Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It's raining. Yay! I adore the rain, especially at night when it comes with thunder and a light show. Always lovely to watch with incensce burning.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I've seen many dorm rooms and notice that people re decorate them to their liking, including painting walls. So go and do whatever the eff you'd like baby.
You definitely can't paint American dorms.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post

Also, Dani, I like that you took the TISL album flat to Seattle. It's like a wee part of me lives in one of my fav cities now. I'm such a nerd.
The pictures and tour book are here too, just waiting for frames!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
My guess is that- at most places- you can paint the walls... they'll just take the cost of re-painting them out of your security deposit, or something.
In my Junior year, my roommate and I took to writing on the walls with a Sharpie, or something similar. We had all sorts of things like quotes, pictures, and we always started all sorts of lists. My favorite list was our people who suck list. It was awesome. I can't remember exactly how many people ended up on that list, but it was always such a kick to come home and add another name to the list.

A few days before the end of the year, we got a gallon of the ugly dorm white paint and it took about 10 coats to cover up the black marker. Probably the worst paint job I"ll ever do in my life time. But it was totally worth it to live with our room that way.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS that today was such a good lazy day!!! Not looking forward to working tomorrow 1-5 =(

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 09-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
A few days before the end of the year, we got a gallon of the ugly dorm white paint and it took about 10 coats to cover up the black marker. Probably the worst paint job I"ll ever do in my life time. But it was totally worth it to live with our room that way.
That's the key Dani. Leave the room the way it was when you are ready to leave. Dani, your dorm room is very nice. (yes I know Amlyn is not Dani)
Old 09-19-2010, 01:43 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
My room:

You're missing a "Scarface" poster and 10-12 Absolut ads, just so you know.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
You're missing a "Scarface" poster and 10-12 Absolut ads, just so you know.
Hah. I may love Scarface ("say hello to my little friend!") and Absolute (mmm citron), but I think Fleetwood Mac overrules.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:51 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
The pictures and tour book are here too, just waiting for frames!
Haha, awesome. I loves it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
In my Junior year, my roommate and I took to writing on the walls with a Sharpie, or something similar. We had all sorts of things like quotes, pictures, and we always started all sorts of lists. My favorite list was our people who suck list. It was awesome. I can't remember exactly how many people ended up on that list, but it was always such a kick to come home and add another name to the list.

Writing on walls is always fun. I've always wanted to get some of that chalkboard paint and do a chalkboard wall somewhere in my house so I can scribble on it.

And that's awesome that you ended up with a roommate that had similar sensibilities. I've never been to college, but I watched a number of my friends get stuck with terrible roomies. Not all of them were actually bad people or anything, of course, but even so, it's hard to share such a small space with a polar opposite.

My friend Amy's last roomie took the biscuit, though. She was INCREDIBLY religious and patently not shy about sharing. Constantly. Amy's a really nice person & really tolerant, but she's a black metal fan & looks the part, so the roomie was forever trying to convert her. Amy got really fed up with it, but wasn't one for confrontation.

This was around the time Clerks 2 came out, so I decided that if Amy wouldn't tell her to shut up, the only way to handle it would be to re-enact this scene (sans the Transformers bit) in her dorm room - (definitely NSFW):

Amy would've been Randal, and I'd have been crouching outside the dorm window in order to play Jay's part, with the part of Silent Bob being our other friend Jamie. King Diamond for the win!

It would've been beautiful. Alas, Amy wouldn't let me do it and the roomie moved out before I had a chance to browbeat her into letting me.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I told my mum I threw up this morning because I couldn't be assed to go to college and now I feel like hell on earth.

I'm a lesson ahead in Media and aside from that had Ethics and General Studies, neither of which are compulsary, so I figured I'd walk the dog and say I still felt ****ty and "puke" somewhere she couldn't find evidence. Well FU KARMA I feel like Hoggle looks. Seriously. My head is pounding, I'm nauseous and my limbs are like lead.

I'm also feeling somewhat slightly ignored/avoided but I think I've just stopped giving one.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 09-21-2010, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I told my mum I threw up this morning because I couldn't be assed to go to college and now I feel like hell on earth.

Seriously. My head is pounding, I'm nauseous and my limbs are like lead.

I'm also feeling somewhat slightly ignored/avoided but I think I've just stopped giving one.
G-girl, I hope you're better today.
And you're never ignored here.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I'm a lesson ahead in Media and aside from that had Ethics and General Studies, neither of which are compulsary, so I figured I'd walk the dog and say I still felt ****ty and "puke" somewhere she couldn't find evidence. Well FU KARMA I feel like Hoggle looks. Seriously. My head is pounding, I'm nauseous and my limbs are like lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
G-girl, I hope you're better today.
And you're never ignored here.
Aww! I agree. There's always somebody on the board to talk to if you ever need to. I'm here alot too so never hesitate to PM me if you need to, honey. *hugs*
Old 09-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

N'aww thankyou guys!

Thankfully I've recovered from my illness and my being ignored was a false alarm

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 09-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thankfully I've recovered from my illness and my being ignored was a false alarm
Glad to hear you're better.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Spent the afternoon in the doctor's office and while I was there I managed to fool the doctor into thinking I grew to 5'3 since my last visit. Then she looked down and saw the heels I was wearing. I R midget.