User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2003, 07:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David R
Stevie looked better in the "Tango in the Night" videos than she sounded on the album...

Don't get me wrong... I love the album and her voice on it.. but it is definetly not her best sounding... I love "When I See You Again" but I don't think the average listener (non-fleetwood mac fanatic) would care for it at all...
You're SO wrong!! It was the Tango album that first got me into Mac. By the time OSOTM came along I was totally hooked, but if it hadn't have been for Tango I wouldn't have been drawn to them in the first place

Personally I wouldn't vote for the Big love video...they way Stevie does nothing but stand around waving her skirts is SO annoying, especially through the rewind sequence!

Love and happiness from Sarah
Old 07-30-2003, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For me, it's a toss-up between Hold Me and Gypsy. I love, love, love Gypsy. It's just such a perfect homage to 20's-30's films. But Hold Me is based on the work of Rene Magritte, my favorite artist. So in that one, I get my favorite musical artist/group and my favorite artist artist!
Old 07-30-2003, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For me, it's a tie between Tusk and Gypsy .
Old 07-30-2003, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I find something enjoyable and entertaining in all of Fleetwood Mac's videos... even "Paper Doll." I thought having scenes from past videos and concert clips, projected onto writhing bodies (which could be interpreted as Nicks and Buckingham), tambourines, and drum-heads, was a clever solution to not having a "working band" to film a new video.

"Everywhere" and "In The Back Of My Mind" are probably the lamest of all (if you don't count that haphazardly compiled European video for "Family Man," which is mostly made up of footage from "Seven Wonders"), but even they have their charms.

As for a favorite... definitely "Gypsy."
It's "ghostly, mystical, and romantic"... many of the things I love about Fleetwood Mac's "image."
Old 07-30-2003, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I was too little to remember any of these (or watch MTV, lol). I finally saw the videos a few years ago when MTV did a run through of all the videos ever made or something. It was in alpha order and my friend and I got up early to make sure we didn't miss "F". They showed Gypsy, Hold Me, and Little Lies (or at least, that's all we caught). We tried to sit around all day waiting for "N" but that never happened. I didn't realize they made videos for other songs too--except for Seven Wonders--I've seen clips in both FM and SN's BTM.

I like all 3 videos that I've seen, but I will say LL is kinda weird with everyone in and out of the barn, etc.

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 07-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Love.

Old 07-30-2003, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
I do like Seven Wonders too. Stevie looks like she has more "clarity" (for lack of a better word) in this video than she has in awhile. I think she had just gotten out of the Betty Ford Center before Tango, right?

Mick, on the other hand, still looks as coked up as usual during this video.
Actually I don't remember that very well. What I do know is that Seven Wonders and Welcome to the room....Sara were recorded after she got out of the BFC and When I see you again was recorded before she was admitted. So, yeah you're right. She was clean at the taping of Seven Wonders. And did she look great or what?! Well, in my mind she always does.
Take care ~ Debbie

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 07-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by The Catdancer
Actually I don't remember that very well. What I do know is that Seven Wonders and Welcome to the room....Sara were recorded after she got out of the BFC and When I see you again was recorded before she was admitted. So, yeah you're right. She was clean at the taping of Seven Wonders. And did she look great or what?! Well, in my mind she always does.
Take care ~ Debbie

I thought they hadn't done ANY of Tango until after she got out of BF...Or at least Stevie didn't do any of her songs/videos.

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 07-30-2003, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by The Catdancer
Take care ~ Debbie
Are you sure this isn't backwards? I was told in a thread a while ago that Stevie recorded Seven Wonders before going to Betty Ford, and that's why she sounds more like her RAL days than the other two songs. And yes, I agree, on the Seven Wonders video Stevie does look great, especially in the one shot where she sings "and you reached out your hand to me" when she's looking at Lindsey and smiling as he walks past her and makes an odd face into the camera.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
You're SO wrong!! It was the Tango album that first got me into Mac. By the time OSOTM came along I was totally hooked, but if it hadn't have been for Tango I wouldn't have been drawn to them in the first place
I just think that "Tango" is Stevie's weakest Fleetwood Mac album... song and vocal wise... I love the songs though... but I love everything she does with the mac...

Last edited by David R; 07-31-2003 at 03:42 AM..
Old 07-31-2003, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David R
I just think that "Tango" is Stevie's weakest Fleetwood Mac album... song and vocal wise... I love the songs though... but I love everything she does with the mac...
I don't remember anything about any Fleetwood Mac video. I've only ever seen Hold Me, Gypsy, and Tusk a couple times so I can't remember enough to comment. Would like to see them though! Fat chance.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386
Are you sure this isn't backwards? I was told in a thread a while ago that Stevie recorded Seven Wonders before going to Betty Ford, and that's why she sounds more like her RAL days than the other two songs. And yes, I agree, on the Seven Wonders video Stevie does look great, especially in the one shot where she sings "and you reached out your hand to me" when she's looking at Lindsey and smiling as he walks past her and makes an odd face into the camera.
No, I'm sure about that. There was a lady working for The Mac called Judy Wong, she worked for Penguin Promtions and had been with the band since the early 70's. She was the one who suggested Bob Welch should join the band after Jeremy Spencer left. Anyway, I used to talk to her a lot back in 80's and she told me that Seven Wonders and Welcome to the room were recorded after Stevie had been to Betty Ford and When I see you again was recorded before that. She also said that Stevie was in the studio for about 10 days, she wasn't involved in Tango at all and who could blame her?!
Take care ~ Debbie

You got a sweet heart
Old 08-01-2003, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WednesdaysChild
I thought they hadn't done ANY of Tango until after she got out of BF...Or at least Stevie didn't do any of her songs/videos.
Before she went in she did When I see you again and when she came out she did Seven Wonders and Welcome to the room, Sara. I am absolutely 100% sure about that. Like I said in my earlier post, I got that info from Judy Wong. And it's logical that she had done Welcome to the room, Sara after she got out considering she was registered as Sara Anderson and the song is about her stay at the Betty Ford Center.
Take care ~ Debbie

You got a sweet heart
Old 08-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by blackdove

Personally I wouldn't vote for the Big love video...they way Stevie does nothing but stand around waving her skirts is SO annoying, especially through the rewind sequence!
True, that is weird, but what else is she supposed to do in that video? She doesn't sing on the song. The other option would be to not have her there at all.

I can't stand the part where everyone's lined up in the hall, and it looks like Mick just has a snare drum and one cymbal. That's funny.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gypsy, hands down=:-) I love that video beyond all imagining. My favorite part is at the end when Stevie is in that woods type thing with the three little children..I could watch the thing forever. Don't you love Chris and John with the fancy clothes on at that table? and Mick riding on the truck? You have to look for the band members in the different scenes and that's kinda fun too.

I also like Little Lies.

Hold Me is ok.

Seven Wonders is not bad.

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN