boston show is going to be really inconvient for me on a Wednesday but I am still going.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Pattie,
I am not very farmiliar with Bridgeport so I am not sure of hotels in the area. There has to be something nearby though with the arena being there. I will probably be taking the train which is two blocks from the arena as I have been told or if I can save the cash, hire a livery service like I did when I went to The Dance show.

Unleashed 2009
Old 07-30-2003, 06:29 AM

There is a Holiday Inn right down the road from the Arena. It's probably about a minute or two away (by car)...The Arena is at 600 Main Street...the hotel is at 1070 Main Street...you could walk it...I would just walk with a group...it's not the worst area in Bridgeport, but it's not the best either. (I haven't been down there yet, I only know from what I see from the train into NYC...it's not the prettiest area)

The Arena itself is fairly new, and it seems gorgeous. My son wants to see an exhibition hockey game the week prior to the Fleetwood Mac show...I'm hoping I could get to see Fleetwood Mac one more time...(we'll see how much the hockey game sets us back...my boy comes first ) The last time I saw them was The Dance tour at the Meadows in Hartford.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to try and be there. It's the closest show to where I am and probably my best shot at seeing them on this tour, unless they come back to CT on another leg.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am going. I live in CT.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am going! My friend and I were talking about which shows to go to and which seats we'd go for (we live in CT and can get to MSG, Jones Beach, Bport and Boston). We agreed that we'd pay ANYTHING for the Bport show...but the others, we might have to have budget seats, lol.

I'm so excited--FM will be 1/2 hour from my house, LOL.

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 07-30-2003, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another question from curious in CT~~~
Did anyone purchase tickets via the fan club sale or the Arena pre sale? I know that general sale is for Saturday August 2nd. Hope there is something good available for us in the end. I am a member of the Arena pre sale and it is bringing up nothing good. I may have to go through a ticket broker or watch TM as the show gets closer like I did last time.

Unleashed 2009
Old 07-30-2003, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you know the best way to do things on the day the general sale opens up??? Anyone?

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 07-30-2003, 03:43 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hi fellow New Englanders!!! I am so hoping to go to either Bridgeport or Boston. Boston is actually closer but seems like no good seats left. I am going to keep trying. I saw FM in May in Worcester and had Good seats but really want front row to try to get sig's.

How far is Bridgeport from Hartford/Bradley Airport? I will be coming down from VT and hopefully will be bringing my husband. The Airport is about 1 1/2 hours from my house.

Hope I can meet up with some of you!!!
Old 07-30-2003, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will be there! I went to Fairfield University,which is the next town over from B'port and that arena was our basketball team's arena! WOOHOO! But weird....lol. So OBVIOUSLY I will be there. I live in NYC now so it is close.

Kristin
Old 07-30-2003, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, and Frostie, my fellow VERMONTER! Bridgeport is about 2-2 1/2 hours south of the VT border. Hope that helps.

Kristin
Old 07-30-2003, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bridgeport is about 45 minutes away from Bradley/Hartford, depending on traffic.

BTW WednesdaysChild, I was also wondering what the best way to get tickets is. Right now I am planning on going to the box office on Sat.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:52 PM

My advice would be to call the box office at the Arena and see if you could actually talk to a person rather than the "automated" service...and see how they are going to do things that day.

I assume they are selling tickets at the box office??

Biggest question is if they are going to do a "lottery" or not...If so, it doesn't really matter how early you get there in the morning prior to the 10:00 sale time. You could get a number of 120, let's say and they will start the lottery at 250...so anyone who has 'bracelets' with anything less than 250 get to go home...unless you keep going up to the people handing out the bracelets and getting a different number each time....

IF they are NOT doing a lottery, by all means try and get there as early as possible and hope for the best....

If they are not selling tickets at the box office, I guess internet and telephone at the same time really are the only way to go. Recruit as many people as you can to help you get tix!!

Oh, almost forgot....FROSTIE: Bridgeport is about an hour and a half...(give or take a few and depending on traffic...which is always HELL on I-95) from Hartford.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:52 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by kristin
Oh, and Frostie, my fellow VERMONTER! Bridgeport is about 2-2 1/2 hours south of the VT border. Hope that helps.

Kristin
Thank you so much Kristin!!!! That does help. I don't get down to that part of CT too much!!

I hope we can meet there!!! If my husband doesn't go I may be hoofing it myself so it would be great to have someone to meet up with!!