User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
don't you find it interesting though, that everyone - everyone! - including Christine, Mick and John - praise the experience of working with him. Trent Reznor. Little Big Town. those electronica guys. all sides of the spectrum.

the only time the "difficult to work with" arises is when you have SN in the same room. toxic exes. Christine said something like that in interviews for BuckVie - that she has always find it incredibly easy to work with him, and it's just gotten easier now, and that she can only ascribe these difficulties to somehow always arise from SN / LB relationship.
Yes, I think that's a fair point. I was doubtless thinking that the difficult to work with phrase was in the context of Stevie, and my phrasing has unfairly tarred other situations with the same brush. I've always tried to moderate my annoyance publicly at Miss Nicks because I'm never going to be in possession of all the facts. I want to vent a frustration without the excessive bashing of one or other member (or ex-member) that can go on here.

Having said all that, I will nail my colours to the mast and in an assessment of relative creativity, I'm a Team Lindsey guy.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Yes, I think that's a fair point. I was doubtless thinking that the difficult to work with phrase was in the context of Stevie, and my phrasing has unfairly tarred other situations with the same brush. I've always tried to moderate my annoyance publicly at Miss Nicks because I'm never going to be in possession of all the facts. I want to vent a frustration without the excessive bashing of one or other member (or ex-member) that can go on here.

Having said all that, I will nail my colours to the mast and in an assessment of relative creativity, I'm a Team Lindsey guy.
yeah, please understand my comment was not directed at you.

i just find it interesting that he has a "difficult to work with" reputation that mainly stems from what his ex says. most other collaborators praise both of them. and Christine definitely praises how easy it is for her to work with him.

of course he's not perfect. nobody is. but he is not going around bashing SN for making it difficult to work with an ex - while she seems to, and people who take everything she says as a gospel keep parroting and amplifying that message.

i've heard some stories about him reacting when he shouldn't have, and practically every. single. time. the story starts with something that SN or her assistant has thrown in the mix that provoked him. granted, he should know better and try to hold it down instead of being triggered to respond. you can see him biting his tongue a number of times in the Destiny Rules doc.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, please understand my comment was not directed at you.
No problem at all. I'm a fan of constructive criticism and clarification! We need more of it.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
don't you find it interesting though, that everyone - everyone! - including Christine, Mick and John - praise the experience of working with him. Trent Reznor. Little Big Town. those electronica guys. all sides of the spectrum.

the only time the "difficult to work with" arises is when you have SN in the same room. toxic exes. Christine said something like that in interviews for BuckVie - that she has always find it incredibly easy to work with him, and it's just gotten easier now, and that she can only ascribe these difficulties to somehow always arise from SN / LB relationship.
Fwiw Stevie isn't the only person who's said he can be difficult to work with. Ken Caillait said the same thing, along the lines of that he was intense to an extreme/had some issues in general and so it could be stressful working with him in the studio. I even read an interview with John Stewart where he really praises Lindsey but still says his work style isn't for everyone because he's so intensely a perfectionist about everything.
But I get what you mean, Stevie is the main person where there's real issues in dealing with each other.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It’s embarrassing that at this age the band members still act like children and can’t get along. They are not growing old gracefully.
They are old enough now to be going into their second childhoods.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Fwiw Stevie isn't the only person who's said he can be difficult to work with. Ken Caillait said the same thing, along the lines of that he was intense to an extreme/had some issues in general and so it could be stressful working with him in the studio. I even read an interview with John Stewart where he really praises Lindsey but still says his work style isn't for everyone because he's so intensely a perfectionist about everything.
But I get what you mean, Stevie is the main person where there's real issues in dealing with each other.
yes, Ken is the only other person. and he's talking about 40 years ago. i asked Ken several times on twitter whether he dislikes LB because some of his posts certainly came across as such and he would always insist that he's just describing his intense focus in those days, but that he has enormous respect for him. LB definitely had issues 40 years ago. Christine recently said he was asocial and had an unhealthy focus 40 years ago, and how much nicer it is to work with a much more socially adjusted guy he is now.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2018, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
They are old enough now to be going into their second childhoods.
definitely seems so doesn't it? and spoiled bratty children at that, i don't want to offend some of the great kids around these days!

Old 04-22-2018, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
The thing with this band is, sure, they are professional musicians who will still put on a technically good show. They will play a bunch of songs that the audience knows and will most likely make a fortune. But there is something specific about this fivesome that just gels and when together, the game is upped several levels. In 1997, they were a LOT better than the 1987-90 band (and sorry but I just refuse to even talk about the county fair circuit in the mid-90's), and something was just not right from 2003-2013. Live and on Say You Will, Christine's absence was glaring and it just wasn't the same. In 2014, it all came back. There was a magic in the performances that had been missing for the prior decade. It's the same with Buckingham McVie. I actually enjoy the album (as I did Say You Will), but it just wasn't the same without the three voices on it. It is an absolute shame that the likely final chapter of this band is going to be written in this way. And that's not a knock on Mike Campbell or Neil Finn. They're there to replicate what was already done and they will do it professionally, but whatever it is that comes together with the Rumours 5 will not be replicated.
That's what many people don't seem to understand or they simply don't care: there was a magic that will never be replicated and in fact never was, not matter how hard they tried. And that's why many of us are so angry at Stevie and Mick. They didn't care about fans at all when they decided to fire Lindsey.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
That's what many people don't seem to understand or they simply don't care: there was a magic that will never be replicated and in fact never was, not matter how hard they tried. And that's why many of us are so angry at Stevie and Mick. They didn't care about fans at all when they decided to fire Lindsey.
Hence the notion (and reality) that this is a cash grab.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those two whores don't care about anything except money and their massive egos.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Sadly, this huge mess is the outcome of that: toxic exes.

He's mean to her, sometimes too much. But she's a snowflake and after 53 years she should know that is Lindsey being Lindsey. She knows it and she uses it to her advantage.
She wants to have an easy last FM tour so the ultimatum is her only weapon to get rid of him (you need evidence to hold an abusive card).
She provokes him in front of everybody and instead of ignoring her, he just explodes. He should know better at this point but no. When it comes to Stevie, he just can't say no.
Being the loyal person Lindsey is, I bet he never saw this punch in the face from Stevie coming. Hell, it's their usual routine to fight like an old married couple. But this time she went beyond and told Mick to fire him or else she wasn't touring with the band anymore.

Sadly everything was broken. Profesionally and personally. It's a shame and it also affected friends, family and fans. They don't care and that's what hurt the most.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-22-2018, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sadly, this huge mess is the outcome of that: toxic exes.

He's mean to her, sometimes too much. But she's a snowflake and after 53 years she should know that is Lindsey being Lindsey. She knows it and she uses it to her advantage.
She wants to have an easy last FM tour so the ultimatum is her only weapon to get rid of him (you need evidence to hold an abusive card).
She provokes him in front of everybody and instead of ignoring her, he just explodes. He should know better at this point but no. When it comes to Stevie, he just can't say no.
Being the loyal person Lindsey is, I bet he never saw this punch in the face from Stevie coming. Hell, it's their usual routine to fight like an old married couple. But this time she went beyond and told Mick to fire him or else she wasn't touring with the band anymore.

Sadly everything was broken. Profesionally and personally. It's a shame and it also affected friends, family and fans. They don't care and that's what hurt the most.

Do you think they are remotely aware of the backlash happening or are they so removed from the day to day that they are obliviously unaware. I just want some sort of inkling of how the conversation goes...."So Stevie, there are flyers all over LA saying you destroyed FM" "Mick, after this last stunt, your fans are wondering if you are planning to file for bankruptcy again, or still sleeping with Stevie?" "Christine, you just released an album with him, spoke glowingly of working with him and spent the better part of the back half of 2017 together, fans are wondering where your conscience (balls) have gone. Particularly since you all seemed so loved up with each other at Musicares"
Old 04-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Do you think they are remotely aware of the backlash happening or are they so removed from the day to day that they are obliviously unaware. I just want some sort of inkling of how the conversation goes...."So Stevie, there are flyers all over LA saying you destroyed FM" "Mick, after this last stunt, your fans are wondering if you are planning to file for bankruptcy again, or still sleeping with Stevie?" "Christine, you just released an album with him, spoke glowingly of working with him and spent the better part of the back half of 2017 together, fans are wondering where your conscience (balls) have gone. Particularly since you all seemed so loved up with each other at Musicares"
Haha! It's good to be John, right?

Every time I think about Musicares the more I realized Stevie was generous enough to let him have that last time as a FM member with his family around.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha! It's good to be John, right?

Every time I think about Musicares the more I realized Stevie was generous enough to let him have that last time as a FM member with his family around.
Why though? KB spoke glowingly of the night on her IG. And when you go back and look at the videos--she genuinely seemed happy with him (grabbing his hand, holding his arm....) I don't know--I guess it's insulting to think they are truly that fake all the time. I probably should NOT try to get in their heads to much. I will drive myself insane. And yes--it's good to be John.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Why though? KB spoke glowingly of the night on her IG. And when you go back and look at the videos--she genuinely seemed happy with him (grabbing his hand, holding his arm....) I don't know--I guess it's insulting to think they are truly that fake all the time. I probably should NOT try to get in their heads to much. I will drive myself insane. And yes--it's good to be John.
Yes, also Leelee referred to Stevie as "my Queen". Lindsey and his family clearly didn't know what was going on.

If all that love at Musicares wasn't fake, then why was Lindsey fired a couple of days later? What happened with all that "genuine" love that was pouring from Stevie's heart?