User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Lindsey is gone why? Oh yeah he was FIRED by the Tambourine B/Witch. Going by her behavior the last few years she deserves EVERY negative comment we can throw at her. Every.One.
Yawn...snooze. Of course Lindsey's behavior is beyond reproach by you folks. He is every bit of the DIVA that she ever thought about being. I suspect he deserved everything he got.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Yawn...snooze. Of course Lindsey's behavior is beyond reproach by you folks. He is every bit of the DIVA that she ever thought about being. I suspect he deserved everything he got.
Hey JohnL... I know we are on different sides of the fence on this..

But... I will concede.. he is/was a diva... Big time... Still don't think he deserved this.. if Stevie wants to be boss.. go solo... She's done well at that..

And quit bashing B/M it's awesome.

just kidding bash away...
Old 07-26-2018, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hey JohnL... I know we are on different sides of the fence on this..

But... I will concede.. he is/was a diva... Big time... Still don't think he deserved this.. if Stevie wants to be boss.. go solo... She's done well at that..
Exactly! He may be just as much of a diva as she is but he's not the one who threw weight around to get someone else fired. Granted, she has more power these days than he does but even if he did have that power, I very highly doubt he ever would've done something like that out of pettiness. His 'power move' is making an album without her probably just to show her "fine you don't want to be on this, then don't, but we're not stopping". But to use your power to get someone kicked out of the group they've put decades of work into? I never thought Stevie-- or anyone in the band for that matter-- could do anything so ugly.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Exactly! He may be just as much of a diva as she is but he's not the one who threw weight around to get someone else fired. Granted, she has more power these days than he does but even if he did have that power, I very highly doubt he ever would've done something like that out of pettiness. His 'power move' is making an album without her probably just to show her "fine you don't want to be on this, then don't, but we're not stopping". But to use your power to get someone kicked out of the group they've put decades of work into? I never thought Stevie-- or anyone in the band for that matter-- could do anything so ugly.
We are on the same page. And I just listened to the album again today. I can see why she would feel left out. It's a fantastic album.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I hope this tour bombs really badly. They are so over.

Quote:
We are on the same page. And I just listened to the album again today. I can see why she would feel left out. It's a fantastic album.
Wonder if her participation might even have taken away from that album.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
This. Just think, back in the 70s after Lindsey and Stevie split he could have easily pushed her out of FM. Lindsey was who the band wanted after all... and Stevie wasn't taken seriously by anyone in FM, even after she had been a member for years. She was a source of constant fodder for music critics, too. Especially after her affair with Mick, I think Lindsey could have made a pretty solid case to can her. Not to mention it was a hugely male-centered world back then. Getting rid of Stevie would likely have been all to easy.

Even in the 80s when Stevie was spiraling out of control and was essentially absent from the Tango recordings, Lindsey didn't try to get her fired. Instead, he just walked away. Without Lindsey, Stevie would not be famous, period. So for her to shove him out of the band just seems heinously duplicitous... especially considering the reasoning the band gave for his firing. No one has made FM wait around and burn through precious time more than Stevie Nicks.

As far as Lindsey being a diva, I just don't see it. He's not the one who demands concert footage be reshot with ridiculous overdubbed close-ups. He's not the one with excessive tour riders regarding food & hotels etc. He's not the one who comes & goes in the studio as he pleases. Yeah, he has super high expectations and demands in regards to quality- but how exactly is that a bad thing? He was essentially the architect of the band's sound; he absolutely put in more studio time than anyone in the band- 2/3 of the time working on songs that weren't even his. So I think he earned the right to challenge the others to up their respective games.

Again, Stevie has always been my favorite member... I'm no blind Lindsey sycophant. I just feel this whole situation is grossly unfair to Lindsey, and the band's legacy itself. Yes, the band has always reinvented itself... but it's not 1975 anymore. They have frozen into a solid definition, and Lindsey is a key part of that equation.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, we're now learning some stories from the 80's about Mick and Stevie ignoring Lindsey I've never heard before.
I'm reading some books and I'm learning that Fleetwood and the McVies never had a problem firing band members. I'm not saying Stevie is innocent, but she surely found support in her decision.

I'm sure what angered her the most was the fact that Lindsey went ahead and did an album without her.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
This. Just think, back in the 70s after Lindsey and Stevie split he could have easily pushed her out of FM. Lindsey was who the band wanted after all... and Stevie wasn't taken seriously by anyone in FM, even after she had been a member for years. She was a source of constant fodder for music critics, too. Especially after her affair with Mick, I think Lindsey could have made a pretty solid case to can her. Not to mention it was a hugely male-centered world back then. Getting rid of Stevie would likely have been all to easy.

Even in the 80s when Stevie was spiraling out of control and was essentially absent from the Tango recordings, Lindsey didn't try to get her fired. Instead, he just walked away. Without Lindsey, Stevie would not be famous, period. So for her to shove him out of the band just seems heinously duplicitous... especially considering the reasoning the band gave for his firing. No one has made FM wait around and burn through precious time more than Stevie Nicks.

As far as Lindsey being a diva, I just don't see it. He's not the one who demands concert footage be reshot with ridiculous overdubbed close-ups. He's not the one with excessive tour riders regarding food & hotels etc. He's not the one who comes & goes in the studio as he pleases. Yeah, he has super high expectations and demands in regards to quality- but how exactly is that a bad thing? He was essentially the architect of the band's sound; he absolutely put in more studio time than anyone in the band- 2/3 of the time working on songs that weren't even his. So I think he earned the right to challenge the others to up their respective games.

Again, Stevie has always been my favorite member... I'm no blind Lindsey sycophant. I just feel this whole situation is grossly unfair to Lindsey, and the band's legacy itself. Yes, the band has always reinvented itself... but it's not 1975 anymore. They have frozen into a solid definition, and Lindsey is a key part of that equation.

I have missed you.

And this post... This... all of it.. 100%... It's how I feel...

I might add. I'm so curious to know what Christine really thinks.. I know she's under contract and not much she can do... but has she called Lindsey? Do they still talk after the amazing musical adventure they had together? I can't lose faith in BuckVie... $tevie lost me when I expected more from her.. .Mick... I didn't expect much... Still wrapping my head around the last Fleetwood Mac album (BuckVie) and the bands ruined legacy.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have missed you.

And this post... This... all of it.. 100%... It's how I feel...

I might add. I'm so curious to know what Christine really thinks.. I know she's under contract and not much she can do... but has she called Lindsey? Do they still talk after the amazing musical adventure they had together? I can't lose faith in BuckVie... $tevie lost me when I expected more from her.. .Mick... I didn't expect much... Still wrapping my head around the last Fleetwood Mac album (BuckVie) and the bands ruined legacy.
I know so many folks are willing to give Christine a pass here. I am not. She said herself she was excited to get out with the replacements. I really struggle because I want a proper farewell to this band. Now, it just feels like a sad replica of Journey. I want the 5 Fireflies together again but I SOOOO want to know that Lindsey also told them to Stuff it. Such a dichotomy of emotions.
I love Buck Vie but if Lindsey gives Christine a pass on this to do Buck Vie 2....welll.....And Christine, if that's the case, look out, because Stevie could have you excommunicated too.
While I am not going to see this karaoke extravaganza, I am very excited to see how long it takes for Stevie to finally cave to the mentionistis. It will happen it's just a case of when.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I know so many folks are willing to give Christine a pass here. I am not. She said herself she was excited to get out with the replacements. I really struggle because I want a proper farewell to this band. Now, it just feels like a sad replica of Journey. I want the 5 Fireflies together again but I SOOOO want to know that Lindsey also told them to Stuff it. Such a dichotomy of emotions.
I love Buck Vie but if Lindsey gives Christine a pass on this to do Buck Vie 2....welll.....And Christine, if that's the case, look out, because Stevie could have you excommunicated too.
While I am not going to see this karaoke extravaganza, I am very excited to see how long it takes for Stevie to finally cave to the mentionistis. It will happen it's just a case of when.
Yep, yep, yep.

I too do NOT give Christine a pass. She's the one who could have saved the day, and she did nothing.

I guess all the love they showed on BuckVie was just meaningless stage drivel.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is my take. I have seen many nasty posts on Facebook by now ex friends (I unfriended and blocked them) where Lindsey and or his family have been attacked. They bring up decades old abuse "allegations" and or behavior by Lindsey while ignoring or making excuses for everyone else in the band. One person went on and on claiming Buckingham McVie was called that just to piss off SN. They bring up how he left in 87 while ignoring the reasons behind that.

As far as I am concerned NO ONE in the band gets a pass for their past behavior but all of those things happened decades ago so why is it OK to cherry pick everything bad Lindsey ever did while excusing everyone else.

One of my favorite comments was on Instagram where some trolls went after his wife claiming that they only have the fancy house and money etc because of SN and her success. Obviously just some brain dead **** disturbers with nothing else to do. Then there was this beauty from an ex friend on Facebook that was posted a few days ago.

The fact you LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM even mentally let's not even delve into the physical abuse you put Stevie through sickens me!! Even though it was first documented in 1979 (tusk tour) where he kicked her, hit her with his guitar on stage and mocked her and christine even hit him afterwards. It wouldn't surprise me if he did it again.... the fact he's been KICKED OUT of Fleetwood Mac whether you like him or not makes me so happy! Stevie can feel unnerved and free on that stage without the presence of him being there I know I'll get comments through of silver springs moments and the sara moments but seriously she might have gotten over it (which I don't think she had clearly) He is and always will be a woman abuser Anyway rant over but let's not forget. Pretty slanderous I say. This is from a teen who has previously posted about wanting to meet SN and hoping to gets Karen's info so he can get a meet and greet through her. Keep dreaming buddy.

Then lately I have seen people post articles or quotes re Storms or Gold Dust Woman (The books) and they act like it is the gospel truth what was written in those books.

As for the tour,his own family has said that what Mick and SN said re the tour delay is not true and people don't believe them. His wife runs a reputable business so I hardly think she will lie and risk her reputation.

Plus all this talk about Lindsey was the one who didn't want to play the old stuff (pre B/N) is BS. Mick is the leader and the buck stops with him. If he really wanted to play Bob Welch, Peter Green, Danny Kirwan materiel he would have insisted it and he never did. I met him in 2009 and he said they don't play that stuff because most of their current fans don't know those songs and they would want the hits. Now all of a sudden Mick is interested in that material. Same goes for some of the fans of FM. Before this happened they could care less about songs not from the B/N Era and now suddenly they all excited about that materiel. I know this as in the past when I expressed my issue with them not playing songs from that era they said things like nobody wants to hear that stuff it isn't well known etc.

The ticket sales are very bad and I wonder what will happen if they get closer to show time and they still haven't sold many tickets.

As far as I am concerned Mick and SN have only themselves to blame if this tour flops. They know what they did and clearly it backfired as fans are not lining up to buy tickets.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 07-30-2018 at 09:45 PM..
Old 07-28-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
This is my take. I have seen many nasty posts on Facebook by now ex friends (I unfriended and blocked them) where Lindsey and or his family have been attacked. They bring up decades old abuse "allegations" and or behavior by Lindsey while ignoring or making excuses for everyone. One person went on and on claiming Buckingham McVie was called that just to piss off SN. They bring up how we left in 87 while ignoring the reasons behind that.

As far as I am concerned NO ONE in the band gets a pass for their past behavior but all of those things decades ago so why is it OK to cherry pick everything bad Lindsey ever did while excusing everyone else.

One of my favorite comments was on Instagram where some trolls went after his wife claiming that they only have the fancy house and money etc because of SN and her success. Obviously just some brain dead **** disturbers with nothing else to do. Then there was this beauty from an ex friend on Facebook that was posted a few days ago.

The fact you LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM even mentally let's not even delve into the physical abuse you put Stevie through sickens me!! Even though it was first documented in 1979 (tusk tour) where he kicked her, hit her with his guitar on stage and mocked her and christine even hit him afterwards. It wouldn't surprise me if he did it again.... the fact he's been KICKED OUT of Fleetwood Mac whether you like him or not makes me so happy! Stevie can feel unnerved and free on that stage without the presence of him being there I know I'll get comments through of silver springs moments and the sara moments but seriously she might have gotten over it (which I don't think she had clearly) He is and always will be a woman abuser Anyway rant over but let's not forget. Pretty slanderous I say. This is from a teen who has previously posted about wanting to meet SN and hoping to gets Karen's info so he can get a meet and greet through her. Keep dreaming buddy.

Then lately I have seen people post articles or quotes re Storms or Gold Dust Woman (The books) and they act like it is the gospel truth what was written in those books.

As for the tour,his own family has said that what Mick and SN said re the tour delay is not true and people don't believe them. His wife runs a reputable business so I hardly think she will lie and risk her reputation.

Plus all this talk about Lindsey was the one who didn't want to play the old stuff (pre B/N) is BS. Mick is the leader and the buck stops with him. If he really wanted to play Bob Welch, Peter Green, Danny Kirwan materiel he would have insisted it and he never did. I met him in 2009 and he said they don't play that stuff because most of their current fans don't know those songs and they would want the hits. Now all of a sudden Mick is interested in that material. Same goes for some of the fans of FM. Before this happened they could care less about songs not from the B/N Era and now suddenly they all excited about that materiel. I know this as in the past when I expressed my issue with them not playing songs from that era they said things like nobody wants to hear that stuff it isn't well known etc.

The ticket sales are very bad and I wonder what will happen if they get closer to show time and they still haven't sold many tickets.

As far as I am concerned Mick and SN have only themselves to blame if this tour flops. They know what they did and clearly it backfired as fans are not lining up to buy tickets.

Thanks for the honest input. I think the tour will sell ok.. However, there is no 'CRAZE' to see them.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the honest input. I think the tour will sell ok.. However, there is no 'CRAZE' to see them.
Exactly. There's still two months ahead to fill those arenas and no matter how much people want this tour to fail; those seats will be filled once the tour starts.

I also want this tour to fail but let's face it, we're talking about FM, and casual fans still don't know Lindsey was fired. Besides, I don't think Lindsey's potential return to the band is linked to this tour's potential failure.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Exactly. There's still two months ahead to fill those arenas and no matter how much people want this tour to fail; those seats will be filled once the tour starts.

I also want this tour to fail but let's face it, we're talking about FM, and casual fans still don't know Lindsey was fired. Besides, I don't think Lindsey's potential return to the band is linked to this tour's potential failure.
I'm pretty sure casual fans do know Lindsey isn't going to be on the tour. Most everybody knows this by now. The point is that they don't care. They're casual fans. They want to hear the hits and as long as it mostly resembles Fleetwood Mac and Stevie is there, they don't care about the specifics of who is performing.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to do an interview with John and Christine.
both of them could have stopped this yet didn't.
I loved the BuckVie record but now that video looks so weird to me....

...and this bit about Lindsey holding them up when Stevie did just that -for years- and Lindsey is the one to get the boot? no.

Lindsey is obviously very intense and of course that probably drives everyone nuts but look at it this way....he's trying to make records your great grandchildren will love, not just do endless cash grab greatest hits tours.

They should have given him his props but they didn't. ...and Stevie not being able to table the BS and cough up 3 songs for a proper Mac album is reprehensible, she's had 30 odd years to do it. Selfish.

I'm not going to root for them to fall on their face, rather, something I think is far worse. This longtime fan is going to give them a big MEH.