User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt
I guess I'm a bit of a party pooper also, because I didn't enjoy the "duets" at all. I thought Rufus was painful to listen to and even though whoever sang Alone with Ann had a nice voice, I don't want to hear anyone but Ann Wilson sing that beautiful song.

Heart rocked as usual, though.
No, I just like to tease Brian because he likes to pass judgement on people he thinks suck. He's usually right, btw.

Yes, Rufus. Didn't work for me. Navarro just jumped around & played guitar, which is fine by me. His enormous nipple rings are distracting, though. Carrie Underwood sang on Alone, I thought she did a great job. That being said, Ann's version was far superior on Niagara Falls the next night. Gretchen Wilson really surprised me, I liked her a lot.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Yes, Rufus. Didn't work for me. Navarro just jumped around & played guitar, which is fine by me. His enormous nipple rings are distracting, though.
Are you talking about Dave Navarro? isn't Navarro a fan of Lindsey Buckingham?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Are you talking about Dave Navarro? isn't Navarro a fan of Lindsey Buckingham?

Yes, and I'm not sure. It seems that he's always claiming to be a fan of everyone, so probably.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking I dont think they suck...

Quote:
No, I just like to tease Brian because he likes to pass judgement on people he thinks suck. He's usually right, btw.

Yes, Rufus. Didn't work for me. Navarro just jumped around & played guitar, which is fine by me. His enormous nipple rings are distracting, though. Carrie Underwood sang on Alone, I thought she did a great job. That being said, Ann's version was far superior on Niagara Falls the next night. Gretchen Wilson really surprised me, I liked her a lot.
just sick of hearing about 'em all the time.

Dave Navarro used to be a great guitarist, now he rather be a celebrity (bka "A Superstar"...Morelike "A Stupor-star") instead of guitarist...Played in Jane's Addiction and ruined that great band. Moved onto the Red Hot Chili Peppers and whined like a puss about the style of music the Peppers played ("I felt uncomfortable playing funk music...", Well damn assmunch, ya joined RHCP, what did ya expect, Lounge music or Lawrence Welk polka???) and finally was offered to replace Slash in GNR back in 1994, But he couldnt hack it...Now he wants to be considered some kinda "music judge" like those ****s-on-a-stick puppets on "American Idiotic Tonedeaf Idol"...So he now sucks!!!

Sick of hearing about Carrie Underwood. So what, yer from Checotah...I have relatives who STILL live there and they thought it was weird (As did other Checotah residents when interviewed on local TV) that someone who moved to Nashville years ago to escape the "humdrum country life of Checotah" would remember Checotah ONLY after obtaining their fame (She moved from Checotah years ago to attend school & try to become a "country singer".) Yeah, maybe she can sing, But being like alot of Oklahomans, So can many more here in this state...And MUCH better dare I say!

As for Gretchen Upchuck-She simply "blows goats...And I have proof"! Never understood the appeal, as have many of other Oklahomans. Gotta remember, Oklahoma is the heart of country music (ie-For every 1 rock station there is about 10-12 country stations) and Gretchen Upchuck is very much dismissed here as just another lame Nashville marketing ploy to "modern popify/rockify" country music....Maybe that is why there is a big backlash here towards "nu-country" artists and the more classic style of country has made a comeback (Ya know the style-"Let's honeymoon in the pickup and I will slap you bitch, that is considered our foreplay before I go home and make that woman, who happens to be ma cousin, cook me a dinner in the kitchen and clean the skidmarks outta my drawers before I anally plug the sheep while drunk and with a mouth full of 'backy")

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 05-08-2006 at 05:46 PM..
Old 05-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, Brian. You're the best.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Nope...

Quote:
Oh, Brian. You're the best.
Deb is the best...She gets to contend with me 24/7/365 and sometimes 24/7/366-Poor, poor ol' Deb
Old 05-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Carrie Underwood sang on Alone, I thought she did a great job.
Yeah, she sounded great. It's just one of those songs that I don't want others to sing. Carrie was "technically" great, but Ann makes it hers.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

a few of my friends went to this show and they ALL said that it seemed like more of the crowd was there to see alice in chains, rather than heart. i don't know if that's incredibly sad or incredibly awesome.