User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2024, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Now, let's call a spade a spade. EVERYONE except BWBOI has heard pre 75 stuff.

Not really, HomoMcvie- when I saw Fleetwood Mac on their last tour, they performed Tell Me All the Things You Do, Black Magic Woman, and Oh Well, plus I saw footage on YouTube where they performed Hypnotized and Man of the World. And I’ve heard Station Man, Why, Sentimental Lady, Spare Me a Little, Albatross, etc.
Old 01-20-2024, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Not really, HomoMcvie- when I saw Fleetwood Mac on their last tour, they performed Tell Me All the Things You Do, Black Magic Woman, and Oh Well, plus I saw footage on YouTube where they performed Hypnotized and Man of the World. And I’ve heard Station Man, Why, Sentimental Lady, Spare Me a Little, Albatross, etc.
Well, you've heard some good songs.

But I have to say I'm not cool with the "Homo" comment.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You heard them so you could see your queen.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Probably strike worthy, although those don't seem to happen any more.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks! They are great songs.

He always refers to me as Bwboi, feminizing ny name, hence I return the favor. A lot of folks are sensitive to pronouns, and to not being misgendered. I believe the saying ‘two wrongs don’t make a right,’ but in this case, why not? If I take the high road, he just continues it.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't own pre-75 albums, except Bare Trees. But I have listened some pre-75 stuff. I also have a Youtube playlist with all pre-75 Christine Mac songs.
Old 01-20-2024, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

He always refers to me as Bwboi, feminizing ny name, hence I return the favor. A lot of folks are sensitive to pronouns, and to not being misgendered. I believe the saying ‘two wrongs don’t make a right,’ but in this case, why not? If I take the high road, he just continues it.
Aren't you a 50yo man, going by boy? I'm not sure that a y or an i changes anything.

Feminizing?
Old 01-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I trashed all mine but I did the same as you as jbrownsjr. I would clip anything mention of the band and tape it to my wall. My friends would laugh at me for doing so. I can remember the smell of the newspaper on Sunday mornings and I would run to the entertainment section. I would cut out the Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks concert ads. Stevie's Wild Heart show used the album cover but mostly that photo of her smiling pulling her hair at the end. I would also chart all the songs and albums. This is how I can remember trivia about the band because of all those quick drops before each song on the countdown shows.
I hung on to some very vintage posters that were stored at my parents house for decades. I could not throw them away and sold them on Ebay many years ago. I had the ORIGINAL Tusk poster, ORIGINAL 1976 poster and a very rare Stevie Nicks Tusk photo printed in England. I had never seen any like it before. There was a record store in my home town that used to have it on the wall. It was there for years. One day I asked to buy it and they sold it to me.
wow. i have several original posters still hanging up and some are rolled and stored. i used to cut out the tiny HBO concert ads also!! to this day, if anything about FM appears in print, my mother will cut and save for me I cannot bring myself to toss anything. the only stuff i trashed were awful b/w photocopies of color pics that i made in the library when I was 13...but other than that i have a cabinet and walk in closet full of FM stuff. it's crazy.

My daughter has said, 'you know, i really don't want all this sh*t when you die' but i told her she could make some $ off it if she sells in the right forums!

--Lis
Old 01-21-2024, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, as a gay man, I’m not at all cool with “homo” being banded about on a public message board. Whatever thing you and Homer have going on, I hope you can work that out privately.
Old 01-21-2024, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, as a gay man, I’m not at all cool with “homo” being banded about on a public message board. Whatever thing you and Homer have going on, I hope you can work that out privately.
I'll pass. He seems to have regular "misunderstandings" here.

No hate. Just my own warped sense of humor. As usual.
Old 01-21-2024, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
wow. i have several original posters still hanging up and some are rolled and stored. i used to cut out the tiny HBO concert ads also!! to this day, if anything about FM appears in print, my mother will cut and save for me I cannot bring myself to toss anything. the only stuff i trashed were awful b/w photocopies of color pics that i made in the library when I was 13...but other than that i have a cabinet and walk in closet full of FM stuff. it's crazy.

My daughter has said, 'you know, i really don't want all this sh*t when you die' but i told her she could make some $ off it if she sells in the right forums!

--Lis
Ha ha. I also cut out those tiny HBO photos for the concert. Back in the day HBO would have those monthly magazines like TV guides for what was coming on HBO that month. I've told this story before but I actually wrote a 2 page letter to HBO asking them to re-air the Mirage concert. HBO programming executive actually wrote me back. It was a puff letter stating they knew the concert was popular and that it was possible for it to air again someday in the future. It never happened. Gosh it would be hysterical if I had copy of that letter today. But please let me put it in perspective. We had no VCR to tape it nor rent it from the video store. We did not even have MTV. So my letter was more a cry for help
Me, you and jbrownsjr were all 14 seeing Christine McVie on her solo tour in different cities. How many 14 year olds did that. We were far ahead of our time!
Old 01-21-2024, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, as a gay man, I’m not at all cool with “homo” being banded about on a public message board.
Thank you for standing for us. I never knew Boi was feminine! I always thought it was a phrase by Flavor Flav: "Yeah Boiiiiii!"
Also part of the names for fantastic rappers Playboi Carti and Big Boi!
Old 01-21-2024, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Thank you for standing for us. I never knew Boi was feminine! I always thought it was a phrase by Flavor Flav: "Yeah Boiiiiii!"
Also part of the names for fantastic rappers Playboi Carti and Big Boi!
Even though I'm accused of knowing it, I too never knew the i made it feminine. #themoreyouknow
Old 01-21-2024, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Ha ha. I also cut out those tiny HBO photos for the concert. Back in the day HBO would have those monthly magazines like TV guides for what was coming on HBO that month. I've told this story before but I actually wrote a 2 page letter to HBO asking them to re-air the Mirage concert. HBO programming executive actually wrote me back. It was a puff letter stating they knew the concert was popular and that it was possible for it to air again someday in the future. It never happened. Gosh it would be hysterical if I had copy of that letter today. But please let me put it in perspective. We had no VCR to tape it nor rent it from the video store. We did not even have MTV. So my letter was more a cry for help
Me, you and jbrownsjr were all 14 seeing Christine McVie on her solo tour in different cities. How many 14 year olds did that. We were far ahead of our time!
we were indeed ahead of our time, quite advanced in our musical tastes!

i remember that blasted HBO concert. we did not have HBO in my house but my wealthier friend down the road did. do i had to scrounge up money to buy a Maxell tape and begged them to pleeeeeease record it if they could. my friend said it depended on if her parents were watching something else, because if they were, it was doubtful she'd be able to record anything. and i don't recall she ever could do it lol even though i let her keep the maxell tape for future airings....but like you said, there weren't many...(or any?) I was so upset. I don't think I saw that until it eventually appeared on tape in the videostore. at that point i had rented the Tusk documentary so many times i had it memorized

wow how did you survive without MTV or a VCR?? yikes. good for you for writing that letter though. I once wrote to warner brothers in 1982 trying to get FM autographs and they sent me back a shiny white folder with a few bio pages of the group, as well as a black/white 8x10 of the band. i was thrilled.

kids today have no idea of the struggle it was for us...!

--Lis
Old 01-21-2024, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
we were indeed ahead of our time, quite advanced in our musical tastes!

i remember that blasted HBO concert. we did not have HBO in my house but my wealthier friend down the road did. do i had to scrounge up money to buy a Maxell tape and begged them to pleeeeeease record it if they could. my friend said it depended on if her parents were watching something else, because if they were, it was doubtful she'd be able to record anything. and i don't recall she ever could do it lol even though i let her keep the maxell tape for future airings....but like you said, there weren't many...(or any?) I was so upset. I don't think I saw that until it eventually appeared on tape in the videostore. at that point i had rented the Tusk documentary so many times i had it memorized

wow how did you survive without MTV or a VCR?? yikes. good for you for writing that letter though. I once wrote to warner brothers in 1982 trying to get FM autographs and they sent me back a shiny white folder with a few bio pages of the group, as well as a black/white 8x10 of the band. i was thrilled.

kids today have no idea of the struggle it was for us...!

--Lis
Mirage was the first REAL "movie" I bought. On Betamax! I was quite the visionary! I still have it somewhere. Somebody made me a vhs copy of the Tusk doc.