The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This feels really weird - I feel like I'm living in The Twilight Zone at the moment!!!!!! Or a parallel universe!!!!!!

Let's hope Monday brings some definite news!

I certainly hope this is not a wind-up as I've cancelled hotels now so as not to incur charges!!!

WTF!!!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
I would LOVE if this all turned out to be a hack.

When it was first announced that the Salford date was postponed; it looked for a brief moment like the later dates would go ahead, and they'd work it out so that they could play the venues they had to postpone later in the tour. It just seems so strange to me that only one venue seems to know what is going on. I think you're right though, I reckon we'll hear more tomorrow (you would think so anyway.)
Someone could call the Salford Lowry and ask them how they found out?

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 12-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Dodfather
This message has been deleted by Dodfather. Reason: wrong thread
Old 12-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't read the whole thread, but the news is posted on Lindsey's website:

UK Tour Dates Postponed
DEC. 2 by User
Lindsey Buckingham unfortunately needs to postpone his upcoming UK shows as his guitarist has severely injured his back and is not able to presently perform. All tickets will be honored at the soon to be announced rescheduled dates.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
I haven't read the whole thread, but the news is posted on Lindsey's website:

UK Tour Dates Postponed
DEC. 2 by User
Lindsey Buckingham unfortunately needs to postpone his upcoming UK shows as his guitarist has severely injured his back and is not able to presently perform. All tickets will be honored at the soon to be announced rescheduled dates.
AAAGHHH!! What's going on?? I've been away this weekend and have come back to this. Are the dates postponed or not? I'm going to to Edinburgh on the 12th. His first ever UK tour and this happens. It's very sad that someone has been inuured and I hope they get well soon and can play again.

However, the lack of communication between Lindsey's team and promoters shows no consideration at all for fans who have waited so long to see him. His first solo tour. I'm so upset.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
AAAGHHH!! What's going on?? I've been away this weekend and have come back to this. Are the dates postponed or not? I'm going to to Edinburgh on the 12th. His first ever UK tour and this happens. It's very sad that someone has been inuured and I hope they get well soon and can play again.

However, the lack of communication between Lindsey's team and promoters shows no consideration at all for fans who have waited so long to see him. His first solo tour. I'm so upset.
What news to come back to! The ironic thing is we've known for a couple of days now and you still know just as much as we do - hardly anything! Serious lack of communication. We're hoping more light will be shed tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What news to come back to! The ironic thing is we've known for a couple of days now and you still know just as much as we do - hardly anything! Serious lack of communication. We're hoping more light will be shed tomorrow.
I'm thinking about calling the Salford people and asking them how they knew?

Maybe the venue's are pushing it as far as possible because when Salford was cancelled there was only a week left until the show was set to be on so maybe all the other venues are waiting until the last minute to either:
A) Sell as many tickets as possible.
or
B) Hope that Neale makes a miraculous recovery and the show can go on.
Either way they should have told people by now

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I mean. Postponements happen and can't be helped, but the way they are then handed - that can be controlled and should be done immediately. I don't mean 2 days later.. since the news broke on Friday the weekend is no excise. Saturday is a working day. Oh well, I'll see what Monday brings but I'll cancel my hotel Tuesday morning if I've heard nothing.

I'm clinging to the hope that the info on his site is wrong (a hack?) since it's not on Ticketmaster, Live Nation or any venue sites. See what tomorrow brings....

Last edited by Dodfather; 12-04-2011 at 04:37 PM..
Old 12-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
I was thinking that, but if all the venues haven't bothered tryin to do a whole lot about it how would he know? Only 17 or so people have even retweeted it from his page anyway so it's not exactly big news.... I know I'm clutching at straws here, but still, I hope we find out properly by Monday evening. I have alot of money riding on this ticket.....
it's not a hack.

i assume the problem is that most people at venues who are supposed to transmit the info are not working weekends. although news was out early on Friday only one or two venues bothered to update information.

besides sloppiness of the venues and promoters who all seem to be basically saying most of their services are not working on the weekend so they don't care, what i find completely inexcusable is that Live Nation UK has not updated the info and they keep selling tickets. that would be one-stop shop that can inform people.

so - go McTrouble - that's fabulous idea!!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

Heart

Hi Ledgies,

After reading all of your posts on here, FB, etc over the last couple of days, I've decided to post something myself. LB's page wasn't hacked, this isn't a joke and whatever travel arrangements you have made for these shows, I would cancel them now. Neale has been going through some serious trouble with his back on nearly the entire SWS tour, and is scheduled for surgery at the end of the month to take care of this issue. Thank you to all of you who have wished him well, and who have been compassionate and understanding of the circumstances. Lindsey's band members are not replaceable, they are his family and have become so over the decades. It's not as easy as calling someone else, rehearsing for a while and getting that same comfort level as the well-oiled machine that they already have. For those of you who haven't had kind things to say, please be reminded that several band members (from both camps) read this board. Let's all come together and accept the postponement, however disappointed we may be, and extend positive vibes to the guy who needs it. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda24 View Post
Hi Ledgies,

After reading all of your posts on here, FB, etc over the last couple of days, I've decided to post something myself. LB's page wasn't hacked, this isn't a joke and whatever travel arrangements you have made for these shows, I would cancel them now. Neale has been going through some serious trouble with his back on nearly the entire SWS tour, and is scheduled for surgery at the end of the month to take care of this issue. Thank you to all of you who have wished him well, and who have been compassionate and understanding of the circumstances. Lindsey's band members are not replaceable, they are his family and have become so over the decades. It's not as easy as calling someone else, rehearsing for a while and getting that same comfort level as the well-oiled machine that they already have. For those of you who haven't had kind things to say, please be reminded that several band members (from both camps) read this board. Let's all come together and accept the postponement, however disappointed we may be, and extend positive vibes to the guy who needs it. Thanks!
Well Said

I dont see how any people complaining is gonna make Neale get better.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi Ledgies,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Of course I wish him well and I hope he takes care and is back in good health as soon as possible. Why would it be at all expected to replace him? It's widely known how close Lindsey is to his band and is unreasonable for anyone to expect otherwise.

Please understand that most comments have been directed at the venues/Live Nation etc for not communicating this sad news to fans in a suitably timely fashion - not at Neale/Lindsey or anyone in the band. While I appreciate that you have taken the time to do this, it's sad that you felt the need to do so because we were all panicked due to lack of information. Thanks again.

Last edited by Dodfather; 12-04-2011 at 06:19 PM..
Old 12-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Thank you for keeping us updated. Of course I wish him well and, as said, understand that he couldn't be replaced and certainly wouldn't espect that. I hope he takes care and is back in good health as soon as possible.

Please understand that most comments have been directed at the venues/Live Nation etc for not communicating this sad news to fans in a suitably timely fashion - not at Neale/Lindsey or anyone in the band.
Yes, I'd like to reiterate this. As I said in a previous post, I love that Lindsey is loyal to his band mates and isn't using a replacement guitarist. Obviously we are all hugely disappointed but Neale's health take precedent. As Dodfather said, our complaints are aimed at Live Nation and co. for continuing to sell tickets, not returning emails etc etc, NOT LB.

Here's wishing for a speedy recovery so that the SWS tour can come to the UK and Ireland.

Oh and thanks for the update Miranda24.

Last edited by poetinmyheart; 12-04-2011 at 06:23 PM..
Old 12-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hi Guys,
I understand that everyone is frustrated and I have to agree that some venues still selling tickets are pretty ridiculous. Hopefully the venues will get their stuff together and there won't be any more confusion. In the mean time, even though it isn't of much help at the moment, maybe the Live in LA DVD will hold you guys over!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I understand that everyone is frustrated and I have to agree that some venues still selling tickets are pretty ridiculous. Hopefully the venues will get their stuff together and there won't be any more confusion. In the mean time, even though it isn't of much help at the moment, maybe the Live in LA DVD will hold you guys over!
Great thought, but Lindsey's latest live DVD is being held to random by St. Nick until Christmas day. I'll just have to comfort myself with Bass Performance and mah lovely new Harry Potter DVD.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks for the update Miranda, here's hoping Neale makes a speedy recovery, the rest should do him well. I look forward to seeing the amended dates soon just really hope the gig isn't rescheduled for May, my finals are on then....