User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I wish I can sing and pick.I would love to go out on the road and entertain.LOL.....
Ever since my band went to a 3 piece(on about 80% of the gigs), a couple of years ago, it was the most freeing thing that has ever happened to me! My playing has improved 50%. I love just having a rhythm section behind me. SO freeing!

And I actually HATE it when I have to play with the additional guitarist now. It's annoying, and distracting!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hahahahaha.That was funny.Those sprinkles must of tasted very sweet.
"They're not empty." LOL. He was so matter-of-fact.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 02-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wish I can sing and pick.I would love to go out on the road and entertain.LOL.....
Do you play country? I'm obsessed with classic country...and in actually becoming a walking encyclopedia of it. I'm up to around 160 songs, that I can pull out of my arse at any minute(FM should learn how to do it). In fact, if it's a 2 night gig, with say 45 songs a night, I will only repeat maybe 15 of the most popular ones, on the 2nd night.

And so even has my obsession with the clothing has taken over...
I still like rock, and FM will always be my favorite(well, with Chris). My friends mock my musical preference constantly, to which I say, "Yeah, well f*ck you....know what? I play the music I LOVE, every single weekend, and I'm fairly well paid for doing so. Are YOU doing what you love?" Douches...my friends can be douches!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
"They're not empty." LOL. He was so matter-of-fact.
Hahahahahahaha.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do you play country? I'm obsessed with classic country...and in actually becoming a walking encyclopedia of it. I'm up to around 160 songs, that I can pull out of my arse at any minute(FM should learn how to do it). In fact, if it's a 2 night gig, with say 45 songs a night, I will only repeat maybe 15 of the most popular ones, on the 2nd night.

And so even has my obsession with the clothing has taken over...
I still like rock, and FM will always be my favorite(well, with Chris). My friends mock my musical preference constantly, to which I say, "Yeah, well f*ck you....know what? I play the music I LOVE, every single weekend, and I'm fairly well paid for doing so. Are YOU doing what you love?" Douches...my friends can be douches!

I cant sing or pick guitars and play keys.I wish I can.Stevie and Lindsey has no time to teach me some singing lessons and guitar lessons .LOL.....

Yes I do love classic country in which I started listening to it in the 1970's as I mentioned it here before.

Yes Me too.I remember when I was in school .my friends always LOL at me and said .Why do you like that wimpy music for.I said the music makes more sense then the noise you all listening too They dig Aerosmith.Kiss,Led Zep and Alice Cooper.

Yes I do like some of those classic bands tunes today.

The problem with FM is as we know.They got to mix up their freaking setlist on every other night.They know their true fans follow them.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I cant sing or pick guitars and play keys.I wish I can.Stevie and Lindsey has no time to teach me some singing lessons and guitar lessons .LOL.....

Yes I do love classic country in which I started listening to it in the 1970's as I mentioned it here before.

Yes Me too.I remember when I was in school .my friends always LOL at me and said .Why do you like that wimpy music for.I said the music makes more sense then the noise you all listening too They dig Aerosmith.Kiss,Led Zep and Alice Cooper.

Yes I do like some of those classic bands tunes today.

The problem with FM is as we know.They got to mix up their freaking setlist on every other night.They know their true fans follow them.
My ENTIRE life is based on my cousin(who couldn't get along with her stepfather) moving in with us, when I was 14-ish, with her damned Rumours. Changed my life forever, the obsession that it gave me for music(and FM, obviously, even though I've expanded my repertoire). I taught myself guitar and keys, based on this obsession. It's so hard, telling my country music friends, that my musical journey began with my FM obsession.

Funniest thing is that my family played bluegrass and country, when I was young, and I couldn't have cared less. Bunch of hillbillies, as far as I was concerned(family and the music). I was too good for that.

And in high school, I remember all my friends listening to hard(er) stuff, like AC/DC. And I actually really liked it, at the time. And it's still okay...

FM is only a machine now. The DINOSAURS that Lindsey never wanted them to become....well, they have become. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, to finance their lifestyles. And I'm not faulting them for that. But anyone who thinks it's more than that, is delusional, and obviously the fan that I was, in 8th grade!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 02-24-2013 at 04:38 AM..
Old 02-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
FM is only a machine now. The DINOSAURS that Lindsey never wanted them to become....well, they have become. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, to finance their lifestyles. And I'm not faulting them for that. But anyone who thinks it's more than that, is delusional, and obviously the fan that I was, in 8th grade!
A(greed) 100% but at the same time you don't want to shatter the hardcore fans illusions(of love).
Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So after freakin' months and months of paper work and jumping through hoops finally got my new wheelchair on order. Seriously that was ENDLESS.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 02-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
So after freakin' months and months of paper work and jumping through hoops finally got my new wheelchair on order. Seriously that was ENDLESS.

Mick
Yes .My friend who is hearing impaired needs to get a new set of hearing aids.He said its a nightmare of paperwork and the BS that goes with it.

I'm glad you got your wheelchair on order.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Words to live by(learn from my dumb ass) -
Never, EVER, call an ex(that you hold dear thoughts of) to wish them a Happy Birthday.
Just don't do it. There's a reason it ended, and the last thing you need is being reminded of it. #lovesucks
Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Words to live by(learn from my dumb ass) -
Never, EVER, call an ex(that you hold dear thoughts of) to wish them a Happy Birthday.
Just don't do it. There's a reason it ended, and the last thing you need is being reminded of it. #lovesucks

I've been there! Only for me it was the last thing he needed to be reminded of.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 02-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post

I've been there! Only for me it was the last thing he needed to be reminded of.
Yeah, it wasn't very pretty. I got, "well thanks for the Birthday wish".
(bunch of restaurant dinner noise in the background)
Me> "Well, I can hear that you're busy, so I won't keep you...maybe I could call you in a day or two, just to catch up, and see how you're doing?"
"No, because I just don't want to do that" (my heart sinking)
Me>"Is something wrong? I was just checking on you, to see how you're doing".
"Well, I don't want to do that"
Me>"Okay, well Happy Birthday again, and I hope you're doing well".
"Bye"
"Bye"

Ugh. Love sucks. And I wasted almost 3 years....and it took me all of last year, to get over it. For the record, I really didn't want anything today, other than to give the birthday wish, and see how things are going....
This I VOW, I will never make that call again!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just heard on the radio that Bonnie Franklin of One Day At A Time passed away.

She was only 69.

That was a great show to watch.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got my first smart phone today.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like Leno is on thin ice again over on NBC...

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/nbc-plannin...234300566.html..

Is NBC Planning Jay Leno's Retirement?
By Sadie Gennis | TV Guide – 3 hours ago.. .

While NBC denies the reports, sources told The Hollywood Reporter that the network is preparing to oust Tonight Show's Jay Leno from his longtime roost in favor of Jimmy Fallon.

According to the two high-level sources, NBC wants to promote Fallon to the coveted 11:35 timeslot to better compete with Jimmy Kimmel. While Leno regularly beats the competition overall, it's always hit-or-miss with Kimmel when it comes to the 18-49 demo. "Kimmel has done extremely well," a source said. "Jay wins overall, but on any given night, it's neck-and-neck in 18-49. I understand where they might have fear and also feel that they own the solution [in Fallon.]"

NBC allegedly has plans to announce in May that the 2013-14 season will be Leno's last. When questioned about the reports, a representative for the comedian, who's signed on through 2014, said, "We do not speculate on rumor."

Would you miss Leno? What do you think about Fallon in the earlier timeslot?