If one needs a bathroom break, just take it at the
beginning of one of her stories. You'll be back in
time not to miss any of the music.
Comment of the day!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-25-2018, 10:20 PM
Ledgie

Default Billy wasn't offered

Billy Burnett wasn't offered a spot to come back. He had a rant about this on Twitter, he's actually the one that broke the news something was wrong. But then he took his tweet down. It said something to the words of "Lindsey's out but I sure as hell am not back in" but then it was gone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Oh, Billy Burnett was there alright. Moreover, he was considered for the spot. Mike Campbell was written in stone due to his close involvement with Stevie, but the band needed a vocalist.

This fiasco all went down right after MusicCares. I'm surprised it was able to be kept secret as long as it was.

Billy's health issues have come in recent weeks-long after Fleetwood Mac had already selected Finn. I suppose, in hindsight, it was good that Billy did not get the job. His health conditions wouldn't have withstood the strain.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoprano71 View Post
Billy Burnett wasn't offered a spot to come back. He had a rant about this on Twitter, he's actually the one that broke the news something was wrong. But then he took his tweet down. It said something to the words of "Lindsey's out but I sure as hell am not back in" but then it was gone....
You're right, he was not offered the spot. My assessment said that he was "considered" and auditioned/jammed with the band in the days before Neil Finn was called in. After realizing that the Burnett chemistry was not good, the band went back to brainstorming and came up with Neil Finn.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I really hope that Lindsey refuses to rejoin this greedy group of old hags and $$$ grubbin geezers .
Me, too! He's the only one left, for whom I have an ounce of respect. I hope they ask him, and he tells them to f*ck off!
Old 04-26-2018, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The band will be better live

No they wont. Lindsey was the live act. He gave them the energy.
I really like Neil Finn but neither he nor Mike Campbell are the most animated of performers. The new set may be interesting but completely lacking in excitement.
Wholeheartedly disagree. After seeing Mike with the Heartbreakers many times and with Mudcrutch, I can guarantee he’ll be amazing.

This is the sound he’ll bring to Fleetwood Mac.
Pay attention to the last half of this video - right up until the end:
https://youtu.be/3_iBKacXIA4
Old 04-26-2018, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
more stage time for Stevie?? No annoying guitar player to compete for attention or storytelling time.

I keep remembering how she arranged (her team) to have a Rolling Stone cover story about HERSELF during the midst of a Mac tour last time.

Sister worries about herself and no one else.
She has always had narcissistic tendencies but now it is her primary trait.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
more stage time for Stevie?? No annoying guitar player to compete for attention or storytelling time.

I keep remembering how she arranged (her team) to have a Rolling Stone cover story about HERSELF during the midst of a Mac tour last time.

Sister worries about herself and no one else.
I don’t think she had much say in the Rolling Stone thing... if she had that much influence over RS, she would have gotten a cover when she did IYD. I think they gave her the opportunity while promoting 24 KG and it would have been insane not to take it.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You could remove Stevie Nicks and add Pat Benatar and Fleetwood Mac would be more interesting.
Hell 2 Da Naw

Either Bonnie Raitt, whose blues playing and gravely but dynamic voice would have been a great fit for the band, or Susanna Hoffs, who I think sounds like a younger Stevie and would probably have a really good chemistry with Lindsey, would have been my choices.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-26-2018, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello everybody, long time no see...
I've been absent for a very long time. In the middle we had a new EP, which I didn't liked so much, Lindsey playing with Dave Grohl and company in the Grammy's, which performance was cut in the middle of the song, and a wonderful work of Lindsey and Christine, which is simply that, fantastic.
Now I returned from a long travel, and the first thing I read is that Lindsey is no longer with Fleetwood Mac. He will release a new album, I don't know if it's true, but he's not with the band anymore. Why? I don't know. Suddenly, I feel that we're simply living what happened between Tango In The Night and Time, between 1987 and 1995. New members, new tour, Stevie Nicks and Christine still on the road, but we don't know for how much time. I don't like what is happening. It's ok with Cambell and Neil Finn, but I don't like it.
Oh, I remember that Stevie Nicks refused to release a new album with the band because of her solo career, and that's why Lindsey released with Christine a very special album...
I'm not angry with Fleetwood Mac. I'n angry with Mick Fleetwood.
RIP Fleetwood Mac, once again.

Last edited by moon; 04-26-2018 at 12:09 PM..
Old 04-26-2018, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the biggest outrage since the breakup of the Beatles
Old 04-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
at least that was mutual
Old 04-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I saw on IG or somewhere, someone did call Stevie “Yoko”
Old 04-26-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I saw on IG or somewhere, someone did call Stevie “Yoko”
That's funny!
Old 04-26-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Hello everybody, long time no see...
I've been absent for a very long time. In the middle we had a new EP, which I didn't liked so much, Lindsey playing with Dave Grohl and company in the Grammy's, which performance was cut in the middle of the song, and a wonderful work of Lindsey and Christine, which is simply that, fantastic.
Now I returned from a long travel, and the first thing I read is that Lindsey is no longer with Fleetwood Mac. He will release a new album, I don't know if it's true, but he's not with the band anymore. Why? I don't know. Suddenly, I feel that we're simply living what happened between Tango In The Night and Time, between 1987 and 1995. New members, new tour, Stevie Nicks and Christine still on the road, but we don't know for how much time. I don't like what is happening. It's ok with Cambell and Neil Finn, but I don't like it.
Oh, I remember that Stevie Nicks refused to release a new album with the band because of her solo career, and that's why Lindsey released with Christine a very special album...
I'm not angry with Fleetwood Mac. I'n angry with Mick Fleetwood.
RIP Fleetwood Mac, once again.
Hi Moon, I remember about you, welcome back!
Old 04-26-2018, 06:09 PM
Ledgie

When a singer/ musician passes away, their fans listen to their music in memory of them. That's what I've been doing in recent days........and marvelling at just how much LB gave to the unique sound of Fleetwood Mac. Thankfully, he's still very much alive........but something wonderful has certainly died. RIP indeed.