Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Detroit and Chicago for sure; Nashville is a "maybe" - I'll just be returning from a long trip and I'm not sure I'll have the energy to turn around and make a four hour drive.

ETA: Just like Stephen, apparently!

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-21-2017 at 06:22 PM..
Old 04-22-2017, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i think tickets for all shows are on regular sale now. wonder how they'll do? really really great tix (like pit) are mostly gone as well as center orchestra upfromt sections but there are tons of tickets left on the sides and back so i'm curious how those will go.

i have to wonder why almost every single LN show has platinum tickets, while none of the TM ones (except Toronto) do? i hate giving my money to scalpers if it can go to the artist. someone snagged 2 front row Ealeigh tix right under me this morning at 10am, and 30 mins later those tickets were for triple the price on Stubhub.

also some shows are listed under old Lindsey Buckingham moniker on TM (which has tons of great concert reviews so i guess that's not that bad....... unless you search under Christine Mcvie!!, some under Buckingham Mcvie, some under both, so you can't even pull all the shows on TM at the same time, which is annoying.

hope they sell great and we get another round of shows! (and in theaters this time, please!)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2017, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I keep hoping they'll add some dates in Texas. I'd really like to see this tour!!
Old 04-23-2017, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i have to wonder why almost every single LN show has platinum tickets, while none of the TM ones (except Toronto) do? i hate giving my money to scalpers if it can go to the artist. someone snagged 2 front row Ealeigh tix right under me this morning at 10am, and 30 mins later those tickets were for triple the price on Stubhub.

also some shows are listed under old Lindsey Buckingham moniker on TM (which has tons of great concert reviews so i guess that's not that bad....... unless you search under Christine Mcvie!!, some under Buckingham Mcvie, some under both, so you can't even pull all the shows on TM at the same time, which is annoying.

hope they sell great and we get another round of shows! (and in theaters this time, please!)
.................... and that's fixed now and shows are listed as Buckingham / McVie. now if they'd also replace a pic of LB with one of those nice pics of the 2 of them... and they'd be almost set!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2017, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think they are waiting to see how successful the tour will be before adding more tour dates.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tickets for Detroit didn't move as fast as I thought they would. I did score seats 20 rows back from the stage for my wife and I. Should be a great show in a great venue!
Old 04-23-2017, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Got the Chicago and Detroit tickets, but these prices have put me off going to any more shows.

I'm not surprised there are seats left. They're priced a bit highly, I think, considering that neither is a big solo draw. While it's very unfortunate, when I say I'm going to see Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, I get a blank stare before clarifying "the guitarist and keyboardist for Fleetwood Mac."

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-23-2017 at 04:35 PM..
Old 04-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Got the Chicago and Detroit tickets, but these prices have put me off going to any more shows.

I'm not surprised there are seats left. They're priced a bit highly, I think, considering that neither is a big solo draw. While it's very unfortunate, when I say I'm going to see Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, I get a blank stare before clarifying "the guitarist and keyboardist for Fleetwood Mac."
that's interesting, i've been complaining about the venues being too big and prices to low. they needed platinum prices for front rows, instead these seats are showing up on scalper sites for between $400 and $1000 for pit seats. they'll go down, but that doesn't make sense.

their prices are also lower then Sheryl Crow's in my area, and Sting's prices are twice what theirs are, for the same venue.

that said, they are priced as an older band for older audiences. young people are used to $15 /ticket. i was at a show yesterday that was in small theater, $45/seat, sold out within minutes of going on sale (this band normally sells arenas), but i've seen lots of people complaining that's a high price. and this is currently high-flying band with this year's grammy.

ah yeah nobody knows names LB and CM. the only way they can sell is if they advertise as they've been - FM's LB and CM. now in the UK would be a different thing, Christine's Mac songs are by far the best known there.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I see your point, Elle, but I for one am quite grateful they aren't doing the platinum seats! I was able to get third row at face... a nice change!

I do wish they were doing a meet'n'greet type package such as Mick did for FM, though, where you could pay to meet them and get good seats to boot. I'd definitely have been willing to dig deep into the pocket for that!

Old 04-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I do think the tickets are a little high, I'm thrilled with 4th row center, for $161.

I think Mick is the only one desperate enough to do meet and greets. Although I'd give my left *** to talk toChristine for 10-15 minutes.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Las Vegas, baby! 5th row right at $183

And Phoenix! At $273. Pit 1, 2nd row. 1st row was also on sale but I don't know if I want to be so close. I'd probably start sweating.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-25-2017 at 11:08 AM..
Old 04-27-2017, 08:58 AM
Ledgie

None... yet. Hoping more shows will be added! As of now, there aren't any scheduled for Florida. I'm watching out for any indication they'll be coming to the Tampa Bay area!!!
Old 04-27-2017, 09:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Murphy, Ca. Wish they would have been at the Fillmore!
Old 04-30-2017, 03:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've just had a cursory look at what tickets are available for several shows. Tickets really don't seem to be selling particularly well at all at some venues. They are going to have to go some with the marketing blitz when the album comes out if they aren't going to be performing to half empty ampitheatres. As we suspected, they should have booked intimate theatres. Damn, wish I could be there- I'd snap up my fair share.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-30-2017, 08:32 AM

Going to Denver for sure. Los Angeles if they add a date.