Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Ledgie

Default Jeremy Spencer-'Precious Little' CD

I recieved my copy of Jeremy Spencer's new cd 'Precious Little' today and what a gem it is. After the first play I was left with a big smile on my face.
The guy plays such exquisite slide guitar and has lost none of his touch. The cd has 12 tracks ranging from blues to R&B shuffle and good old fifties rock and roll. If you are a JS fan you will not be disappointed with this cd. Its a cross between early FM, 'Kiln House' and his solo records. On one or two tracks it only needs Peter and Danny's or Christine and Danny's backing vocals and your back to JS/FM 1970's era. I would urge anyone and everyone to go and purchase this cd from Bluestown records and support all involved in the making of this superb cd.
Welcome Back Jeremy, it really has made my day listening to this.

Blue Horizon.

PS: Must go and play it again and again etc etc !!
Old 03-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the report, Blue Horizon! I'll have to order the CD soon.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's right, Blue Horizon!!!

I picked up the album today and have just listened through it. What a comeback album!!! This is more than I would ever have hoped for! His playing has matured soooo much!! And his original songs are GREAT!!! (I wonder is Peter Green is doing any song writing in Sweden...? )

Also, Jeremy has written a long text in the cover, talking about his musical philosophy, stories behind songs, equipment used etc... (I guess I'll have to go out and buy a couple of Jim Dunlop's Harris brass flared and blue ceramic "Moonshine" slides! ) He also says that he recorded Fabian's "Everything Is Just Right" with Fleetwood Mac... I wonder if it still exists........

Finally I have to say that the backing musicians are doing a wonderful job; perfect for this kind of music.

Daniel
Old 03-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the review, Daniel.

I decided to check on Amazon to see if they might list the album there - no luck with that, but I found something pretty amusing:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/037...=glance&n=5174
Old 03-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Sharksfan2000!

I saw the same as you a few days ago, very funny!
I think the best way to get the album is via the Bluestown Records official website. I guess it can take a while before they'll list it at Amazon.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
Hi Sharksfan2000!

I saw the same as you a few days ago, very funny!
I think the best way to get the album is via the Bluestown Records official website. I guess it can take a while before they'll list it at Amazon.
Hey guys, can't you just order it at your local record strore?
I never encounter any problems that way unless an album is out of print on what label what so ever. My record store has a list of all (I presume) labels all over the world. Sometimes they have to get it from the USA or Japan, me living in Holland. They also have lists of the album not being available anymore (I try to get hold on albums I used to like but didn't have the money for at the time....).

Soon I'll go after Jeremy's new album, very curious, but according to Dansvens review it's supposed to be great.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, Wouter!

That's the way I did it too (but I live in Norway, though). But in another earlier thread there were questions about where to order it on the internet. I myself prefer to go to the local store, even though it often seems to take a bit longer (Blue Horizon got his album before me.)

But for those who plan to order it online, I guess the official website would be the best place to do it, because not many international online stores have listed the album yet.

Daniel
Old 03-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Thanks for the review, Daniel.

I decided to check on Amazon to see if they might list the album there - no luck with that, but I found something pretty amusing:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/037...=glance&n=5174
That book could explain a lot.

Then again, there's always the other Jeremy Spencer.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He also says that he recorded Fabian's "Everything Is Just Right" with Fleetwood Mac... I wonder if it still exists........

Fabian was a real favorite of Spencer's!
I would not be surprised if he had recorded it sometime during the "Then Play On" / "Jeremy Spencer" (his solo LP) sessions -
"String Along" is a Fabian tune (also recorded by Rick Nelson) - Spencer's is an excedingly faithful recreation of the Fabian's version and I am pretty sure that the out take, "Mighty Cold" on the "Vaudeville Years" is also from the solo sessions -
and his first performance of Fabian's biggest hit "Tiger" comes from the boot of the Buxton Blues Festival which was in September just a couple of months later -
If Rhino ever gets around to remastering "Then Play On" (let alone any of the other Fleetwood Mac collections) then maybe, just maybe, we will finally get to hear all of the material recorded during those sessions.

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 03-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi BklynBlue!

Yes that's right, Jeremy actually mentions all those songs in the CD sleeve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynBlue
If Rhino ever gets around to remastering "Then Play On" (let alone any of the other Fleetwood Mac collections) then maybe, just maybe, we will finally get to hear all of the material recorded during those sessions.
Well, today the local record store had put both "Then Play On" and "Kiln House" on display to the 5th of normal price, which is something they occasionally do with titles that are going to reissued/remastered in the near future. Not long ago I bought the CSN album at a similar offer, and now it has been released with bonus material. So maaaaybe... maaaaybe....the same thing will happen to the Mac albums.

Daniel
Old 03-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk
Hey guys, can't you just order it at your local record strore?
I never encounter any problems that way unless an album is out of print on what label what so ever. My record store has a list of all (I presume) labels all over the world. Sometimes they have to get it from the USA or Japan, me living in Holland. They also have lists of the album not being available anymore (I try to get hold on albums I used to like but didn't have the money for at the time....).

Soon I'll go after Jeremy's new album, very curious, but according to Dansvens review it's supposed to be great.
hey Wouter let me know if you find the album in a record store.
I live in hilversum and i would try 't oortje i guess i'll have the best chance that way. I work at The Free Record Shop myself , but unless something is hugely commercial , aka kelly clarkson, , lucie silvas or any other one day fly i'm afraid we will not get it in stock

to bad good music has to make way for more comercial things.
The only fleetwood mac cd's we have in stock are rumours, tango in the night and the very best of (1 disc version) and no stevie , lindsey , peter at all. we used to have christine's in the meantime when it just came out but it went back to the suplier within 3 months.
so let me know if you find Jeremy's album anywhere otherwise i will go into amsterdam to find it.
I want it, just listened to live at the bbc Jeremy is great there too
Old 03-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc402
hey Wouter let me know if you find the album in a record store.
I live in hilversum and i would try 't oortje i guess i'll have the best chance that way. I work at The Free Record Shop myself , but unless something is hugely commercial , aka kelly clarkson, , lucie silvas or any other one day fly i'm afraid we will not get it in stock
Tough luck over here. My local (Groningen) record stores (Plato and Swingmaster) can't get hold of it (yet) . They are very curious, though, and would like to know the label that it's on. Maybe someone (Dansven, BklynBlue) can help us out on this?
No chance that Th eFree Record Shop would ever try to lay hands on an album like this one.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk
Tough luck over here. My local (Groningen) record stores (Plato and Swingmaster) can't get hold of it (yet) . They are very curious, though, and would like to know the label that it's on. Maybe someone (Dansven, BklynBlue) can help us out on this?
No chance that Th eFree Record Shop would ever try to lay hands on an album like this one.
It's on the Bluestown Records label - index no. BTR 1017.

You can get the CD from www.bluestownrecords.com easily - I received mine in perfect condition with no delay - perfect service in fact. And what a great album!!
Old 03-30-2006, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I received my CD today! Excellent service from Bluestown Records. Haven't had time to listen to it yet, but looking forward to doing that tomorrow!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

All right, I can't take much more of this hype, I just mailed in my order request. Very excited to hear this now.