User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bend In The Road - CD - 08/28/12

http://jeremyspencer.com/jeremy-spencer-music.html

"Refugees" is a re-work of an old 1978 song originally called "Flee".

OMG!!! One of my top 5 Mac Solo songs ever!! Very intrigued.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
http://jeremyspencer.com/jeremy-spencer-music.html

"Refugees" is a re-work of an old 1978 song originally called "Flee".

OMG!!! One of my top 5 Mac Solo songs ever!! Very intrigued.
YES! So cool. Wish I knew the full tracklisting of th CD edition but I can wait until June.

John
Old 04-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
YES! So cool. Wish I knew the full tracklisting of th CD edition but I can wait until June.

John
Found it here:

http://www.propelz.com/products-page...n-the-road-cd/

I'm tempted to put it in the cart now (since it looks like they're doing pre-orders there) but I've never dealt with them before and don't know if they're legit. Anyone know?

John
Old 04-26-2012, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure I can wait for a CD edition aaarrrgggghhhh!

I shall just have to listen to previous solo albums to get me through
Old 04-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default They're legit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Found it here:

http://www.propelz.com/products-page...n-the-road-cd/

I'm tempted to put it in the cart now (since it looks like they're doing pre-orders there) but I've never dealt with them before and don't know if they're legit. Anyone know?

John
and good friends.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
and good friends.
Great! Thanks Jeremy.

John
Old 06-15-2012, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see the CD on Amazon or the mp3 on iTunes. It's 6/15... any news?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I don't see the CD on Amazon or the mp3 on iTunes. It's 6/15... any news?
Well I notice on the Propelz website that has been mentioned here before that it now says the cd is to be released in "Summer 2012" so perhaps there isn't a set date for release now?

Damn it I want this album. Jeremy if you are reading this, hurry up and get the album out there!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Help!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Well I notice on the Propelz website that has been mentioned here before that it now says the cd is to be released in "Summer 2012" so perhaps there isn't a set date for release now?

Damn it I want this album. Jeremy if you are reading this, hurry up and get the album out there!
....distributor? Where art thou?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

jeremy - i release all my albums using cdbaby.com - they don't do physical cd distribution in stores but for $40 you are on iTunes, Amazon, and many many other sites. When I make a certain amount they direct deposit right into my account. You probably know all this already, but I too am excited to hear your CD and just figured I'd let you know what works for me

from - another Jeremy.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Antimusic, July 25, 2012

http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/Jul..._Release.shtml

Original Fleetwood Mac guitarist Jeremy Spencer will be releasing his album, "Bend in the Road" on CD on August 28, 2012. Glass Onyon sent over these details:
On April 21st, legendary guitarist Jeremy Spencer, an original member of Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, member of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and featured artist on Propelz, released a limited edition double vinyl album titled 'Bend In The Road' for International Record Store Day.

The release packs a "vintage vibe" by way of Jeremy's handmade touch, fusing his artistry as a consummate slide guitarist, singer/songwriter, interpreter, and illustrator. His evocative watercolor graces the timeless gatefold cover, recalling enduring albums when records were the sum of their parts and made with consequence.

Within is an equally crafted collection of songs coming from the deepest core of his heart. He sounds as authentically tasty and fiery as ever, displaying a far wider guitar palette, insight, and conviction that have continued to evolve since his long absence from the public eye. On August 28, 2012 Jeremy Spencer's 'Bend In The Road' will be released on CD worldwide with a new package design.

In Fleetwood Mac, Jeremy shared the spotlight with reticent star-super nova Peter Green, embodying Elmore James riffs and vocals obsessively and uncannily. He possessed an equal fervor and absolute command of quintessential early rock and roll, personifying personal hero Buddy Holly and his ilk spot on. On 'Bend In The Road,' the Elmore and Buddy influences and impeccable blues and rock rendering remain intact and vibrant, while also present is a new collaborative nature. He selflessly trades guitar licks and support with Brett Lucas (the young Detroit guitarist and aficionado who co-produced the album and whose band augments the proceedings) in the way Green and Kirwan shared on the iconic "Albatross", the torching "Like It This Way" and the introspective "World In Harmony". On the album's elegant "Merciful Sea", producer Brett managed to persuade Jeremy to reveal his hereto unsung, intimate, and affecting piano playing for all to marvel. Throughout the full 32 tracks recorded at this time, one can hear an expansive range of influences from Django to Marty Robbins. Jeremy plays effortlessly while seamlessly incorporating these influences and making them his own, as natural and easy of a fit as that of his beloved ceramic slides.

The Special Limited 2-LP Gatefold Edition released on Record Store Day, April 21st, 2012, contains 17 tracks, 4 of which are exclusive: Jambo, Strange Woman, The Sun is Shining, and Blind Lover (but without the song Homework, which only appears on the CD).
Old 07-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^Can't wait! Thanks for the news michele!

Old 07-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Yeah baby! Marking calendar now, hope to be marking it for a Boston area live JS show as well.

John
Old 07-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All About Jazz
http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/news.php?id=98878

GLASS ONYON PR - WILLIAM JAMES,
Published: 2012-07-24

New CD From Original Fleetwood Mac Guitarist Jeremy Spencer To Be Released Worldwide On August 28, 2012

San Francisco, CA: On April 21st, legendary guitarist Jeremy Spencer, an original member of Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac, member of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and featured artist on Propelz, released a limited edition double vinyl album titled 'Bend In The Road' for International Record Store Day. The release packs a “vintage vibe” by way of Jeremy’s handmade touch, fusing his artistry as a consummate slide guitarist, singer/songwriter, interpreter, and illustrator. His evocative watercolor graces the timeless gatefold cover, recalling enduring albums when records were the sum of their parts and made with consequence. Within is an equally crafted collection of songs coming from the deepest core of his heart. He sounds as authentically tasty and fiery as ever, displaying a far wider guitar palette, insight, and conviction that have continued to evolve since his long absence from the public eye. On August 28, 2012 Jeremy Spencer's 'Bend In The Road' will be released on CD worldwide with a new package design.

In Fleetwood Mac, Jeremy shared the spotlight with reticent star-super nova Peter Green, embodying Elmore James riffs and vocals obsessively and uncannily. He possessed an equal fervor and absolute command of quintessential early rock and roll, personifying personal hero Buddy Holly and his ilk spot on. On 'Bend In The Road,' the Elmore and Buddy influences and impeccable blues and rock rendering remain intact and vibrant, while also present is a new collaborative nature. He selflessly trades guitar licks and support with Brett Lucas (the young Detroit guitarist and aficionado who co-produced the album and whose band augments the proceedings) in the way Green and Kirwan shared on the iconic “Albatross", the torching “Like It This Way" and the introspective “World In Harmony". On the album’s elegant “Merciful Sea", producer Brett managed to persuade Jeremy to reveal his hereto unsung, intimate, and affecting piano playing for all to marvel. Throughout the full 32 tracks recorded at this time, one can hear an expansive range of influences from Django to Marty Robbins. Jeremy plays effortlessly while seamlessly incorporating these influences and making them his own, as natural and easy of a fit as that of his beloved ceramic slides.

This record is a career culmination of technique meeting soul that has a transcendent, “Layla-esque,” quality. With its escalating and emotive sequence of songs, which are spiritually driven and invested (recalling LPs of yore, but without sounding dated), the album instead sounds intoxicatingly assured, relaxed, and out of the blue resonant.

The Special Limited 2-LP Gatefold Edition released on Record Store Day, April 21st, 2012, contains 17 tracks, 4 of which are exclusive: Jambo, Strange Woman, The Sun is Shining, and Blind Lover (but without the song Homework, which only appears on the CD).

In 2006 Jeremy Spencer released his album 'Precious Little', which met with enthusiastic reviews and marked a new beginning for Jeremy after virtually disappearing from the music world for 33 years.

Press surrounding 'Bend In The Road' includes:

“I had chills up my spine listening to it tonight, and when I heard 'Aphrodite' the first time a few days ago, I was literally right back into 'Then Play On' territory...couldn't believe it...an instant classic right there." —Rick Frystak, Amoeba Records

“Inside is a collection of songs that come from Spencer's love of the blues. It's an intimate journey but one that will connect profoundly and repeatedly with listeners." —Clive Rawlings, Blues Matters

“An album I am sure will satisfy all good music lovers, from those who loved the original Fleetwood Mac, to the younger ones, who enjoy pop music, blues, rock, classical music, soul... So, if you like good music, this album is perfect for you." —Vincent Zumel, La Hora del Blues

“ 'Bend In The Road' flows with the ease of a master craftsman at the top of his game. His obvious skill and passion for what he does makes this disc impossible for me to remove from the player. It has simply mesmerized me." —Monte Adkinson, Suncoast Blues Society

'Precious Little' left Blues aficionados eager for more… and now, six years later, Jeremy Spencer has put together a masterpiece with his new release, 'Bend in the Road'.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That Layla comparison sure is intriguing.

Do we got side-by-side comparisons of the two tracklistings?