User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Want to piss off a Lindsey fan.....lie to them.

Want to piss off a Stevie fan.....tell them the truth.
Well--you hit the nail on the head!
Old 05-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No... it's someone saying abortion is murder that crosses the line. Or liking Hitler more than Stevie. But again, if people want to talk about murdering innocent babies on Fleetwood Mac thread, let's do it. Ryan, do you think Stevie is going to hell for murdering babies? Is it awkward that you like her music, knowing she's murdered babies? Does it interfere with your love of FM's music, knowing they recorded music with her after she killed some babies?

Tell Stevie fans the truth.

See, I thought this forum was to talk about the music of FM in a place where we could celebrate our love for them without being ridiculed by people in the real world who may not like the band. Obviously, some people, like Homer, would rather talk about Stevie murdering babies in a FM forum on a thread titled "Sheryl Crow." You don't think that's inappropriate? Great, then tell us all what you think about abortion. Is it murder? A woman's choice? Oh wait it has to be about a band member, sorry about that! Do you think abortion was Stevie's choice, or was she committing murder?

Piss off a Lindsey fan? Why would I want to? Why would anyone want to piss anyone else off here? Want to talk about Stevie killing/murdering babies? How about starting a new thread, called "Stevie murders babies." That way, all of you who want to talk about abortions can do so, especially the Lindsey fans who are so upset about his firing that they're bringing Hitler and abortion into a subject about someone being fired from a band LOL!
Old 05-20-2018, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Well--you hit the nail on the head!
Storms123, do you think Stevie is a murderer for having abortions? Any thoughts about whether she's really a lesbian? I mean, you don't mind talking about these subjects, right? He hit the nail on the head- Stevie fans can't handle the truth, that's what you mean, right? So clearly you feel it's ok to talk about abortion on this board. Great, let's do it. Or, you could have said, well, maybe abortion is not relevant to the thread called "Sheryl Crow." But no, you said "you hit the nail on the head!"

Not to change the subject, but someone previously mentioned hating Stevie more than Hitler. Now, I consider the burning and gassing of millions of people in the Holocaust to be a truly horrible thing. A lot of Jewish peiple, as well as Catholics and homosexuals, were also murdered in the Holocaust. I don't know, Stevie killed 4 babies, I think. I just don't see how Homer McVie could hate her more than Hitler, who killed millions.

What are your thoughts, Storms123? Did I hit the nail on the head? LOL. Should we keep the talk going about abortion being murder, as committed by Stevie? Or should we drop it because it's inappropriate?
Old 05-20-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

True. Poor, poor Stevie! But hey, let’s bring Lindsey’s daughters every time we talk about Lindsey and his abusive past. Because it doesn’t matter. All that matters is poor Stevie and the choices SHE made.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:

how true!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-20-2018, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Please, it’s ok to talk about Lindsey’s abusive past and to include his daughters in the convo, but don’t touch sweet Stevie, whose four little angel babies were miraculously taken away from her by the sinister stork who wanted them back.
Exactly. The double standard has gotten a bit out of hand. They’re rock musicians, not saints or role models. Both Stevie and Lindsey are far removed from who they were DECADES ago. And, I suspect that’s part of the problem today.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-20-2018, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Storms123, do you think Stevie is a murderer for having abortions? Any thoughts about whether she's really a lesbian? I mean, you don't mind talking about these subjects, right? He hit the nail on the head- Stevie fans can't handle the truth, that's what you mean, right? So clearly you feel it's ok to talk about abortion on this board. Great, let's do it. Or, you could have said, well, maybe abortion is not relevant to the thread called "Sheryl Crow." But no, you said "you hit the nail on the head!"

Not to change the subject, but someone previously mentioned hating Stevie more than Hitler. Now, I consider the burning and gassing of millions of people in the Holocaust to be a truly horrible thing. A lot of Jewish peiple, as well as Catholics and homosexuals, were also murdered in the Holocaust. I don't know, Stevie killed 4 babies, I think. I just don't see how Homer McVie could hate her more than Hitler, who killed millions.

What are your thoughts, Storms123? Did I hit the nail on the head? LOL. Should we keep the talk going about abortion being murder, as committed by Stevie? Or should we drop it because it's inappropriate?
Why am I specifically getting dragged into the "social commentary" debate on this thread? Have I specifically said something that warrants me getting called out here.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Have I specifically said something that warrants me getting called out here.
True or not, it's probably all your talk about Hitler.

Btw, with Hitler the more I learn about that guy
the more I don't care for him.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread has gotten really out of hand...
Everyone should stop talking about abortions and Hitler. These aren't just things you can throw around in conversation. Talk about the bitching band members all you want but I think it's best to keep it within the scope of just that-- bitching band members. Attacks on their personal lives and bizarre comparisons to genocidal figures are not remotely necessary
Old 05-20-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
This thread has gotten really out of hand...
Everyone should stop talking about abortions and Hitler.
But, it’s still okay to talk about domestic violence?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-20-2018, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
But, it’s still okay to talk about domestic violence?
No it's not...I was the one that kept telling people to stop throwing claims about that around...
Old 05-20-2018, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
True or not, it's probably all your talk about Hitler.

Btw, with Hitler the more I learn about that guy
the more I don't care for him.
I've not mentioned Hitler once (until this post).
Old 05-20-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hitler. Lesbians. Abortions. What the F happened in this thread!? Damn you Sheryl Crow!!

My take: I thought Sheryl Crow “replacing” Chris would’ve been a poor idea and served no purpose outside of making Stevie “comfortable” with another woman in the band. And unless Stevie and Sheryl were lesbianing together and aborting their love children, I don’t know how we got here.

On the other related topics that have come up...
- OBVIOUSLY the “I hate her more than Hitler” remark wasn’t meant to be taken literally. For 75+ years, Hitler (for obvious reasons) has been used by most of the World to invoke a comparison to one of the most vile human beings in recent memory. It certainly doesn’t compare Stevie’s life to Hitler’s nor does it serve to justify killing millions of Jews and other. FFS everyone needs to settle the hell down and stop being so sensitive to every friggin remark.

- Can we all agree that the people in this band are all human and haven’t exactly been paragons of virtue? Lindsey has demons in his past, but he’s not alone. Stevie’s on record as saying she got physically violent with Lindsey. Johns record isn’t clean there either. And they ALL have done their fair share of emotionally abusive antics to each other and others in their lives.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sheryl Crow, Michael Campbell, and Neil Finn are all GREAT musicians. This is no disrespect to their musical ability. However, they have no place in Fleetwood Mac. The band is about chemistry.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Sheryl Crow, Michael Campbell, and Neil Finn are all GREAT musicians. This is no disrespect to their musical ability. However, they have no place in Fleetwood Mac. The band is about chemistry.
Well said! My sentiments exactly.