Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Ledgie

Default Pre 1975 songs by Rumours lineup

Even though the Rumours lineup played several older tracks initially, many songs haven't been played live since the time of their original release and subsequent tours. I know this topic has been discussed previously so how about we think about songs that might have actually benefited if they had been originally recorded by the Rumours lineup. Are there any Buckingham-Nicks songs or Christine McVie penned songs from the early 70s you wish had been recorded by this incarnation of the band. What if Buckingham-Nicks had never been released? What if Stevie and Lindsey had joined earlier? Which songs might have worked well together to form a pre Fleetwood Mac release? Would you be opposed to the band re recording some of those earlier tracks at this stage in their career? There have been several instances of artists/bands doing just this in recent years, with varying degrees of success. I'm interested in what you all think.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Probably not answering the question you asked, but I think a new, full-band recording of "Crying in the Night" would be lovely. As far as pre-'75 Mac songs, I'd love to hear modern recordings of "Did You Ever Love Me," "Heroes Are Hard to Find," and that forum favorite, "Why."
Old 07-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie and Lindsey's harmony vocals on Christine's songs "Why" and "Spare Me A Little of You Love" are wonderful! I would love to have heard these songs studio recorded by The Rumours Lineup. I love their performance of "Why" on The Midnight Special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4oec-I2Vl0
Old 07-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd absolutely love to hear modern recordings of pre-75 Christine McVie songs. However, in the main I don't think they'd really improve much on the original versions. IMO Why cant be bettered.
Exceptions to the rule would probably be Come A Little Bit Closer and Prove Your Love. I absolutely adore these songs but I think Lindsey and Stevie's input would take them to another level.
Would love to hear Rumours era FM record some Green/Kirwan/Welch material; a Lindsey version of Trinity?