User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David
It's hours' worth of film footage (transferred to videotape) of Fleetwood Mac's week in Japan at the tail end of the 1977 tour. It includes impromptu scenes of the band members at press conferences, traveling via bullet train & airplane, backstage in the dressing rooms before & after the Japan shows, & lots of just general all-around goofiness. It's also got some footage -- some of it very jumbled -- of the band onstage in Osaka & Tokyo.

Yes, everybody's basically stoned. This is the next-to-the-last week (first week in December) of a tour that lasted about 10 months, & everyone is tired & fried. It's mostly very interesting, but it is all just raw & unedited footage; it wasn't designed to be viewed all at once as a complete "show." It was probably just meant to be used for promo purposes & maybe even as a tour memento for the cast & crew. You can see little bits of it in authentic Fleetwood Mac documentaries shown over the years, like the Disney Channel "Coming Home" (or is it "Going Home"?) special.

From Japan, the band went to Hawaii for another several days, & then they were done. I'm sure they were very glad. The overriding sense you get from them throughout this footage is of exhaustion.
They showed parts of it on the Disney Channel?

So is this where Mick and Stevie got together?

Thanks everyone for your descriptions!

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 07-30-2003, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got my tape from ebay. I don't have any way to make copies for all of you, or I would!!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 07-30-2003, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David
This is the next-to-the-last week (first week in December) of a tour that lasted about 10 months, & everyone is tired & fried.
That explains why Lindsey whines, "I'm so TIRED of playing guitar!" and Christine counters with "It's not a bad gig, is it?" And Lindsey running off with Carol Ann instead of doing interviews, lol, much to Christine's (and I imagine everyone else's) dismay. He seemed to be feeling the stress more than anyone else, and Chris seemed to be the stoic one, out of that. In light of this snapshot of their attitudes in 1977, Lindsey's aversion to touring in 1987 made a lot more sense than Chris' in 1997, but I guess age factored into that... as well as some things we will never know, no doubt, unless Mick runs out of money and decides to write "My 50 Years in Fleetwood Mac" lol.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-30-2003 at 05:34 PM..
Old 07-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WednesdaysChild
Oh man...I would LOVE to see this! LOL Especially since Robin is there. That's too funny about Christine saying that about Stevie! LOL And who was the little girl--one of Mick's daughters?

PS. Slightly OT, but does anyone know how long Robin traveled with FM and for what tours, etc?

The girl who gave Stevie back the ring was probably not Mick's daughter, because I assume Stevie would've known who it was. This little girl came out of nowhere. There is a part where Mick is carrying a girl (and someone else carrying another little girl) and I think those are his daughters who were sleeping and are being...moved, I guess.

I know Robin traveled with FM as Stevie's "speech therapist" -- they even have a portion where Stevie's over a sort of steam machine trying to warm her vocal chords up, and she tells the camera to "ask her speech therapist" why. I like that part. I'm not sure on dates, however.

But I do...really develop a disliking of Lindsey. He really is just...all over his girlfriend and always within ten feet of Stevie. Throwing it in her face big time.
& the voice of a choir
& a melody...
nothing else mattered
Old 07-30-2003, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfirefly
But I do...really develop a disliking of Lindsey. He really is just...all over his girlfriend and always within ten feet of Stevie. Throwing it in her face big time.
Well, I'm sure part of that was Carol Ann being clingy. What else had she to do besides follow Lindsey around and hang all over him? And Stevie was sure touchy-feely with those roadies in front of Lindsey. They were both being less than likeable in that area.

Old 07-30-2003, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Isn't this the one where Richard Dashut does a hilarious imitation of Stevie while she's doing her ballet stretches?
I think there may be a few scenes from this in the Mick Fleetwood documentary. Am I right?
Old 07-30-2003, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard that Lindsey and Carol Ann kept to themselves and just hung out in the hotel and stuff, and didn't go out partying like the rest of the band. They were a low-key couple...so Mick must have been sneaking her cocaine

The scene in some video, where Richard Dashut makes fun of Stevie's ballet moves, he later says something to her like, "Don't worry, you won't have children!" and she looks really hurt. One can only imagine what had happened at that point...

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 07-31-2003, 01:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

I have this on DVD - one of my jobs for later on this summer is pulling it to VCD, at which point it will be available for trade (not sale).
Old 07-31-2003, 07:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by WednesdaysChild
The scene in some video, where Richard Dashut makes fun of Stevie's ballet moves, he later says something to her like, "Don't worry, you won't have children!" and she looks really hurt. One can only imagine what had happened at that point
I don't think he said that. Not that I know him, but I really don't think anyone would have said something as hurtful as that to deliberately hurt Stevie.

When they were stretching, he wasn't able to deal with the groin pulls (heh), I thought he said something to the effect of, "I didn't want children anyway"
& the voice of a choir
& a melody...
nothing else mattered
Old 07-31-2003, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfirefly
I don't think he said that. Not that I know him, but I really don't think anyone would have said something as hurtful as that to deliberately hurt Stevie.

When they were stretching, he wasn't able to deal with the groin pulls (heh), I thought he said something to the effect of, "I didn't want children anyway"
I think you're right. I thought he said something like that too.
Debbie

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced