Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "Wet Weather Blues"

Just when I thought the well of Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac material was dry, I was made aware of this Youtube clip. It apparently was recorded in 1968 at Peter Green's home, with Danny Kirwan on guitar, and vocals. Peter plays harmonica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_nmarV3ueo
Old 11-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Great!!!

This is a wonderful old recording, and so clear.
Thanks for finding and posting it, Slipkid. And also the guy who put in on Youtube! I wonder where he got it from? Great with PG's petbird singing in the background. I only wish this was filmed.

Ms Moose
Old 11-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Excellent, thanks!

/z
Old 11-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Really astonishing that after so many years something like this turns up.
Makes me wonder how much more can be found somewhere in the attics......
Old 11-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great find, slipkid! Thanks for posting this. As Ms. Moose asked, wonder where the person who posted it on YouTube got the recording? And as Wouter noted, wonder how many more recordings are still out there....I have a feeling there are still quite a few.

And I wonder just when the recording was made? Was Danny even a member of the band yet, or could this have been just Danny and Peter doing some casual home recordings when Danny was still with Boilerhouse?
Old 11-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow.

Just when you think you've heard all there is to hear. Let's hope this guy posts some more. Makes you think he had to have been there at the time, or at least been part of the band set-up, to know the exact location of the recording, right down to the budgie in the background. I think the bird was Peter's dad's, as Peter was livng with his parents at the time.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet View Post
Wow.

Just when you think you've heard all there is to hear. Let's hope this guy posts some more. Makes you think he had to have been there at the time, or at least been part of the band set-up, to know the exact location of the recording, right down to the budgie in the background. I think the bird was Peter's dad's, as Peter was livng with his parents at the time.
I don't know what Peter's living arrangements were in 1968, but I know he bought a home for his parents in 1969, and lived with them. He was so grounded by his strong family bond for which he saw completely through the phoniness of rock stardom. Yet while his family wanted him to continue on his path of success, Peter didn't.

The quality of this recording leads me to believe it's a direct source, which means Peter Green's management, or handlers are involved. Despite the positive rumors concerning Danny Kirwan of late, I doubt he knows anything about Youtube. Maybe Mike Dodd's influence is as strong as Martin Celmins', and the Greenbaum family trust how Peter is being handled; present, and past.

Who would've thought six months ago that "Peter Green and Friends" would embark on a month long tour? Those of us in the U.S. can only hope for 2010.

Last edited by slipkid; 11-22-2009 at 12:18 AM..
Old 11-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default React!!!

Yes, I think it is a direct source as well. There is something about the quality of it....and the way it is launched. To judge from the interaction at the concerts now, Mike Dodd seems very close to Peter in a brotherly fashion.
Apparrently blindjellyeel, who uploaded it on Yoube writes on his channel that he wants to see the reaction first before he uploads more. So you can consider this a request to react to his opload - as of pronto!!!

As sharksfan says there must still be many recordings out there. I shudder at the thought of irreplaceble tapes - found in the attic - and casually thrown on the skip. Argh-h-h!

Danny joined in august or september 1968. We can't even go by the title "Wet Weather Blues" to get closer to the time of year (I am going into Sherlock Holmes mode now). It rains in England a lot of the time all year round

Ms Moose

Last edited by Ms Moose; 11-22-2009 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 11-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Yes, I think it is a direct source as well. There is something about the quality of it....and the way it is launched. To judge from the interaction at the concerts now, Mike Dodd seems very close to Peter in a brotherly fashion.
Apparrently blindjellyeel, who uploaded it on Yoube writes on his channel that he wants to see the reaction first before he uploads more. So you can consider this a request to react to his opload - as of pronto!!!

As sharksfan says there must still be many recordings out there. I shudder at the thought of irreplaceble tapes - found in the attic - and casually thrown on the skip. Argh-h-h!

Danny joined in august or september 1968. We can't even go by the title "Wet Weather Blues" to get closer to the time of year (I am going into Sherlock Holmes mode now). It rains in England a lot of the time all year round

Ms Moose
OMG - I just remembered the horrible rain that has coused havoc in the northern parts of England these last few days. With my last remark - of course I don't mean to offend anyone who might have had a bad experience with this!

Ms Moose
Old 11-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
I don't know what Peter's living arrangements were in 1968, but I know he bought a home for his parents in 1969, and lived with them. He was so grounded by his strong family bond for which he saw completely through the phoniness of rock stardom. Yet while his family wanted him to continue on his path of success, Peter didn't.
In 1967 Peter was living in Porchester Road, W2 (near Hyde Park) with Sandra Elsdon ("Sandy Mary"). To save money when Fleetwood Mac started, he moved back to his parents' house in Putney, and Sandra shared a flat with some friends. In 1969 he bought the house in New Malden and he and his parents moved there. I think they called the house "Albatross". At some point in 1970 or early 1971, he moved out and lived with friends in Surbiton for a while - it was then he was doing the odd jobs and applying for work in zoos, and then working at Mortlake Cemetery in mid-late '71. At some point after that he lived with a girlfriend in Ham - all these places are pretty close together. I've gone off-topic
Old 11-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG - I just remembered the horrible rain that has coused havoc in the northern parts of England these last few days. With my last remark - of course I don't mean to offend anyone who might have had a bad experience with this!

Ms Moose
This is WAY off topic, but that's the same "Nor'easter" that wrecked havoc on the coasts of Virginia, and New Jersey last week. In fact it began as tropical storm Ida in the Gulf of Mexico. Now that's a far reaching storm system!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
blindjellyeel posted a comment today on his YouTube video page: "check in the new year" - sounds like a good sign!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
blindjellyeel posted a comment today on his YouTube video page: "check in the new year" - sounds like a good sign!
Yeahhh! I wonder who he is and where he has got the material from. He hasn't answered that one yet.

Ms Moose
Old 12-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeahhh! I wonder who he is and where he has got the material from. He hasn't answered that one yet.

Ms Moose
Sadly he has ended his youtube account!
Good thing I downloaded it. I guess I'll have to upload it myself now.
But this way we won't know if he had some more obscure material all of us are dreaming of....

Here it is again:
http://youtu.be/Xb7sUshc2qo

Last edited by Wouter Vuijk; 12-05-2012 at 08:09 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 12:16 PM
kowk
This message has been deleted by kowk.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowk View Post
Hi,
I downloaded another song from this session in 2010.

Description:
Without You - demo - Danny and Peter
Vocals guitar - Danny Kirwan
Harmonica - Peter Green
Guet Appaerance - Greenbaum Pet Bird
Produced by Blindjellyeel 2010

I don't know how to upload this clip on Youtube.
But I can send it via email to somebody who knows how to do it
Please contact me private.

Krzysztof
Thanks, I will upload it some time tonight.